MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree402Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
May 9th, 2018, 05:38 AM   #661
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Canada

Posts: 291
Likes: 142

Jumkie and gekko1ro like this.
MadMax is offline  
 
May 9th, 2018, 07:15 AM   #662
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,368
Likes: 402

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
Meanwhile, I even gave you links, so you would understand that Spies was a full factory rider.
There was never any dispute as to Ben being supported by Yamaha (he had a Yamaha contract, after all). My point was that he wasn't getting what JL and VR got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
The reason he was not on the factory team, was because of the rules, which I linked.
Rossi and JL actually had already signed for the factory team at that point. Unless you have evidence that Fiat Yamaha wanted a three rider team with Ben, I understood it to be a forward-looking rule (prompted by Ben's entry to the premier class). I'll withdraw my point for Ben if you can demonstrate that Fiat Yamaha was going to expand to a three rider effort for 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
We were told that he had a contract giving him the same equipment as the Repsol boys.
Can you provide the link? I recall that he had factory help, but I didn't know he had the same gear as Casey and Dani (I'm not sure how Dovi was treated in 2011 at Repsol).
RCV600RR is offline  
May 9th, 2018, 07:32 AM   #663
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,725
Likes: 3980

Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
Do you seriously not understand that if you show self restraint and IGNORE whatever it is that sets you off, it will go away. Bottom line is, you enjoy this crap.
It will certainly NOT go away, that's not only my point, but you have witnessed it here on this very thread! I've never been anything other than serious about this issue. What is you principle on making accusations Pov? Remind me. In this country the accuser is..., no? I don't enjoy it, and in fact I have the balls to call it out by name, something you have lacked, and is why I'm relying to you now. Let me make an accusation of my own, you enjoy it Pov, and in fact you were enjoying Kesh trolling before the Qatar thread. Its why you never spoke up. Since then a few members have spoke up, specifically telling Kesh to "grow up", and Danski pointing out specifically Barry Machine and Kesh, regarding the double standards employed by those instigating and relentlessly participating in flame wars. Your name is missing Pov.

Pov, this thread was moving along nicely until Kesh started a flurry of trolling-reaction posts, go back and look, start with post #616. It's Kesh trolling-reacting until post #622. Your advice is to 'ignore' it and it will go away? Ya'll were 'ignoring" it for many threads 'before' I spoke up, guess what, it did not go away. There's a name for your strategy, it's called 'appeasement.' It's a term made famous because it spectacularly fails.

Scroll up to post #616, you'll see how Kesh destroyed this threads. It's gone now, and there is ONE person to blame, KESHAV.

I should also point out, IamPony said he would 'ignore' participating, which he hasn't, I could easily point this out, but if this is his "new" strategy, then essentially he has 'pledged' going forward to disengage the trolling-reaction cycle. Take a moment to examine Theo's contribution arguing that this is not the message of IamPony's post. No wonder Kesh can troll, even when others say they've had enough (which we shall see) others like Theo argue against any commitment to stop participating in the trolling-reaction cycle.

How is this so easily missed? We don't need to sift through pages upon pages, or threads upon threads to examine what's happened here. Start with post #616. Kesh has a flurry of trolling reactions, ever increasingly unhinged I should add, at that point the thread is blown up.

Appeasement is a failed strategy.

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
RCV600RR and bigsparrows like this.

Last edited by Jumkie; May 9th, 2018 at 08:22 AM.
Jumkie is offline  
May 9th, 2018, 07:51 AM   #664
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,725
Likes: 3980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
I don't see how he has, he's just said I'll ignore it, not "I take the no troll pledge"
First of all, I'm asking a question. Notice the "?".

I wrote it in this way to both ask a question and make a point. Which you missed, but I'll explain below.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
I don't give a sh!t, anymore. I am just going to work around you guys and talk about racing.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
So you're taking KESHAV'S NO TROLL PLEDGE?
"I am just going to work around..." means he will 'ignore' these flaming war/trolling interactions. He is making a commitment to ignore it. He is pledging to ignore it. That is the message of Keshav's non-trolling pledge. Theo, if you want to argue that's not what IamPony meant, that's fine, but let's be clear, I was making an inquiry to him so that there can be no doubt, not that his own words were very ambiguous. Which was the point of my "question."

