MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree33Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
May 7th, 2018, 03:08 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 732
Likes: 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
Thats about my timeline as well. Never was a Rossi fan or a hater as you knew the script, struggle on Friday, dont take to many risks on Saturday and depend on the SNS's to make you a hero come Sunday. The boppers bought into the narrative of '' me and Jeremy found something overnight" and the legend kept growing. They never figured out or wondered why a guy with so many wins had so few poles. You had to laugh when you heard them explain how he was a bad qualifier but was worth 3- tenths come race time. Never once did it occur to them that what they found arrived in a delivery truck. Even when he punted Gibernau i didnt lose any sleep because i didnt like Gibernau and most of you will remember i called him Gravelplow. I really started disliking his fans first after they raked Nicky over the coals for having the nerve to win a title and the following year after Casey wiped the floor with him is when i realized we were dealing with a sociopath. Rossi liked Nicky and never personally disparaged him for winning the title as he saw it as an anomaly, but he never came to Nicky's defense either. You saw the real Rossi after Stoner kicked his ass as he realized this cat was for real and it has been him and his fans denigrating every rider since then that has beaten him.


Hack oxley & kracpothinking and the rest of media folks back then called that SAND BAGGING........
BarryMachine likes this.
evo9 is offline  
 
May 7th, 2018, 06:38 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,267
Likes: 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnd View Post
It's good that you guys have a support group on this forum. i never knew it was so bad for you. The trauma. I think Rossi fucked your mother, sister, and wife with all the crying.

I'd like to hear more stories of when you guys first started hating Rossi. lol.
It is good you have a support group yourself given your boy hasn't won a title since 2009. Disparaging the riders who have won the last 8 titles would seem to be all you guys have left to comfort you.
michaelm is offline  
May 7th, 2018, 06:53 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,267
Likes: 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
Thats about my timeline as well. Never was a Rossi fan or a hater as you knew the script, struggle on Friday, dont take to many risks on Saturday and depend on the SNS's to make you a hero come Sunday. The boppers bought into the narrative of '' me and Jeremy found something overnight" and the legend kept growing. They never figured out or wondered why a guy with so many wins had so few poles. You had to laugh when you heard them explain how he was a bad qualifier but was worth 3- tenths come race time. Never once did it occur to them that what they found arrived in a delivery truck. Even when he punted Gibernau i didnt lose any sleep because i didnt like Gibernau and most of you will remember i called him Gravelplow. I really started disliking his fans first after they raked Nicky over the coals for having the nerve to win a title and the following year after Casey wiped the floor with him is when i realized we were dealing with a sociopath. Rossi liked Nicky and never personally disparaged him for winning the title as he saw it as an anomaly, but he never came to Nicky's defense either. You saw the real Rossi after Stoner kicked his ass as he realized this cat was for real and it has been him and his fans denigrating every rider since then that has beaten him.
I am not so big on the SNS tire thing, Michelin have played favorites going back to Rainey's day and beyond, and I think the tyres/tires probably also suited Max and others. What I did take issue with was Rossi and the nascent Valeban complaining about Stoner having a tire advantage, his tire being the product of years of labor/collaborative hard work between Bridgestone and Ducati starting from well behind Michelin, in the face of Rossi having been Michelin's preferred rider when they were the only competitive tire during his entire consecutive title run.

Otherwise you, I and Jumkie come from the same place, annoyed by the discrediting of the title win by Hayden, whom I myself had followed in the AMA superbikes, which as you say because it was dismissed as an anomaly didn't reach the depths of the vilification of Stoner which formed my attitude to the Valeban. I didn't blame Rossi at the time, only an element among his fans, but it has since become crystal clear he is no innocent bystander but in fact the ringleader.

Last edited by michaelm; May 7th, 2018 at 09:26 PM.
michaelm is offline  
May 7th, 2018, 09:35 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,329
Likes: 1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I am not so big on the SNS tire thing, Michelin have played favorites going back to Rainey's day and beyond, and I think the tyres probably also suited Max and others. What I did take issue with was Rossi and the nascent Valeban complaining about Stoner having a tire advantage, his tire being the product of years of labor/collaborative hard work between Bridgestone and Ducati starting from well behind Michelin, in the face of Rossi having been Michelin's preferred rider when they were the only competitive tire during his entire consecutive title run.

Otherwise you, I and Jumkie come from the same place, annoyed by the discrediting of the title win by Hayden, whom I myself had followed in the AMA superbikes, which as you say because it was dismissed as an anomaly didn't reach the depths of the vilification of Stoner which formed my attitude to the Valeban. I didn't blame Rossi at the time, only an element among his fans, but it has since become crystal clear he is no innocent bystander but in fact the ringleader.
As someone who has followed this sport as long as you have , itís strange to me that you discount a distinct tire advantage knowing how critical they are to winning and losing. Just because a handful of riders got them doesnít mean a handful of riders got their preference in sidewall construction. The data was taken from Burgess for Rossiís bike so he not only got the perfect compounds for the race, he got the tire construction he desired (hard sidewall)as well. Thatís a huge advantage when other riders may prefer a softer sidewall. Having the perfect rubber for the race was better than the shit out of the back of the truck that may have been 2 months old and the other riders gladly took them, but Rossi got a double benefit of the perfect rubber and construction.
povol is offline  
May 7th, 2018, 09:58 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,267
Likes: 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
As someone who has followed this sport as long as you have , it’s strange to me that you discount a distinct tire advantage knowing how critical they are to winning and losing. Just because a handful of riders got them doesn’t mean a handful of riders got their preference in sidewall construction. The data was taken from Burgess for Rossi’s bike so he not only got the perfect compounds for the race, he got the tire construction he desired (hard sidewall)as well. That’s a huge advantage when other riders may prefer a softer sidewall. Having the perfect rubber for the race was better than the shit out of the back of the truck that may have been 2 months old and the other riders gladly took them, but Rossi got a double benefit of the perfect rubber and construction.
Sure, it was an advantage, but the same advantage his predecessors as the top rider had and not outright corruption imo, as it was what Michelin had always done, or at least for a minimum of a decade prior to him anyway. Perhaps Michelin had it down to a finer art by his time, I don’t really know. I do recall talk that he was unhappy Michelin were no longer entirely focused on him and catering for Honda as well in 2006, and if I underestimate the impact of the SNS tires the same was true of virtually everyone including Rossi back then; I also recall rumours he was actually consulted on the decision to abolish them

He also did always do well at PI, until Stoner anyway, and there were no overnight vans from Clermont-Ferrand there.
danski likes this.
michaelm is offline  
May 13th, 2018, 08:29 AM   #36
Member
 
Repsol 93's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: SoCal

Posts: 39
Likes: 16

I Ride: 2008 CBR1000RR and 1995 CR500
Repsol 93 is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
marc, marquez, tshirt



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I like Marc Marquez Holypuck MotoGP 38 April 29th, 2018 04:35 AM
marc marquez goat46 MotoGP Social 6 April 21st, 2018 02:56 PM
A Marquez gets another year with Marc VDS povol Moto2 11 November 12th, 2017 06:52 AM
Is Marc Marquez over-rated? cannibal MotoGP 17 February 6th, 2013 03:54 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.