MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree402Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
May 6th, 2018, 05:58 PM   #501
Senior Member
 
Barbedwirebikerr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: FNQ

Posts: 637
Likes: 450

I Ride: DRZ400E
Because all on track incidents must be caused by Marquez.

Dovizioso and Pedrosa were still stuck behind Lorenzo and battling each other as they desperately attempted not to lose touch with the leader. Marquez was not lending any helping hands as he extended his lead to two seconds with 10 laps to go. Lorenzo looked like easy prey behind him but the wolves could not get close enough and the story ended one lap later as the trio tangled in an odd incident which, in a shocking twist, did not involve Marc Marquez. Dovizioso overtook Lorenzo, taking both Ducatis wide and then tangling with Pedrosa as they were getting back on line, filling the litter box with three unhappy riders.
Barbedwirebikerr is online now  
 
May 6th, 2018, 06:05 PM   #502
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,324
Likes: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr View Post
Because all on track incidents must be caused by Marquez.

Dovizioso and Pedrosa were still stuck behind Lorenzo and battling each other as they desperately attempted not to lose touch with the leader. Marquez was not lending any helping hands as he extended his lead to two seconds with 10 laps to go. Lorenzo looked like easy prey behind him but the wolves could not get close enough and the story ended one lap later as the trio tangled in an odd incident which, in a shocking twist, did not involve Marc Marquez. Dovizioso overtook Lorenzo, taking both Ducatis wide and then tangling with Pedrosa as they were getting back on line, filling the litter box with three unhappy riders.
Even though everyone says no one was at fault, I think Dovizioso was. He set off the entire chain of events with his attempt at standing on the brakes as late as he could and forcing both bikes off line. Pedrosa found himself in the wrong spot at the wrong time unfortunately while being on the racing line and unable to see anything as he was fully leaned over. Mind you there was nothing malicious in the entire event, but it all started with Dovizioso's ambition outweighing his talent under braking. He was desperate to get past Lorenzo...too desperate I think.
#22, libby, p4p1 and 2 others like this.
JPSLotus is offline  
May 6th, 2018, 06:06 PM   #503
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Quebec

Posts: 233
Likes: 71

I Ride: RZ500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Yeah but his guy pwns your guy. Matter of fact many othets pwn rossi atm.
So according your logic Rossi owned Biaggi, Barros, Criville, Capirossi, Abe most 10-15 years older at the time and many others in the early 2000's when he won 30 of 45 races. The more you post the more you make yourself look like racist idiot.
paparazzo is offline  
May 6th, 2018, 06:36 PM   #504
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,382
Likes: 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by paparazzo View Post
So according your logic Rossi owned Biaggi, Barros, Criville, Capirossi, Abe most 10-15 years older at the time and many others in the early 2000's when he won 30 of 45 races. The more you post the more you make yourself look like racist idiot.
Yes he did own those guys, some of whom were significantly older than him. Your point is ?.

No-one is forcing Valentino to race at age 39. If he was riding for the pure love of it as I believed him to be doing in 2013 I would find that admirable as I did then.

The whole issue is that he still has influence far beyond his current status as a rider and is not at all reluctant to use same, to the detriment of yet another generation of riders, including a rider in MM who might actually be better than he ever was.
michaelm is offline  
May 6th, 2018, 06:40 PM   #505
Senior Member
 
Barbedwirebikerr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: FNQ

Posts: 637
Likes: 450

I Ride: DRZ400E
GPOne.

Whose fault was it... the variables depending on your alliances..
On the incident of the 18th lap at turn 6 between Dovizioso, Lorenzo and Pedrosa it was obviously unleashed the ruckus of everyone against everyone. But really how did it go?

The dynamic, in fact, was quite simple : Dovizioso tried the deep break to pass Lorenzo and he did it, but going long. Lorenzo was also a little long, in order to cross the trajectory. At that point Jorge looked for the rope and closed inside just when Pedrosa arrived and the omelette came out.

