MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree206Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 25th, 2018, 04:00 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Southport England

Posts: 1,133
Likes: 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Incredibly brave I would have thought if he seeks to make some sort of living from the sport.
He's been reporting on Grand Prix racing since the days of Sheene and Roberts, he's probably forgotten more about GP racing than most people know.
Gaz likes this.
AntG is offline  
 
April 25th, 2018, 04:21 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 9,941
Likes: 1821

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntG View Post
He's been reporting on Grand Prix racing since the days of Sheene and Roberts, he's probably forgotten more about GP racing than most people know.
Sure, I confess to some embarrassment at not being fully aware of his stature, or of where he was along his career path. I tend not to read books about the sport, expecting most of the biographies to be puff pieces. I would guess he is not contemplating another Valentino biography anytime soon though.
michaelm is offline  
April 25th, 2018, 05:08 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,114
Likes: 2376

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Sure, I confess to some embarrassment at not being fully aware of his stature, or of where he was along his career path. I tend not to read books about the sport, expecting most of the biographies to be puff pieces. I would guess he is not contemplating another Valentino biography anytime soon though.
Scott is the only journalist that I'm aware of who saw Rossi for what he really is years ago. While the rest of the sycophants line up to do whatever they can for Rossi, he's never gotten involved in that shit show.
The Burning Barber likes this.
JPSLotus is offline  
April 25th, 2018, 05:25 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,119
Likes: 272

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
You proved it already in the other topic about motomutters when you had the gall to say Marquez was slowing Rossi down at Sepang '15 which was you talking completely out of your ass.
You had the opportunity to address my points and retreated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
You keep bringing up Espargaro and ignore that Espargaro had no problem with the contact. He did with Petrucci. That puts one down. You think it was dangerous, Espargaro did not have any complaints so you whining about it is laughable.
You make it too easy because you can't help making up 'alternative facts' to suit your unshakeable narrative. He didn't say MM did nothing wrong. He acknowledged that MM did something wrong, but that Petrucci's contact was worse.

"He [Marquez] hit me very, very hard. But Petrucci did exactly the same to me, in Turn 2. The same or even harder." - Aleix Espargaro

"Then things got worse with the collisions with Marquez and Petrucci who, quite frankly, took some avoidable risks." - Aleix Espargaro

" Il grande errore stato con Aleix" - Marc Marquez (The big mistake I made was with Aleix).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
That leaves Nakagami who he squeezed by but did nothing we haven't seen a thousand times over the years.
That pass was fine. The Syahrin and Rabat passes weren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
That leaves the Rossi incident which was overblown as he was ahead of Rossi and Rossi didn't want to back off like he should have.
Marquez acknowledged his own error.

I hope you're enjoying your free education. Read MichaelM's posts if you want to see how one makes an intelligent argument criticising Rossi.
danski and synn like this.
RCV600RR is offline  
April 25th, 2018, 05:51 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,019
Likes: 1231

I Ride: DRZ400sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
Why waste so many words when you could just post a picture of some little girl crying to show me how youre feeling right now?
Have to say that is one of the most amusing things about you, the way you consistently project (always missing the target) all your worst attributes and failings onto everyone around you.

You delude yourself into thinking you've in any way impinged on the happiness of others, because you're the kind of backwards neanderthal throw-back who vainly tries to shore himself up by trying (and failing) to drag others down to your level.

The whole salty tears thing - is so ludicrously funny in that it's you and other boppers who come here to whinge and tear your hair from your head because there are others who don't respect Ross wah wah wah People don't believe (and rightly so) that Rossi will ever obtain that holy grail. wah wah wah

If you really had confidence that Rossi was a great as you say, you wouldn't need to brag on it and evangelize here. It's that same nagging doubt at the bottom of the soul that makes idiots stand on street corners professing the greatness of _______ take your choice.

There's absolutely nothing for you to gain by all this. You can't change anybody's mind and you can't make anybody as miserable as you are. Your efforts here are less than negligible. All your threats are toothless. Your insults - are feeble cliches we remember from kindergarten days.

You're just another mentally unstable twat lashing out at people who are demonstrably better off, more educated and above all, easily capable of being happy in a world without Rossi.
Keshav is offline  
April 25th, 2018, 05:53 AM   #56
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,026
Likes: 338

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Have to say that is one of the most amusing things about you, the way you consistently project (always missing the target) all your worst attributes and failings onto everyone around you.

You delude yourself into thinking you've in any way impinged on the happiness of others, because you're the kind of backwards neanderthal throw-back who vainly tries to shore himself up by trying (and failing) to drag others down to your level.