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
Jumkie is offline  
May 9th, 2018, 08:12 AM   #665
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,291
Likes: 1316

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
It will certainly NOT go away, that's not only my point, but you have witnessed it here on this very thread!

Pov, this thread was moving along nicely until Kesh started a flurry of trolling-reaction posts, go back and look, start with post #616. It's Kesh trolling-reacting until post #622. Your advice is to 'ignore' it and it will go away? Ya'll were 'ignoring" it for many threads 'before' I spoke up, guess what, it did not go away. There's a name for your strategy, it's called 'appeasement.' It's a term made famous because it spectacularly fails.

Scroll up to post #616, you'll see how Kesh destroyed this threads. It's gone now, and there is ONE person to blame, KESHAV.

I should also point out, IamPony said he would 'ignore' participating, which he hasn't, I could easily point this out, but if this is his "new" strategy, then essentially he has 'pledged' going forward to disengage the trolling-reaction cycle. Take a moment to examine Theo's contribution arguing that this is not the message of IamPony's post. No wonder Kesh can troll, even when others say they've had enough (which we shall see) others like Theo argue against any commitment to stop participating in the trolling-reaction cycle.

How is this so easily missed? We don't need to sift through pages upon pages, or threads upon threads to examine what's happened here. Start with post #616. Kesh has a flurry of trolling reactions, ever increasingly unhinged I should add, at that point the thread is blown up.

Appeasement is a failed strategy.

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
Type type type. Type type typeity type!
Keshav is offline  
May 9th, 2018, 08:16 AM   #666
Member
 
bigsparrows's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: USA

Posts: 79
Likes: 18

I Ride: Anyone willing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Type type type. Type type typeity type!
kancer kancer kancer. kancer kancer kancitykancer kancer!
bigsparrows is offline  
May 9th, 2018, 08:58 AM   #667
Senior Member
 
Iamapony's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Santa Cruz, Cal

Posts: 594
Likes: 219

I Ride: BMW, Honda, and another Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
There was never any dispute as to Ben being supported by Yamaha (he had a Yamaha contract, after all). My point was that he wasn't getting what JL and VR got.


Rossi and JL actually had already signed for the factory team at that point. Unless you have evidence that Fiat Yamaha wanted a three rider team with Ben, I understood it to be a forward-looking rule (prompted by Ben's entry to the premier class). I'll withdraw my point for Ben if you can demonstrate that Fiat Yamaha was going to expand to a three rider effort for 2010.


Can you provide the link? I recall that he had factory help, but I didn't know he had the same gear as Casey and Dani (I'm not sure how Dovi was treated in 2011 at Repsol).
I will find 'public' information concerning Ben's bike, but I will wait till I can break up the idiotic trolling, here.

It was EASY to find the information concerning Marco. By the way, if you come ride with me on the street, you might see me in a Marco Simoncelli memorial helmet. I wear different helmets on the track. (Miss ya', Supersic.)

MCN Supersic signing.

Quote:
Marco Simoncelli has agreed a new contract with Fausto Gresini's Honda squad and he will retain his factory rider status with HRC in 2012.

The controversial Italian, who has scored just one podium finish in a turbulent 2011 campaign, will get equal technical support to factory Honda duo Casey Stoner and Dani Pedrosa in the inaugural 1000cc world championship.
Attached Thumbnails
-simoncelli-gana-250cc-avatar.jpg  
RCV600RR likes this.
Iamapony is offline  
May 9th, 2018, 09:57 AM   #668
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,368
Likes: 402

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
I will find 'public' information concerning Ben's bike, but I will wait till I can break up the idiotic trolling, here.

It was EASY to find the information concerning Marco. By the way, if you come ride with me on the street, you might see me in a Marco Simoncelli memorial helmet. I wear different helmets on the track. (Miss ya', Supersic.)