After looking at and covering the incident, here is the idea we have made.

Dovizioso wrong to try to pass at all costs Lorenzo. He did not have to do it, though maybe he was a little faster than Jorge. He would have to wait, knowing that the Spaniard had soft rubber and would be forced to slow down. He created the crossroads: it's his fault .

Lorenzo was wrong, given the results achieved so far would have to pass Dovizioso and behave like a good second driver. On the contrary, he should have let it pass a few laps before and maybe even a little bit of a stopper at Pedrosa, one that in the last laps is always insidious. Then despite being in front and having the right to the trajectory closed on Dani: it's his fault.

Pedrosa is wrong: you can not be so unlucky as to always be in the right place at the wrong time. And then, being behind should have seen Lorenzo, even if, in the fold on the right, small as it is, probably had not enough visibility. It's his fault.

Marquez: he should not have gone so fast , forcing rivals to try and put salt on his tail. It would have been better to stay behind all three, so we would have also enjoyed a more interesting race. As? Do you say that Marc has nothing to do with it? Then you did not read what I wrote: it is clear that it is his fault.

The fault lies with Zarco. It was he who permanently occupied the fifth position. In doing so he put pressure on those three in front. Today being surpassed by a Yamaha is a shred of license. It's his fault. The thing can also be seen this way: you need at least one Yamaha on the podium, Ezpeleta decided, but they could not let everyone fall until Valentino. Gombloddo!

The fault is also the Ducati: it is known as Claudio Domenicali , CEO of Borgo Panigale, is holding Dovizioso on the wheel, refusing to reconfirm immediately with the same engagement of 25 million euros Jorge Lorenzo. From this a growing nervousness of his two pilots running against each other and with the contell between their teeth. It is clear that it is all his fault.

Eventually the Race Direction, however, has declassified the incident from attempted manslaughter in 'race accident'. But how did Austin not say they were supersevers?

OK, I regret to admit it, and you do not know how much, but this time the Race Direction is right!
Barbedwirebikerr is online now  
May 6th, 2018, 06:43 PM   #506
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: New Zealand

Posts: 665
Likes: 259

I Ride: An R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
Even though everyone says no one was at fault, I think Dovizioso was. He set off the entire chain of events with his attempt at standing on the brakes as late as he could and forcing both bikes off line. Pedrosa found himself in the wrong spot at the wrong time unfortunately while being on the racing line and unable to see anything as he was fully leaned over. Mind you there was nothing malicious in the entire event, but it all started with Dovizioso's ambition outweighing his talent under braking. He was desperate to get past Lorenzo...too desperate I think.
Yeah i have to agree,the so called king of the late brakers simply out braked himself and set the whole chain of events in motion,if you listen to the post race interviews he seems to admit a small mistake but mainly blame the other two and even Lorenzo's pit board,he bit off more than he could chew and now he's whining,this must be an Italian thing that he gets from somewhere??..
JPSLotus and p4p1 like this.
pyeman is offline  
May 6th, 2018, 06:55 PM   #507
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Quebec

Posts: 233
Likes: 71

I Ride: RZ500
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Yes he did own those guys, some of whom were significantly older than him. Your point is ?.

No-one is forcing Valentino to race at age 39. If he was riding for the pure love of it as I believed him to be doing in 2013 I would find that admirable as I did then.

The whole issue is that he still has influence far beyond his current status as a rider and is not at all reluctant to use same, to the detriment of yet another generation of riders, including a rider in MM who might actually be better than he ever was.
You are delusional and make me laugh. I want the stuff your smoking.

