MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree57Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
May 19th, 2018, 04:48 PM   #121
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,616
Likes: 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Actuallę it seems that Petrucci has had a factory bike for a year and Miller not ..... so the thought is Miller is the better prospect ..... given that they already know what Petrucci can ( or cant ) do.


Plus the small elephant --- compare Miller to Tito for a look at the quality of machinery.

In 2016/2017 they were team mates at MarcVDS where Miller scored 139 points from 30 races competed (he has had a number of DNS and been ruled out of other weekends) whereas Tito has scored 64 points from 35 races starts.

Now, move forward to 2018 where Miller is on 36 points and Tito on 24, each from 4 race starts which kind of shows that the MarcVDS equipment was inhibiting both and holding both back somewhat (IMO).

Petrucci on the other hand has had Pramac equipment (factory supported team on prior years bikes, not full factory since 2015 and has scored 382 points from 50 races across 2015 - 2017 and is currently on 34 points from 4 races).

Nothing really stands out there as one being superior to the other but as mentioned, when you compare Tito and Jack it does give an indication of where MarcVDS were in the pecking order and why they are headed elsewhere
Theo likes this.
Gaz is offline  
 
May 24th, 2018, 02:49 AM   #122
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 372
Likes: 301

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Some Ducati news for y'all:

Paolo Ciabatti said that between Mugello and Barcelona Ducati will choose if they'll keep Lorenzo or promote Petrucci. In both cases the rider's salary will be a rather "small" one.

Miller will stay in the Pramac Team but will be given a factory GP19 bike.
Theo and McZee like this.
Holypuck is offline  
May 24th, 2018, 02:53 AM   #123
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: New Zealand

Posts: 572
Likes: 235

I Ride: An R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
Some Ducati news for y'all:

Paolo Ciabatti said that between Mugello and Barcelona Ducati will choose if they'll keep Lorenzo or promote Petrucci. In both cases the rider's salary will be a rather "small" one.

Miller will stay in the Pramac Team but will be given a factory GP19 bike.
I guess they have learnt their lesson after bankrolling Lorenzo for 2 seasons..still won't be 'small' by ordinary working man standards..i wonder how much Dovi got in his new deal?
pyeman is offline  
May 24th, 2018, 03:40 AM   #124
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,285
Likes: 916

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
Some Ducati news for y'all:

Paolo Ciabatti said that between Mugello and Barcelona Ducati will choose if they'll keep Lorenzo or promote Petrucci. In both cases the rider's salary will be a rather "small" one.

Miller will stay in the Pramac Team but will be given a factory GP19 bike.
Surely Lorenzo cant stay under those conditions .... and surely Ducati cant use Lorenzo .... he clearly does not gel with their bike. That whole senario in totally untenable.

Just hire Petrucci and be done with it.

Mind you I cant say he'll improve as it'll just be badge change.

Miller would have been a bike upgrade. Which he appears to have anyway now so we will see Pramac Duc. Step it up .... but theoretically not Factory Duc.

What a wacko situation.

To be honest if Lorenzo doesnt go Suzuki or even HRC ..... its a waste of possibly the only guy who could go near Marquez.

Last edited by BarryMachine; May 24th, 2018 at 03:48 AM.
BarryMachine is offline  
May 24th, 2018, 03:48 AM   #125
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,182
Likes: 1944

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Plus the small elephant --- compare Miller to Tito for a look at the quality of machinery.

In 2016/2017 they were team mates at MarcVDS where Miller scored 139 points from 30 races competed (he has had a number of DNS and been ruled out of other weekends) whereas Tito has scored 64 points from 35 races starts.

Now, move forward to 2018 where Miller is on 36 points and Tito on 24, each from 4 race starts which kind of shows that the MarcVDS equipment was inhibiting both and holding both back somewhat (IMO).

Petrucci on the other hand has had Pramac equipment (factory supported team on prior years bikes, not full factory since 2015 and has scored 382 points from 50 races across 2015 - 2017 and is currently on 34 points from 4 races).

Nothing really stands out there as one being superior to the other but as mentioned, when you compare Tito and Jack it does give an indication of where MarcVDS were in the pecking order and why they are headed elsewhere
Admitting my bias, and recognising this was said incorrectly of Dovi for a number of years, I think Petrucci is a journeyman, while there is a chance, and only a chance, that Miller might prove to be better than that.

However, if Ducati are going full on with Dovi as is not unreasonable, Petrucci may be better/more reliable in terms of not doing an Iannone as a team-mate as others have said.
michaelm is offline  
May 24th, 2018, 04:18 AM   #126
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 372
Likes: 301

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyeman View Post
I guess they have learnt their lesson after bankrolling Lorenzo for 2 seasons..still won't be 'small' by ordinary working man standards..i wonder how much Dovi got in his new deal?

Rumor has it, Dovi got 7 millions.

The "small", as you say, is clearly not to be compared to our standards (at least to mine ) but obviously for a guy like Lorenzo going from 12.5 mln to 1.5 mln is a big switch.
Theo likes this.

Last edited by Holypuck; May 24th, 2018 at 04:21 AM.
Holypuck is offline  
May 24th, 2018, 04:21 AM   #127
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,285
Likes: 916

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
Rumor has it, Dovi got 7 millions.

The "small", as you say, is clearly not to be compared to our standards (at least to mine ).
No wonder he seemed overly happy before le man. Thatd be his best pay yet ... and given his performance compared to others ... well deserved.
Keshav and Theo like this.
BarryMachine is offline  
May 24th, 2018, 04:24 AM   #128
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 372
Likes: 301

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
No wonder he seemed overly happy before le man. Thatd be his best pay yet ... and given his performance compared to others ... well deserved.

True that. Fully deserved but now there aren't many excuses. With everything going his way in being the team's #1 rider he kinda HAS to deliver a title or at least to go really close to that, as he did last year.

I'm a Dovi fan since 2004 but I'm convinced as of now Marquez is just not beatable in a championship. Hope I'm wrong obviously
Holypuck is offline  
May 24th, 2018, 04:44 AM   #129
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,178
Likes: 1273

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Anything can and does happen in the course of a season. I don't see Dovi seriously challenging for the championship this year. I don't know that he has to bring a championship to the table. Marquez is clearly a phenom and on the Honda.... well it's a lot to ask. I think Dovi earns his pay by giving us close races and keeping MM honest.
Holypuck likes this.
Keshav is online now  
May 24th, 2018, 04:45 AM   #130
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,285
Likes: 916

I Ride: Many
He's making the Duc. Look good again .... thats all they need.
BarryMachine is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
dovi, ducati, leaving



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Horhay leaving Ducati McZee MotoGP 31 May 5th, 2018 05:18 AM
Dovi rejects Ducati’s initial offer! synn MotoGP 46 April 27th, 2018 07:02 PM
Dovi speaks out against Ducati...and it's awesome rezonator636 MotoGP 60 October 9th, 2013 03:22 AM
Dovi to Ducati? TlTAN MotoGP 1 August 18th, 2012 07:50 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.