MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree93Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
May 18th, 2018, 12:56 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Iamapony's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Santa Cruz, Cal

Posts: 579
Likes: 215

I Ride: BMW, Honda, and another Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
When the pensioner went back to Yamahahahahaha, he was number 2.
Yeah, someone please quote some source for Yamaha not having a pecking order. I guess they are the only socialist team. So, MV and VR are paid the same? And VR and JLo were paid the same? And Spies was paid the same? And so on, and so forth. It sure appears that the Yamaha follows Rossi's advice more than Vinales' view. Pedrosa gets the same stuff as MM, but he sure as heck ain't the number one rider..
Keshav likes this.
Iamapony is offline  
 
May 18th, 2018, 02:12 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,265
Likes: 2533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
Yeah, someone please quote some source for Yamaha not having a pecking order. I guess they are the only socialist team. So, MV and VR are paid the same? And VR and JLo were paid the same? And Spies was paid the same? And so on, and so forth. It sure appears that the Yamaha follows Rossi's advice more than Vinales' view. Pedrosa gets the same stuff as MM, but he sure as heck ain't the number one rider..
When Rossi and Lorenzo were offered 2 year deals for the 17-18 seasons, it was reported they were identical. Kind of pathetic given Lorenzo was coming off a world title and Rossi was not.
Theo likes this.
JPSLotus is offline  
May 18th, 2018, 03:13 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Iamapony's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Santa Cruz, Cal

Posts: 579
Likes: 215

I Ride: BMW, Honda, and another Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
When Rossi and Lorenzo were offered 2 year deals for the 17-18 seasons, it was reported they were identical. Kind of pathetic given Lorenzo was coming off a world title and Rossi was not.
I thought it was something different. If that is true, then it looks like Rossi was made the number one. No wonder Lorenzo was annoyed. Honda did the same injustice with Hayden. They definitely made Pedrosa the top guy in 2007. Considering that Yamaha got MovieStar back because of Rossi, I would say it made sense from a pure economic position.
Iamapony is offline  
May 18th, 2018, 03:59 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,725
Likes: 3980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
FP2 ended with 5 different manufactures in the top....
and one on the bottom.





(Sorry, couldn't resist).






If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
pyeman likes this.
Jumkie is offline  
May 18th, 2018, 05:59 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,272
Likes: 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
I agree. However that is not what I meant.

We must not forget how important psychology can be for a rider (well for any athlete, really) and almost anyone would feel a bit "inferior" in the Yamaha box due to Rossi's immense exposure, and no one really likes that. This is really not Rossi's fault so I'm not blaming him (for once ) but is just undeniable IMHO.
Both the moves by multiple world title winning Yamaha riders to Ducati were about status in the team.

I also don't think the tire change would have happened last year if the 'new' tire hadn't been Rossi's preferred tire. That is what would annoy me were I was Vinales, that the bike and tire were good for him when he got there, serendipitously no doubt, and Yamaha didn't even fight to keep the old tire along with the new one, which it is now recognised by a regulation is what should have happened.
michaelm is online now  
May 18th, 2018, 06:10 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,272
Likes: 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
I thought it was something different. If that is true, then it looks like Rossi was made the number one. No wonder Lorenzo was annoyed. Honda did the same injustice with Hayden. They definitely made Pedrosa the top guy in 2007. Considering that Yamaha got MovieStar back because of Rossi, I would say it made sense from a pure economic position.
Yes, Lorenzo never had the charisma etc to pull in major sponsors. He should have been an HRC rider, although the bike would probably never have really suited him.
michaelm is online now  
May 18th, 2018, 07:18 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: New Zealand

Posts: 589
Likes: 238

I Ride: An R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Bar rumor indeed. Good of you to qualify it as such. I've partied with some paddock workers and GP vendors, the conversation get real interesting after a few brews. In the last year I've hosted some paddock workers and the son of a vendor (started off as, hey can you show a buddy around that is visiting LA) and have since become very genuine personal friends. Baseball games, shooting range (Euros seem to like to have a real American experience) and various other activities, theme parks, Hollywood tours, etc. stuff like that. From what I gather, the paddock is like one big family, close and disfunctional, like most communities. The US is far from the Euro racing dynamic, and I sometimes feel like its refreshing to hang-out here which I sense allows them to let their guard down a bit. I’ve never heard anything super juicy that I haven’t got from just watching, listening, reading, and observing the dynamic we are all privy to anyway.