The whole salty tears thing - is so ludicrously funny in that it's you and other boppers who come here to whinge and tear your hair from your head because there are others who don't respect Ross wah wah wah People don't believe (and rightly so) that Rossi will ever obtain that holy grail. wah wah wah

If you really had confidence that Rossi was a great as you say, you wouldn't need to brag on it and evangelize here. It's that same nagging doubt at the bottom of the soul that makes idiots stand on street corners professing the greatness of _______ take your choice.

There's absolutely nothing for you to gain by all this. You can't change anybody's mind and you can't make anybody as miserable as you are. Your efforts here are less than negligible. All your threats are toothless. Your insults - are feeble cliches we remember from kindergarten days.

You're just another mentally unstable twat lashing out at people who are demonstrably better off, more educated and above all, easily capable of being happy in a world without Rossi.
Booked your tickets yet?
synn is offline  
April 25th, 2018, 06:08 AM   #57
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,019
Likes: 1231

I Ride: DRZ400sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
Booked your tickets yet?
Taken your Thorazine yet?
Keshav is offline  
April 25th, 2018, 06:16 AM   #58
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,026
Likes: 338

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Chickenshit chickenshitting yet again!!!
synn is offline  
April 25th, 2018, 06:24 AM   #59
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,114
Likes: 2376

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
You had the opportunity to address my points and retreated.
I haven't retreated from anything.



Quote:
You make it too easy because you can't help making up 'alternative facts' to suit your unshakeable narrative. He didn't say MM did nothing wrong. He acknowledged that MM did something wrong, but that Petrucci's contact was worse.

"He [Marquez] hit me very, very hard. But Petrucci did exactly the same to me, in Turn 2. The same or even harder." - Aleix Espargaro

"Then things got worse with the collisions with Marquez and Petrucci who, quite frankly, took some avoidable risks." - Aleix Espargaro

" Il grande errore stato con Aleix" - Marc Marquez (The big mistake I made was with Aleix).
[/quote]

And he dropped back 2 places after the contact with Aleix. I'll grant you he shouldn't have gone for the overtake at the spot he did.

But why do you not have a problem with Petrucci's dangerous riding, something that was complained about during the rider's meeting, where it was mentioned Petrucci has constantly been involved in incidents. You only have a problem with Marquez. I expect to see you calling out every rider you deem to have engaged in dangerous riding between now and Valencia since you're on such a kick with dangerous riding.




Quote:
That pass was fine. The Syahrin and Rabat passes weren't.
In your opinion the Syahrin pass wasn't fine. MM had the inside line, Syahrin got stood up, a routine move in GP racing. Did not see the Rabat pass as they never showed it on the broadcast.


Quote:
Marquez acknowledged his own error.

I hope you're enjoying your free education. Read MichaelM's posts if you want to see how one makes an intelligent argument criticising Rossi.
Do you know why Marquez acknowledged his own error, same reason he didn't discuss anything at his Austin press conference. Minimize and control it so nothing gets added to the fire that was stoked by Rossi. No different from his approach post-Sepang. He'll do the talking on the track. BTW if you will recall, Jack Miller went off in the exact same spot Marquez's front tire slipped which is what cost him the race.

Free education? Lose the snark. I stated grand prix motorcycle racing has always seen what you deem dangerous riding, and far worse than anything in Argentina. Argentina was a blip on the radar compared to various incidents over the years. Many which were not able to be picked up on TV. It's never been a gentleman's sport.

As Jumkie said to you:

Quote:
The problem I see is that you've applied a double premise of the double standard variety. For LS08 you start off with the notion of honesty, for Sebang15 you start off with the notion of guilt.
I'd go as far to say that you have a different set of rules for MM that you arbitrarily apply while minimizing anything done by a rider not named Marc Marquez.
JPSLotus is offline  
April 25th, 2018, 06:50 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,170
Likes: 857

I Ride: Many
Pidgeon! .... ??

Or Austin?
BarryMachine is online now  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
michael, oasis, scott, sea, sht



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scott gets an RC213V MigsAngel MotoGP 1 September 17th, 2014 08:06 PM
Scott Redding WTF? roscoe MotoGP 11 May 16th, 2014 04:39 AM
Scott Russell DaddiiKong World Superbike 0 March 12th, 2011 06:30 AM
Onboard with the great Scott R1 SF Petrolheads 0 December 16th, 2008 01:39 AM
Scott Speed fasteddy Motorsports 15 July 31st, 2007 01:21 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.