MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree87Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
June 5th, 2018, 11:40 PM   #91
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,651
Likes: 2039

Quote:
Originally Posted by McZee View Post
That's not to hate on Horhay though. But it is well documented that not being treated as the number 1 guy in a team has been a big part in his decision making process.
You added this bit after my original quote so will add ..........

Not entirely.

All he has wanted is equal treatment not to be treated as the number 1.

he wanted to be treated as Rossi's equal in team management terms, not hi better
Gaz is offline  
 
June 5th, 2018, 11:47 PM   #92
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 377
Likes: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
You added this bit after my original quote so will add ..........

Not entirely.

All he has wanted is equal treatment not to be treated as the number 1.

he wanted to be treated as Rossi's equal in team management terms, not hi better
Yeah, sorry about that mate. I read through my post and thought it needed expanding, but that was before I saw your reply.
At yamaha I think he was right to want to be treated better (than he was), especially given his results. But he is a racer and a winner to his very core and there is a chance that, perceived or otherwise, he may feel that he isn't getting equal treatment at Repsol. Who knows, I am ultra-intrigued to see how it pans out. But, yes, I concede, you're right it was more a case of equality that Jorge wanted, but I bet you a jar of pickled dog eggs that he saw himself as the number 1 rider at Yam.
McZee is offline  
June 5th, 2018, 11:53 PM   #93
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,651
Likes: 2039

Quote:
Originally Posted by McZee View Post
Yeah, sorry about that mate. I read through my post and thought it needed expanding, but that was before I saw your reply.
At yamaha I think he was right to want to be treated better (than he was), especially given his results. But he is a racer and a winner to his very core and there is a chance that, perceived or otherwise, he may feel that he isn't getting equal treatment at Repsol. Who knows, I am ultra-intrigued to see how it pans out. But, yes, I concede, you're right it was more a case of equality that Jorge wanted, but I bet you a jar of pickled dog eggs that he saw himself as the number 1 rider at Yam.
If I recall correctly, he did outright state that as the most recent champion he should be treated equally as he fully acknowledged that Rossi's pure marketability meant that VR was always going to be treated extremely well.

So yep, he saw himself as the #1 rider but recognsied the importance of VR to the equation and he felt that things were not equal.

Now, of course for those that will see 'equal' and start to steam up, we are talking how Jorge felt, his perception not whether Yamaha offered him the same as, after all, I can be offered the same salary but be treated differently.

Tim will tell if this is a good move for him but on a personal level I hope it works out but now wonder about the rest of the seats.

We know that Petrucci gets Ducati (IMO - expected but not the best solution) but now where will Ianonne and Pedrosa go?

I kind of expect Dani to retire but also suspect that he would prefer to go out on his terms so he may look elsewhere .......

Also, how will Cal handle this?

I mean, he wanted the spot and has been over-looked so I do expect a bit of a dummy spit there.
Gaz is offline  
June 5th, 2018, 11:56 PM   #94
Senior Member
 
MigsAngel's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: UK

Posts: 2,597
Likes: 271

I Ride: 675...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Which means less pressure for the dollars ........

He has been under intense scrutiny and pressure since joining Ducati amd whilst there will be some when he goes to HRC, the manufacturer and team pressure will be on Marquez moreso than Lorenzo, where at Ducati it was his pressure as Dovi went quietly about things.

Sure, may be a challenge but it may also be a better environment, as afterall, they came knocking with decent dollars which says something
If the articles are true and JLo signed beforeMugello race then MMs behaviour in the race (e.g. get to the front and battle with Jorge for win at all costs) makes a lot more sense ... and so why he also crashed....

In short, MM was already trying to establish full dominance over his future teammate....

Two more things, i think going forward JLo wont get equal treatment at Ducati any longer....and MM will do all he can in the run for the title to beat everyone but specifically JLo (if he leads anymore races)....
MigsAngel is offline  
June 6th, 2018, 12:04 AM   #95
Senior Member
 
MigsAngel's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: UK

Posts: 2,597
Likes: 271

I Ride: 675...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
....
We know that Petrucci gets Ducati (IMO - expected but not the best solution) but now where will Ianonne and Pedrosa go?

I kind of expect Dani to retire but also suspect that he would prefer to go out on his terms so he may look elsewhere .......
I would think Dani has 3 options...
1) Retire,
2) Go to Tech 3 KTM on RedBull money
3) Go to MotoE and win the first title....he'd be great on an eBike...

Aside from that...I do wonder if RedBull will leave HRC and be replace by Monster....or will Monster money now be up for grabs for other teams since HRC may remain a RedBull sponsored house...

edit - scratch option 2 since Syahrin has signed for Tech 3 KTM for one more year...

