MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree84Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 15th, 2018, 04:51 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Acadiana

Posts: 136
Likes: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Probably not a good idea to actually copy what Rossi fans have done.
I fail to understand this statement. Did Rossi fans demand his retirement?

Possible consequences of such a petition.
Yamaha will realize their "hero" may be attracting some buyers, but same time he is alienating others. 1 - 1 = 0. They are paying money for nothing.
Then they may get rid of him.
New talent can step up.
We get rid of a manipulative jerk.

I'd write this petition myself, but unlike William Shakespeare who had 230,000 words in his vocabulary I do not. English is fifth language for me. A native English speaker could do much better job, methinks.
BarryMachine likes this.
Segfault is offline  
 
April 15th, 2018, 05:11 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,587
Likes: 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
I fail to understand this statement. Did Rossi fans demand his retirement?

Possible consequences of such a petition.
Yamaha will realize their "hero" may be attracting some buyers, but same time he is alienating others. 1 - 1 = 0. They are paying money for nothing.
Then they may get rid of him.
New talent can step up.
We get rid of a manipulative jerk.

I'd write this petition myself, but unlike William Shakespeare who had 230,000 words in his vocabulary I do not. English is fifth language for me. A native English speaker could do much better job, methinks.
I think your sentiment is fine, and your English is fine as well.

My problem is with having been of the belief the pro-Rossi petition post Sepang 2015 was rather lame, so I don't really feel I can support a different one in regard to a sporting matter just because it is more along the lines of my personal opinion.
michaelm is online now  
April 15th, 2018, 03:50 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,434
Likes: 977

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I think your sentiment is fine, and your English is fine as well.

My problem is with having been of the belief the pro-Rossi petition post Sepang 2015 was rather lame, so I don't really feel I can support a different one in regard to a sporting matter just because it is more along the lines of my personal opinion.
Agree on the petition thing. Its like the Westminster system of law ..... keep the masses happy ..... not what is fact. Its like lynching. Id prefer everybody to have, and understand, the facts.
BarryMachine is offline  
April 15th, 2018, 05:12 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,587
Likes: 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Agree on the petition thing. Its like the Westminster system of law ..... keep the masses happy ..... not what is fact. Its like lynching. Id prefer everybody to have, and understand, the facts.
The other issue is that petitions etc make things into a popularity contest, and Rossi wins hands down in a popularity contest, rather the problem for those of us with a dissenting view.

There is a long history of the popular view being incorrect however, and people having fixed views impervious to argument is repeatedly demonstrated by our visiting Rossi fans. There does seem to be some semblance of a counter narrative out there now though, even on places like Crashnet.

And yes Synn, I realise you would see my view as similarly fixed, but I at least realise my opinion is just that, and am prepared to present arguments in defense of my position.
BarryMachine and Theo like this.

Last edited by michaelm; April 15th, 2018 at 05:15 PM.
michaelm is online now  
April 15th, 2018, 05:55 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,434
Likes: 977

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
The other issue is that petitions etc make things into a popularity contest, and Rossi wins hands down in a popularity contest, rather the problem for those of us with a dissenting view.

There is a long history of the popular view being incorrect however, and people having fixed views impervious to argument is repeatedly demonstrated by our visiting Rossi fans. There does seem to be some semblance of a counter narrative out there now though, even on places like Crashnet.

And yes Synn, I realise you would see my view as similarly fixed, but I at least realise my opinion is just that, and am prepared to present arguments in defense of my position.
Yes thats it.
BarryMachine is offline  
April 15th, 2018, 06:52 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,726
Likes: 3980

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
Hi Jeremy. .
I don’t think the Yamaha is shit, though I do agree Rossi's influence has developed in the wrong direction. I don't subscribe to the narrative thats it's in shambles, frankly I think the machine is far better than its given credit, I suspect it's an overarching team dynamic with personnel, Rossi and his entourage, sucking out the oxygen that is impeding the project. In terms of technical parity, I rate the factory Yamaha as the 2nd best package on the grid right now, full stop. I'd argue the real problem is 'dissonance' related to power politics in the racing organization (ironically for the fork tuning brand there is a lack of harmony). Consider that they have an excellent rider in Zarco; but if not capriciously, certainly perniciously the situation is self-defeating not to support him with a factory bike. Particularly now that their results are inconsistent. Tech3 is gone, and as you heard Hervey say of his move to KTM, factory support was the reason he moved on, that my friend is all the indictment you need to know about Yamaha's support for its satellite outfit.

