MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree142Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
October 30th, 2018, 05:52 AM   #171
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,737
Likes: 2200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr View Post
Fantasy. Throw Valentino on this year's Ducati or Honda, the best bikes on the grid. He is still not winning the championship. Vale rides the bike to finish and is lucky to have crashers in front of him this year giving him his current position championship wise. Yes to finish first, you must first finish. He was a great rider. Was. Now he is holding a seat from young blood.
I think that is pretty much what both I and Holypuck are saying.
Holypuck likes this.
michaelm is online now  
 
October 30th, 2018, 06:32 AM   #172
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,857
Likes: 331

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr View Post
Fantasy. Throw Valentino on this year's Ducati or Honda, the best bikes on the grid. He is still not winning the championship. Vale rides the bike to finish and is lucky to have crashers in front of him this year giving him his current position championship wise. Yes to finish first, you must first finish. He was a great rider. Was. Now he is holding a seat from young blood.
Remember when he told Biaggi, he'd never win another race, its time someone told him the same.
Keshav and Aw Mang like this.
Theo is offline  
October 30th, 2018, 06:48 AM   #173
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 681
Likes: 536

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I think that is pretty much what both I and Holypuck are saying.

Indeed
Holypuck is offline  
October 30th, 2018, 08:02 AM   #174
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,492
Likes: 1658

Every time Maverick does well Rossi says , itís good he did well BUT. Then he goes to work strong arming Yamaha into following a path that makes HIM comfortable , instead of developing a bike that is more razor edge that s capable of winning races. Yamaha needs to just come out and tell Rossi that from this day forward we are going to be building bikes that have good drive and a little less front end feel that you seem to be lost without. Mav is the rider that is going to take them forward. Pernat came out and said it over the weekend, not that he is even close to always being right, but in this instance I beleive he is right when he said Rossiís age is becoming the problem. The older you get the stronger that self preservation gene gets and in a world of micro second decisions that can lead to catastrophy, subconsciously thinking about is the difference between 5-7 and 1-3. Rossiís m.o . this year is a 6-7 place rider who has benefitted greatly from faster riders crashing giving him 3-4 place finishes and a steady haul of points and subconsciously that is where the bike development has gone conservative. He is having a negative impact on Yamahas performance and until Yamaha address Ďs this problem they will continue to have a steady bike that doesnít crash but is not fast enough to win against hungry young riders .
Theo, Aw Mang and Holypuck like this.
povol is offline  
October 30th, 2018, 10:19 AM   #175
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,756
Likes: 713

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr View Post
Fantasy. Throw Valentino on this year's Ducati or Honda, the best bikes on the grid. He is still not winning the championship. Vale rides the bike to finish and is lucky to have crashers in front of him this year giving him his current position championship wise. Yes to finish first, you must first finish. He was a great rider. Was. Now he is holding a seat from young blood.
Throw Dovi on a Yamaha and he isnít winning shit.
Throw Marquez on the Yamaha and he will still win races, may win the championship, but he is going to have to work his ass off to do it.

Rossi was consistently finishing ahead of the other Yamahas until very recently. He is much better than the bike he is given. This is not up for debate.
RCV600RR likes this.
synn is offline  
October 30th, 2018, 10:20 AM   #176
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,756
Likes: 713

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
Every time Maverick does well Rossi says , itís good he did well BUT. Then he goes to work strong arming Yamaha into following a path that makes HIM comfortable , instead of developing a bike that is more razor edge that s capable of winning races. Yamaha needs to just come out and tell Rossi that from this day forward we are going to be building bikes that have good drive and a little less front end feel that you seem to be lost without. Mav is the rider that is going to take them forward. Pernat came out and said it over the weekend, not that he is even close to always being right, but in this instance I beleive he is right when he said Rossiís age is becoming the problem. The older you get the stronger that self preservation gene gets and in a world of micro second decisions that can lead to catastrophy, subconsciously thinking about is the difference between 5-7 and 1-3. Rossiís m.o . this year is a 6-7 place rider who has benefitted greatly from faster riders crashing giving him 3-4 place finishes and a steady haul of points and subconsciously that is where the bike development has gone conservative. He is having a negative impact on Yamahas performance and until Yamaha address Ďs this problem they will continue to have a steady bike that doesnít crash but is not fast enough to win against hungry young riders .
Selective comprehension is a wonderful skill.
Maverick himself said in the post race interview that while this win is great, they still have a lot of work to do.

Crawl back into your cave. Reality isnít bending around you today.
synn is offline  
October 30th, 2018, 10:21 AM   #177
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,756
Likes: 713

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Remember when he told Biaggi, he'd never win another race, its time someone told him the same.
Did they amputate your brain too?
That was said to Gibernau. Who didnít win any more.
synn is offline  
October 30th, 2018, 10:58 AM   #178
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,492
Likes: 1658

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
Selective comprehension is a wonderful skill.
Maverick himself said in the post race interview that while this win is great, they still have a lot of work to do.

Crawl back into your cave. Reality isnít bending around you today.
As does Marquez and Dovi say the same. After winning the championship and 8 races Marc says the Honda must improve to match the Ducati.
povol is offline  
October 30th, 2018, 03:54 PM   #179
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: The Outback

Posts: 303
Likes: 109

Fully agree with both posts Pov. Rossi is finishing artificially high in the standings due to him not taking the risks the others do, and then benefiting when they have a fall as a result. A great strategy to keep the faithful beleiving he still is a contender, but no chance of ever getting him a championship again.

And any rider who doesnt say the bike needs further development/improvement after a race or quali should be selling scooters, cause they have no place in a prototype world championship.
33 Coupe is offline  
October 31st, 2018, 06:51 AM   #180
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,575
Likes: 479

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr View Post
Fantasy. Throw Valentino on this year's Ducati or Honda, the best bikes on the grid. He is still not winning the championship. Vale rides the bike to finish and is lucky to have crashers in front of him this year giving him his current position championship wise. Yes to finish first, you must first finish. He was a great rider. Was. Now he is holding a seat from young blood.
Hmmm, I think he'd be battling for the title on the GP18. It's a stunning bike, as Bautista showed.
RCV600RR is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
heard, thing, vinales, weird



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weird stuff in Tavullia Pigeon MotoGP 8 September 2nd, 2010 10:36 AM
Has anyone heard? rainbowsky MotoGP 1 June 19th, 2006 03:23 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2019 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.