Last edited by MigsAngel; June 6th, 2018 at 12:07 AM.
MigsAngel is offline  
June 6th, 2018, 12:05 AM   #96
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 377
Likes: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post

Time will tell if this is a good move for him but on a personal level I hope it works out but now wonder about the rest of the seats.

We know that Petrucci gets Ducati (IMO - expected but not the best solution) but now where will Ianonne and Pedrosa go?

I kind of expect Dani to retire but also suspect that he would prefer to go out on his terms so he may look elsewhere .......

Also, how will Cal handle this?

I mean, he wanted the spot and has been over-looked so I do expect a bit of a dummy spit there.
What about this mysterious Yam satellite team? I hope it comes to fruition and Dani gets a seat.
I heard Ianonne's name linked to Aprilia.

As for Cal or 'Scrappy Doo' as synn so masterfully named him, I honestly don't think he has a leg to stand on.
Given Horhay's knockdown price, I would take him over Cal if I were signing the checks at Repsol.
McZee is offline  
June 6th, 2018, 02:24 AM   #97
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,341
Likes: 1334

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MigsAngel View Post
I am not afraid that JLo will win on the Honda....I think he will win a couple races a year, but he will not win another title while he is MMs teammate and MM stays healthy....

The premise of JLo winning any races on the Honda assume he can get the thing to turn and flow through corners.....not a current honda trait....

Also, if you believe Cal the Honda is much more physical to ride....it will clearly physical challenge for him like the Ducati has been until JLo go the new gas tank.....

The biggest question of course....is how much will Honda listen to what JLo needs vs what MM needs to win yet another title....?

JLos role at HRC is to be Dani's replacement, a fast humble quiet number 2...and when Mapping 8 comes up on his Honda dashboard he will have mentally bow to MM and obey....

That is JLos future at HRC....in my opinion....
Seriously?
Keshav is offline  
June 6th, 2018, 02:33 AM   #98
Senior Member
 
Little Walter's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Stratosphere

Posts: 674
Likes: 276

I Ride: Whatever I can steal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Didnt take long for the boppets to start dissing Jorge.

I expect Jorge to be able to ride the Honda well enough to be the contemporary bopper/rossi enemy no.2.

They cant help it ..... the hate has already started
Not a bopper. Respect his accomplishments on the M1 but find his attitude total crap and his stupidity at jumping to Ducati and his behavior with Dovi a big turn off. He did shit at Ducati and he'll do a bit better at Honda. The guy is a one trick pony in so many ways. If he hadn't gone to Yamaha when he did, by now he'd be a back marker like Bautista and the like.
Little Walter is offline  
June 6th, 2018, 02:40 AM   #99
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,464
Likes: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigsAngel View Post
If the articles are true and JLo signed beforeMugello race then MMs behaviour in the race (e.g. get to the front and battle with Jorge for win at all costs) makes a lot more sense ... and so why he also crashed....

In short, MM was already trying to establish full dominance over his future teammate....

Two more things, i think going forward JLo wont get equal treatment at Ducati any longer....and MM will do all he can in the run for the title to beat everyone but specifically JLo (if he leads anymore races)....
It is entirely unsurprising that your most earnest wish is for MM and Jorge to continually take each other out.

I suspect MM was just bent on winning the race, as is his wont, perhaps unwisely in this case as I don’t believe he had the wherewithal to do so. Even Jorge partisans such as I am weren’t confident he would last the whole race distance until the last few laps, and if MM perceived that Jorge’s early lead was sustainable in this race as opposed to several others prescience can be added to his list of attributes.

Last edited by michaelm; June 6th, 2018 at 02:53 AM.
michaelm is offline  
June 6th, 2018, 02:59 AM   #100
Senior Member
 
MigsAngel's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: UK

Posts: 2,597
Likes: 271

I Ride: 675...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Seriously?
Can you see HRC being very happy with a rider, other than MM, that complains or doesnt listen to Honda direction?
MigsAngel is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
jorge, mugello, wins



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Jorge libby MotoGP 141 June 2nd, 2018 06:52 AM
Jorge Lorenzo documentary - "JORGE" Nuts MotoGP 8 July 28th, 2011 06:25 PM
Jorge's Documentary "Jorge" ROCKGOD01 MotoGP 41 December 21st, 2010 01:28 AM
USA Wins DesNations L8Braker Motorsports 4 September 28th, 2010 05:30 AM
race wins rossi 46 winner MotoGP 2 June 16th, 2005 04:58 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.