MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree142Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
May 19th, 2018, 05:32 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,340
Likes: 2571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Golf? Is that a sport now? 🤔
I played golf for a long time, it's very much a sport. Making this kind of comment is ignorant.

One of the most mentally grueling sports I've ever played. There is a lot of physicality required to play professionally and unless you've played it's hard to appreciate how good those guys are and what they can do to a golf ball.
Jumkie likes this.
JPSLotus is offline  
 
May 19th, 2018, 05:34 PM   #92
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,682
Likes: 2073

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
For the record I don't even like Petrucci but Miller gets far too much hype for no good reason. He's on the Chris Vermeulen tier of Aussie riders and Vermeulen was a better rider anyhow. What was bad was Miller being unable to convert a pole position into a podium at minimum.

I agree on the Vermuelen side .......... guy cost me some money and beers due to a lost bet but if failure to convert a pole to a podium is a measure ......... fuck, there are a lot of over hyped people out there.
BarryMachine likes this.
Gaz is offline  
May 19th, 2018, 05:36 PM   #93
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,682
Likes: 2073

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
Agreed. Miller doesn't have it.
Not world champion - nope, but then very very few riders do.

Good enough to be there - at the moment - that is a personal opinion but for mine he is more deserving that many and less deserving than some .........



Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Golf? Is that a sport now? 🤔
You would be surprised how much training goes into a professional golfer, both physical gym strengthening type of training, muscle repetition training and mentally.

Golf is as much as sport as any
Keshav likes this.
Gaz is offline  
May 19th, 2018, 05:41 PM   #94
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,433
Likes: 976

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Not world champion - nope, but then very very few riders do.

Good enough to be there - at the moment - that is a personal opinion but for mine he is more deserving that many and less deserving than some .........





You would be surprised how much training goes into a professional golfer, both physical gym strengthening type of training, muscle repetition training and mentally.

Golf is as much as sport as any
Funny thing on Miller is that I cant say I am a huge fan. However, if I was Ducati there arent many I would hire over him .... matter of fact none come to mind atm.

Dovi and Miller would be a good team too.



On the golf ... it horses for courses. Not a golf fan here. Would rather have a tooth pulled than watch it. And when I play it I always start great but by say the 3rd hole Im over it and start dreaming about riding a CR500 around the course. Lol.

Last edited by BarryMachine; May 19th, 2018 at 05:45 PM.
BarryMachine is offline  
May 19th, 2018, 05:52 PM   #95
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,682
Likes: 2073

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Funny thing on Miller is that I cant say I am a huge fan. However, if I was Ducati there arent many I would hire over him .... matter of fact none come to mind atm.

Dovi and Miller would be a good team too.
Few available riders .......... but even then one could ask the question that after being stung twice with big dollar spends that have produced nothing, would Ducati even pursue a highly expensive rider?

No doubt Dovi is getting expensive now but they would have gotten him at a bargain to start and the combination of the two has increased his value -- as a business you can cope with that.





Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
On the golf ... it horses for courses. Not a golf fan here. Would rather have a tooth pulled than watch it. And when I play it I always start great but by say the 3rd hole Im over it and start dreaming about riding a CR500 around the course. Lol.
Used to be able to play (had a handicap of 5) but then my eyesight gave up (should have listened to mum all those years back) and I simply got bored with it.

That said ........... a tv sport it aint lol
Theo likes this.
Gaz is offline  
May 19th, 2018, 05:52 PM   #96
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,340
Likes: 2571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
I agree on the Vermuelen side .......... guy cost me some money and beers due to a lost bet but if failure to convert a pole to a podium is a measure ......... fuck, there are a lot of over hyped people out there.
There are a lot of overhyped people out there.

Look at Cuntslow 2 weeks ago in Jerez.
JPSLotus is offline  
May 19th, 2018, 05:54 PM   #97
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,682
Likes: 2073

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
There are a lot of overhyped people out there.

Look at Cuntslow 2 weeks ago in Jerez.

Give him a carbon swingarm and watch the results







Of how carbon splinters and what forces are needed to snap it






But I have to admit to having a perverse like of Crutchlow ............. infuriating, loud mouthed, publicity seeking ........... but for mine he is always worth the watch
Keshav and JPSLotus like this.
Gaz is offline  
May 19th, 2018, 06:06 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,340
Likes: 2571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Give him a carbon swingarm and watch the results







Of how carbon splinters and what forces are needed to snap it






But I have to admit to having a perverse like of Crutchlow ............. infuriating, loud mouthed, publicity seeking ........... but for mine he is always worth the watch
He got plenty of grip before that highside...he doesn't need a carbon fiber swingarm.
JPSLotus is offline  
May 19th, 2018, 06:23 PM   #99
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,682
Likes: 2073

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
He got plenty of grip before that highside...he doesn't need a carbon fiber swingarm.
Gaz is offline  
May 19th, 2018, 06:26 PM   #100
Senior Member
 
birdman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
From: Dont Know

Posts: 1,404
Likes: 813

Makes no difference if peeps think Miller is overrated or not, the people that matter ie Ducati rate him and he is almost garanteed a factory bike regardless.

Most likely Petrucci moves up and his pulling aside for Rossi helps because it means he might understand map 8. Out of interest those condemning Petrucci wouldn’t be employing a double standard on Lorenzo? Personally I think JLo did the right thing, because it was real. Much as I like Dovi, can’t pass you’re teammate then simply not world champ.

Millers ‘lucky’ pole. Now that’s a good one from the armchair as it gets. Let’s review: Miller, Crashslow and Marquez fit slicks in dicey conditions. Cal gives up, Marquez, the man who sets the standard, pulls in as well. The lesser talented second tier Miller stays out there, initially 5 seconds or more off the pace, slowly builds heat into tires somehow without crashing, then has the talent to put in an astounding lap. It’s as rare as hens teeth seeing Marquez out ridden and peeps say yawn, move along nothing to see here?

Standing track side watching Miller lead the Australian Grand Prix at Phillip Island, knowing the history of the place with Gardner, Doohan and Stoner you might have to forgive me for cheering on Miller. I rate the guy, he has shown flashes he now needs to bring the consistency. If nothing else if he can provide the occasional competition to Marquez dominance of the sport it will be a good thing. The current yardstick is likely the goat, with Yamaha and Lorenzo busy screwing themselves up, and Zarco off to a second tier ride ANY competition for Marquez will be welcome in my book.
michaelm, Gaz, Keshav and 5 others like this.
birdman is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
heard, thing, vinales, weird



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weird stuff in Tavullia Pigeon MotoGP 8 September 2nd, 2010 11:36 AM
Has anyone heard? rainbowsky MotoGP 1 June 19th, 2006 04:23 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.