MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree27Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
May 17th, 2018, 11:12 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,732
Likes: 699

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
And I am sure the 2 year thing was discussed in the back room meetings.
Lin Jarvis publicly said they are prepared to field more than 4 bikes on the grid and more than 2 factory spec ones if the situation called for it.
synn is offline  
 
May 17th, 2018, 11:25 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Northern Italy

Posts: 465
Likes: 392

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McZee View Post
But let's be honest, if you had to base your decision on results, the satellite Yam' is doing pretty good. (I would put some wink emoji in here, but unfortunately I am too manly).
Wink.

Yes, that bike is doing well, but I reckon it's mostly because of Zarco's right wrist.

I would never choose Yamaha, knowing that after 2 years I will have to leave the brand because Rossi's team will obviosuly have priority.

Plus Yamaha would be choosing VDS only as a back up plan since Tech3 went with KTM, whereas Suzuki has stated that they want a satellite Team to fully support for a long period of time in order to make their bike development quicker and more efficient.

To me, it's not even debatable.
McZee likes this.
Holypuck is offline  
May 17th, 2018, 11:25 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,543
Likes: 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
And I am sure the 2 year thing was discussed in the back room meetings.
Lin Jarvis publicly said they are prepared to field more than 4 bikes on the grid and more than 2 factory spec ones if the situation called for it.
but didn't want to commit to it when Tech 3, a team that has been working with them for 20 years wanted some kind of commitment.
p4p1 is offline  
May 17th, 2018, 11:26 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 377
Likes: 209

Whilst the Suzuki still has concessions it is not a bad choice, but it's also a hell of a risk given that they will go away at some point. The last time they lost their concessions the Suzuki really didn't go well. Although Rins was out for a lot of that season.

It does go to show what a bag of nails the satellite Hondas are though.
McZee is offline  
May 17th, 2018, 11:27 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Northern Italy

Posts: 465
Likes: 392

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
And I am sure the 2 year thing was discussed in the back room meetings.
Lin Jarvis publicly said they are prepared to field more than 4 bikes on the grid and more than 2 factory spec ones if the situation called for it.

It is very hard for a manufacturer to support one satellite team, and it is almost impossible to support in a decent way a second satellite Team. VDS, again, is a perfect example of that.

There's no need to turn around it: their bikes are shit

Last edited by Holypuck; May 18th, 2018 at 02:36 AM.
Holypuck is offline  
May 17th, 2018, 11:28 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,543
Likes: 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by McZee View Post
Whilst the Suzuki still has concessions it is not a bad choice, but it's also a hell of a risk given that they will go away at some point. The last time they lost their concessions the Suzuki really didn't go well. Although Rins was out for a lot of that season.

It does go to show what a bag of nails the satellite Hondas are though.
Suzuki lost them with Iannones podium in Jerez
McZee likes this.
p4p1 is offline  
May 17th, 2018, 11:29 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 377
Likes: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
Yes, that bike is doing well, but I reckon it's mostly because of Zarco's right wrist.

I would never choose Yamaha, knowing that after 2 years I will have to leave the brand because Rossi's team will obviosuly have priority.

Plus Yamaha would be choosing VDS only as a back up plan since Tech3 went with KTM, whereas Suzuki has stated that they want a satellite Team to fully support for a long period of time in order to make their bike development quicker and more efficient.

To me, it's not even debatable.
Both you and P4P raise a good point, fella. I am thinking about it from a bike performance view. Whereas as a team manager, support, logistics and the subsequent longevity of both are major contributing factors.
McZee is offline  
May 17th, 2018, 11:31 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 377
Likes: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
Suzuki lost them with Iannones podium in Jerez
Cheers, mate. I didn't know that. So do the relevant rule changes kick in straight away?
McZee is offline  
May 17th, 2018, 11:36 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,408
Likes: 965

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
Suzuki lost them with Iannones podium in Jerez
Thats pretty rough really. Especially if they want to attract new manufacurers in.

I'd have thought it would be fairer all around if it was only reviewed at the end of each season. Sure they risk a manufacturer sandbagging late in one season then winning with concessions the next year ..... but thatd keep their interest there.
p4p1 likes this.
BarryMachine is offline  
May 17th, 2018, 11:45 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Northern Italy

Posts: 465
Likes: 392

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McZee View Post
Cheers, mate. I didn't know that. So do the relevant rule changes kick in straight away?

Nope, it will start from 2019 I think.

@everyone, correct me if I'm wrong
Holypuck is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
suzuki, vds, yamaha



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Suzuki p4p1 MotoGP 9 October 26th, 2016 03:57 PM
Suzuki Gone Bunyip MotoGP 39 December 2nd, 2011 01:30 PM
Is Suzuki Really That Bad? lil red rocket pilot MotoGP 24 August 16th, 2011 11:25 PM
Suzuki on the way up... Jumkie MotoGP 9 January 24th, 2008 06:18 PM
2008 Yamaha and Suzuki MotoGP bikes tested at Motegi valentinorossi MotoGP 20 September 28th, 2007 10:52 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.