MCN Supersic signing.
Thanks - the wording is clear that MS' treatment was equal to the Repsol boys. Curious to see the Spies piece when you have a moment. Cheers.
Jumkie likes this.
RCV600RR is offline  
May 9th, 2018, 12:30 PM   #669
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,725
Likes: 3980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
I haven't put Jumcakes on ignore. Why? The other guys are just on autopilot and nothing anybody says affects them because they're all so psychopathically disconnected. Jummy-buttons however goes nuts just by virtue of the fact that I'm still here. As long as he continues to run his lie factory - I will continue to mock him. When he finally shuts up I will stop replying.
I have never been other than serious with you Kesh. I don't take anything said here lightly when it comes to this situation, I value my reputation. You have very effectively fabricated the narrative that if JK, Mdub, Synn, Rog, big sparrows (insert boogyman here__) has ever bothered you that therefore Jumkie is your enemy. It has worked in some cases, I'm still rather miffed that Iampony, whom I've not had any substantial interaction with would take your side on the use of a racial slur, then declare his refusal to read my post for the explanation, and skip to conclude based on "logic" that since he has never heard of it, therefore its not real.

My word is bond because I know it has consequences for relationships. There is a reason I'm so adamant about offering friends everything I have to give, I've been privy through example that it can some day even save a life.


You say you've put others on ignore, except you continue to troll them, on this very thread, directly and indirectly, reacting with increasing anger, high-fiving those that engage favorably to your flame war (go no further than this page) and continue to destroy threads. This one is now gone thanks to you.

I will not accept the enabling you get from a lack of courage to call you out by name characterizing this as a 'feud', you are the perpetrator of conflict, nobody needs to go back as far as the start of the season, just scroll up to see how this thread was derailed in post #616 by YOU.

You insist on making wild accusations which is exactly how we got here! This is the crux of your provocations! You instigated by making paranoid accusations as to the identity of Yama San, Synn, Rog, and now BigSparrows (not before making your loaded attacks of course, never miss an opportunity for provocation); you were spectacularly wrong, even after respected members corrected you. Noteworthy it should be said, you are undeterred still insisting on employing irrational suspicion and cynicism, I conclude you do this purposefully! If not me, listen to MikeM regarding the upheaval such foolish speculation creates. Though it serves you well to do so, provocation is useful to you. You gain plenty of mileage from provocations Kesh, even a fascinating social dynamic that makes you feel supported.

Now again, you insist in making the same provocations, you refuse to learn from your 'mistakes' (assuming they are mistakes and not done purposefully, which is increasingly evident). I've challenged you to keep your word, and to add gravity to this challenge, I propose putting our participation in this forum on the line. I'm aware that no one can be forced off this forum, all that is being asked of you is to stop instigating flame wars, to put your word on it with consequence, not just with me, but with others. Take your own pledge instead of stating as you have above that you intend to continue trolling and flame warring.

Honor your non-trolling stop feeding the troll pledge. I am just another troll according to you Why should I get special treatment? Honor your pledge then and stop the trolling-reacting cycle and stop responding to me. Its your pledge, honor it.
Jumkie is offline  
May 9th, 2018, 01:59 PM   #670
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,527
Likes: 668

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
What Bombay Jared means by “Putting on ignore” is that he is too chickenshit to reply directly and will resort to his trademark passive aggressive indirect responses.

Probably got the kurry scared out of him after his buttbuddy pie boy decided to throw in the towel.
synn is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2017, bull, espana, gran, premio, red



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Round 4: Gran Premio Red Bull de España 2017 JPSLotus MotoGP 288 May 19th, 2017 06:52 AM
Motogp: 2016 Round 4 Gran Premio Red Bull de España Motokitty MotoGP 509 April 30th, 2016 02:53 PM
Gran Premio bwin de España Practice and Qualifying povol MotoGP 38 May 13th, 2014 09:39 PM
Gran Premio Red Bull de la República Argentina povol MotoGP 71 April 30th, 2014 05:33 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.