MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree207Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 25th, 2018, 01:32 PM   #101
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,460
Likes: 436

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
Let’s leave the dramatic over exaggerations to the journalists and stick to the topic buddy. Do the riders as a whole agree Marquez is reckless, dangerous, unsafe? I don’t know myself, as you pointed out I can’t read their minds, yet from statements in the press no rider other than Rossi is calling for action specifically on Marquez. Maybe they should follow motogp tradition and have a vote?
It is incontrovertible that Stoner took Sete out in 2006 and that the serious injury caused Sete to conclude that he had enough. I don't wish to call Stoner a dangerous rider (because he's not), but that was a big and serious mistake. Let's call a spade a spade.

Last edited by RCV600RR; April 25th, 2018 at 01:36 PM.
RCV600RR is offline  
 
April 25th, 2018, 01:48 PM   #102
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,408
Likes: 260

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
Very good article. I agree with most of it, but not the rather absurd conclusion that "Marc should be left to ride as he does". He needs to rein his behavior in. The clashes with Espargaro, Syahrin or Rossi could've been very serious.
Your comments really show your lack of understanding anything about racing, every overtake whether at the top end of sport or as an amateur has its inherent risk. The fact remains that if someone doesn't want you to pass its easy to stop them.
For example lets pretend you ride a motorcycle and you come to a junction (lets call it a T junction) its rush hour traffic and you are thinking of getting home, you leave a 2 foot gap at that junction and another bike comes and fills the gap, what would you do?
Theo is offline  
April 25th, 2018, 01:51 PM   #103
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,408
Likes: 260

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
There's you with your hypocritical double standards.

No mention of the Petrucci incident which Espargaro said was far worse.
With all due respect Asparagus shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a race track when others are riding.
Theo is offline  
April 25th, 2018, 01:51 PM   #104
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,460
Likes: 436

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Your comments really show your lack of understanding anything about racing, every overtake whether at the top end of sport or as an amateur has its inherent risk. The fact remains that if someone doesn't want you to pass its easy to stop them.
For example lets pretend you ride a motorcycle and you come to a junction (lets call it a T junction) its rush hour traffic and you are thinking of getting home, you leave a 2 foot gap at that junction and another bike comes and fills the gap, what would you do?
I've raced national level supersport and finished top 15. How about you, Theo?
RCV600RR is offline  
April 25th, 2018, 01:57 PM   #105
Senior Member
 
birdman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
From: Dont Know

Posts: 1,402
Likes: 809

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
It is incontrovertible that Stoner took Sete out in 2006 and that the serious injury caused Sete to conclude that he had enough. I don't wish to call Stoner a dangerous rider (because he's not), but that was a big and serious mistake.
I thought you were taking the high road? Did he crash into Sete attempting a pass causing serious injuries and ending his career? To my recollection he highsided and his bike subsequently took out Sete. Your statement would therefore be the equivalent as to attempt to claim Simoncelliís injuries were caused by Rossi. To my way of thinking Rossi was no more in control of the situation than Stoner. I do t know why you have tried to move the discussion in this direction tbh. How does anything Stoner did relate to Marquez? Like you said itís not something to joke about and Iím not joking. Iím interested in how you came to your conclusion regarding the Stoner crash causing injuring to Sete and ending his career. How does it relate? Serial crashers need to be penalised?
birdman is offline  
April 25th, 2018, 02:01 PM   #106
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,408
Likes: 260

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Houseslides "ARE" initiated with the rear brake. Arent they?
Do you mean rear end slides?
Theo is offline  
April 25th, 2018, 02:04 PM   #107
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,460
Likes: 436

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
I thought you were taking the high road? Did he crash into Sete attempting a pass causing serious injuries and ending his career? To my recollection he highsided and his bike subsequently took out Sete. Your statement would therefore be the equivalent as to attempt to claim Simoncelliís injuries were caused by Rossi. To my way of thinking Rossi was no more in control of the situation than Stoner. I do t know why you have tried to move the discussion in this direction tbh. How does anything Stoner did relate to Marquez? Like you said itís not something to joke about and Iím not joking. Iím interested in how you came to your conclusion regarding the Stoner crash causing injuring to Sete and ending his career. How does it relate? Serial crashers need to be penalised?
You need to read page nine again. You're badly confused.
RCV600RR is offline  
April 25th, 2018, 02:15 PM   #108
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,408
Likes: 260

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
I was only referring to the vitriol that you lots show towards Rossi. The article had none of it. Move along now, isn't it bingo time in the retirement house?
So why does it worry you if some of us loathe Rossi's guts. I'll tell you for a fact that if I ever saw Rossi again I'd give him something to consider and that doesn't include violence which I think you prefer from the safety of a computer keyboard. Tell you what, put up a picture of yourself on here and I might consider coming to Misano to see what you're made of.
Theo is offline  
April 25th, 2018, 02:29 PM   #109
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: New Zealand

Posts: 830
Likes: 298

I Ride: An R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
So why does it worry you if some of us loathe Rossi's guts. I'll tell you for a fact that if I ever saw Rossi again I'd give him something to consider and that doesn't include violence which I think you prefer from the safety of a computer keyboard. Tell you what, put up a picture of yourself on here and I might consider coming to Misano to see what you're made of.
We could have a forum meet up and slap synn day..could be a lot of fun,he'd better ask his mum if he can go first though.
pyeman is offline  
April 25th, 2018, 02:30 PM   #110
Senior Member
 
Little Walter's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Stratosphere

Posts: 688
Likes: 283

I Ride: Whatever I can steal
Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
I bet he knows that thereís a race at Misano this year though.
I bet he can't find it on a map.
Little Walter is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
michael, oasis, scott, sea, sht



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scott gets an RC213V MigsAngel MotoGP 1 September 17th, 2014 08:06 PM
Scott Redding WTF? roscoe MotoGP 11 May 16th, 2014 04:39 AM
Scott Russell DaddiiKong World Superbike 0 March 12th, 2011 06:30 AM
Onboard with the great Scott R1 SF Petrolheads 0 December 16th, 2008 01:39 AM
Scott Speed fasteddy Motorsports 15 July 31st, 2007 01:21 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.