The influence you claim VR has is the same delusions all invent from this forum and this forum only. It must be your form of hurt control to convince yourselfs 100+ wins and 9 titles were all obtained by cheating and influencing. Those are the facts, not what some old angry man says on faceless forum. And you call yourself objective? You are full of it.
iNfRaSoNiC likes this.
paparazzo is offline  
May 6th, 2018, 07:04 PM   #508
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,382
Likes: 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyeman View Post
Yeah i have to agree,the so called king of the late brakers simply out braked himself and set the whole chain of events in motion,if you listen to the post race interviews he seems to admit a small mistake but mainly blame the other two and even Lorenzo's pit board,he bit off more than he could chew and now he's whining,this must be an Italian thing that he gets from somewhere??..
Yes the semi-joking GP one article is the only mention I have seen that Dovi should have waited, as was widely required post-race of MM at Argentina, or that Lorenzo was in front and entitled to choose his line as was widely said of Rossi at Argentina.

The irony of the ever reliable Migs contending that in a hypothetical situation with Rossi in the Lorenzo role we biased haters would have blamed Rossi while himself by implication blaming Lorenzo was acute.
michaelm is offline  
May 6th, 2018, 07:21 PM   #509
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,382
Likes: 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by paparazzo View Post
You are delusional and make me laugh. I want the stuff your smoking.

The influence you claim VR has is the same delusions all invent from this forum and this forum only. It must be your form of hurt control to convince yourselfs 100+ wins and 9 titles were all obtained by cheating and influencing. Those are the facts, not what some old angry man says on faceless forum. And you call yourself objective? You are full of it.
Nothing like a straw man when you don’t have an argument. And when have I ever called myself objective?. I am an opinionated fan like everyone else, just rather better at presenting arguments in favour of my opinion than some posters are, you for instance

Unlike you I mostly consider the implications of what I post. I have never slighted Rossi’s past record, I have never said anything other than that he fully earned and deserved all those titles and wins.

I spoke of his current status as a rider; he is not the same rider he was at age 25, and it is my opinion only that MM at 25 might be better than Rossi was when he was 25; I did use the word “might” as I have again.(EDIT I see you bolded this in my previous post; the actual “facts” are that MM has 6 titles at age 25, more I believe than Rossi at the same age, and against not very arguably better quality opposition; since you brought it up in your previous post Max and Sete were 8 and 7 years older than Valentino respectively and neither was a premier class champion ever).

I don’t smoke anything and never have, apart from the occasional cigar with a port, and not even one of those for several decades. And it is very clear what colour kool-aid you are drinking if you think Rossi doesn’t have influence beyond his current status as a rider, which is pretty much a 4th or 5th place finisher unless circumstances go his way. What are the chances of Danilo Petrucci summoning Uncle Carmelo to his trailer for a private meeting or of the rules being changed because Petrucci calls another rider reckless and dangerous, or of him getting Michelin to re-visit a previously rejected tire and them then bringing that tire all the way from Clermont Ferrand to the Americas for testing without the knowledge of the other riders?.

Last edited by michaelm; May 6th, 2018 at 08:38 PM.
michaelm is offline  
May 6th, 2018, 07:25 PM   #510
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: New Zealand

Posts: 665
Likes: 259

I Ride: An R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by paparazzo View Post
You are delusional and make me laugh. I want the stuff your smoking.

The influence you claim VR has is the same delusions all invent from this forum and this forum only. It must be your form of hurt control to convince yourselfs 100+ wins and 9 titles were all obtained by cheating and influencing. Those are the facts, not what some old angry man says on faceless forum. And you call yourself objective? You are full of it.
Nobody's taking anything away from his wins and titles,i've watched him since he raced 125's,i even used to like the guy,but even a Rossi fan such as you must accept he has way more influence than anyone else in the sport due mainly to him being the world's most popular,hence influential rider..
pyeman is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2017, bull, espana, gran, premio, red



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Round 4: Gran Premio Red Bull de España 2017 JPSLotus MotoGP 288 May 19th, 2017 06:52 AM
Motogp: 2016 Round 4 Gran Premio Red Bull de España Motokitty MotoGP 509 April 30th, 2016 02:53 PM
Gran Premio bwin de España Practice and Qualifying povol MotoGP 38 May 13th, 2014 09:39 PM
Gran Premio Red Bull de la República Argentina povol MotoGP 71 April 30th, 2014 05:33 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.