To rift off of what you’re saying though, rumor or not, it is obvious from watching Mav that he is unhappy at Yamaha. Listen, Lorenzo is a multiple Yamaha champion and his style was the perfect fit for the M1, on the heels of a title, where Yamaha beat their arch rival Honda, he left (in reality he was pushed out)! I can’t remember who said this recently, I think it was Lorenzo’s agent, but he said it was ‘hell’ at Yamaha under Rossi’s influence. [EDIT: or was this Zarco's agent? I'm sure someone will correct me. ] This dynamic didn’t magically disappear, and I’d say it's actually gotten worse, considering the ‘mechanisms of tire “democracy “’ last year, and the “new” changes to the racing rules, that is, it's not only a ‘Yamaha’ thing Vinalez is contending with a Rossi-centric dynamic, as I’ve said before, he has realized what it's like to be Dorna’s “teammate” (you get my meaning)? I seriously doubt Mav is considering Cuntslowing his contract, but as to the message that he is unhappy, yeah, no shit, just observe his body language, not to mention he said he has to “bite his tongue” (I’m sure I’ve read him say this). Why would he have to "bite his tongue"? I'm no longer a Lorenzo fan, but Ducati couldn't have enticed him to ride their career killer bike if he was happy at Yahama. Why wasn't Lorenzo happy at Yamaha?
I remember watching an interview with Lorenzo a few years ago where he stated he hoped he would stay at Yamaha for his whole career and he had no interest in riding for anyone else,it's pretty obvious why he had to leave that team with the toxic piece of shit on the other side of the garage..
Barbedwirebikerr likes this.
pyeman is offline  
May 18th, 2018, 07:23 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: New Zealand

Posts: 589
Likes: 238

I Ride: An R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
and one on the bottom.





(Sorry, couldn't resist).






If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
"If only i had me one of them fancy carbon swingarms"..
Jumkie and Barbedwirebikerr like this.
pyeman is offline  
May 18th, 2018, 07:39 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,272
Likes: 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Bar rumor indeed. Good of you to qualify it as such. I've partied with some paddock workers and GP vendors, the conversation get real interesting after a few brews. In the last year I've hosted some paddock workers and the son of a vendor (started off as, hey can you show a buddy around that is visiting LA) and have since become very genuine personal friends. Baseball games, shooting range (Euros seem to like to have a real American experience) and various other activities, theme parks, Hollywood tours, etc. stuff like that. From what I gather, the paddock is like one big family, close and disfunctional, like most communities. The US is far from the Euro racing dynamic, and I sometimes feel like its refreshing to hang-out here which I sense allows them to let their guard down a bit. I’ve never heard anything super juicy that I haven’t got from just watching, listening, reading, and observing the dynamic we are all privy to anyway.

To rift off of what you’re saying though, rumor or not, it is obvious from watching Mav that he is unhappy at Yamaha. Listen, Lorenzo is a multiple Yamaha champion and his style was the perfect fit for the M1, on the heels of a title, where Yamaha beat their arch rival Honda, he left (in reality he was pushed out)! I can’t remember who said this recently, I think it was Lorenzo’s agent, but he said it was ‘hell’ at Yamaha under Rossi’s influence. [EDIT: or was this Zarco's agent? I'm sure someone will correct me. ] This dynamic didn’t magically disappear, and I’d say it's actually gotten worse, considering the ‘mechanisms of tire “democracy “’ last year, and the “new” changes to the racing rules, that is, it's not only a ‘Yamaha’ thing Vinalez is contending with a Rossi-centric dynamic, as I’ve said before, he has realized what it's like to be Dorna’s “teammate” (you get my meaning)? I seriously doubt Mav is considering Cuntslowing his contract, but as to the message that he is unhappy, yeah, no shit, just observe his body language, not to mention he said he has to “bite his tongue” (I’m sure I’ve read him say this). Why would he have to "bite his tongue"? I'm no longer a Lorenzo fan, but Ducati couldn't have enticed him to ride their career killer bike if he was happy at Yahama. Why wasn't Lorenzo happy at Yamaha?
Didn't see this post before. I agree. I am not sure he is correct, but it is not unreasonable for Vinales to be of the view he has the intrinsic pace and talent to challenge for the title, seeing he displayed same on the "old" 2017 tire in the pre-season and for several early races in the 2017 season, before 'democracy' intervened as you say.
michaelm is online now  
May 18th, 2018, 10:03 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,411
Likes: 631

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
and one on the bottom.





(Sorry, couldn't resist).






If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
In it to bin it, baby.
synn is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
heard, thing, vinales, weird



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weird stuff in Tavullia Pigeon MotoGP 8 September 2nd, 2010 10:36 AM
Has anyone heard? rainbowsky MotoGP 1 June 19th, 2006 03:23 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.