In terms of technical development, the good thing is Viñalez has buffered the free fall, given his input at Suzuki was praised by Davide. There is, we can say with certainty, a power struggle in terms of technical direction. How did Rossi smugly put it? Oh yeah, Viñalez doesn't know how the Yamaha is supposed to be. Fuck me, and this guy demands absolutely respect? How's that for a condescending backhand to a factory rider in his own right. I know the GP universe revolves around Rossi, and it may seem a bit redundant to say this situation is related to his influence, but let's point out a few dots and see if we can't connect them: Rossi is at Yamaha because of his massive influence (thanks Carmelo Clause) being a factory rider with Yamaha solved a pocketbook issue, NOT because realistically we're talking about him challenging Honda, their main rival whist Marquez is contracted, Viñalez posted a viable threat to start last year, that threat has been all but neutralized (let's imagine a world where Rossi was bested by his teammate all year, not exactly the way you want it to look around contract time when your TV rights deals depend on it, thanks Michelin, Carmelo Clause thanks you, Zarco has annoyed Rossi, particularly because he doesn't show Rossi the respect we're all supposed to show him, is this not the ultimate underlying issue with his disgust against Marquez? Dots, now connect. Rossi is ruthless, and it's not outside the real possibility of him sabotaging (by impossible expectations) the project by his unbending demand that everyone at Yamaha is his subject.

But I'm going to use your post to interject a dig if you don't mind. And here it goes: if Rossi really did need the M1 to be fixed...he could easily find someone to do it in 80 secs.

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
michaelm and Theo like this.

Last edited by Jumkie; April 15th, 2018 at 07:11 PM.
Jumkie is offline  
April 15th, 2018, 08:32 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,434
Likes: 977

I Ride: Many
I think the point is .... theres nothing wrong with the Yamaha that getting rid of rossi couldnt fix.
evo9 likes this.
BarryMachine is offline  
April 15th, 2018, 11:57 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,756
Likes: 713

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
**opens new thread **
**sees that virgin mouth breather convention #38363 is undeway**
**goes somewhere else**
synn is offline  
April 16th, 2018, 12:37 AM   #19
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,682
Likes: 2073

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
But I'm going to use your post to interject a dig if you don't mind. And here it goes: if Rossi really did need the M1 to be fixed...he could easily find someone to do it in 80 secs.
I believe that JB has changed his mobile number.

Apparently he was getting nuisance calls that sounded like people sobbing so he had the number changed
Theo likes this.
Gaz is offline  
April 16th, 2018, 02:50 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 377
Likes: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
**opens new thread **
**sees that virgin mouth breather convention #38363 is undeway**
**goes somewhere else**
Genuine question, Synn and I am not trying to illicit a reaction, but what do you think Yamaha should do?
Clearly the bike was working a treat for Mav' early last year and the same 'early setup' works for Zarco so why not return to that as a base for the factory boys?
McZee is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
great, make, yamaha



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HRC & Yamaha teaming up to make bike for rossi evo9 Motorcycles 1 October 6th, 2016 05:18 AM
Would the introduction of a seamless gearbox to the Yamaha make them unbeatable? Big Jorge MotoGP 201 September 29th, 2013 02:13 AM
For Sale: "It's Been A Great Race" Book - Valentino Rossi's 7 years with Yamaha Yamaman Classifieds 6 October 23rd, 2011 05:20 AM
let's make it up as we go.... lad MotoGP 3 May 1st, 2010 09:18 AM
What do you make of this povol MotoGP 25 July 15th, 2008 07:17 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.