MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree157Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 14th, 2018, 01:23 AM   #31
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,683
Likes: 2074

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyeman View Post
I think it's a given that history played a part,they were told to shake hands and stop the public fighting but the feud has simmered on,Rossi wouldn't yield a line to Marquez if he was running as a backmarker 5 seconds a lap down
But being fair, it is not up to Rossi to yield if he is not shown a blue, and even then he has time to yield before any other action.

Likewise, there is no way that Marquez would yield for Rossi either as in Marc's eyes, Rossi is a genuine threat to his race and I suspect in other terms (likewise Marc is to Rossi)
Keshav, moto vudu and ermananis like this.
Gaz is offline  
 
April 14th, 2018, 01:31 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: New Zealand

Posts: 830
Likes: 298

I Ride: An R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
But being fair, it is not up to Rossi to yield if he is not shown a blue, and even then he has time to yield before any other action.

Likewise, there is no way that Marquez would yield for Rossi either as in Marc's eyes, Rossi is a genuine threat to his race and I suspect in other terms (likewise Marc is to Rossi)
Totally agree
pyeman is offline  
April 14th, 2018, 01:59 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,436
Likes: 978

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
But being fair, it is not up to Rossi to yield if he is not shown a blue, and even then he has time to yield before any other action.

Likewise, there is no way that Marquez would yield for Rossi either as in Marc's eyes, Rossi is a genuine threat to his race and I suspect in other terms (likewise Marc is to Rossi)
Thats kinda why I was a bit perplexed when he left the door open heading for that corner.
BarryMachine is offline  
April 14th, 2018, 02:08 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,614
Likes: 2128

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
Ahahaha. Kevin Schwantz Just schooled Marquez and the mouth breathers here are of course losing their shit over it.

I guess you only want to listen to former world champs when they talk against Rossi.

This is all way too hilarious.
Projection is an interesting psychological phenomenon.


Hardly surprising a Rossi fan of your ilk would also be a virginal nerd though.
Keshav likes this.
michaelm is offline  
April 14th, 2018, 02:13 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,614
Likes: 2128

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyeman View Post
Totally agree
Sure, MM could have waited for the next straight or even the next corner when Rossi would have been in no position to dispute him in any way.

I, unsurprisingly, see parallels with the Jerez 2011 thing, or to a lesser extent the Simoncelli/Pedrosa 2011 thing, the back story was probably more influential than the actual situation in the race.

Last edited by michaelm; April 14th, 2018 at 03:02 AM.
michaelm is offline  
April 14th, 2018, 02:17 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Southport England

Posts: 1,337
Likes: 641

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
Ahahaha. Kevin Schwantz Just schooled Marquez and the mouth breathers here are of course losing their shit over it.

I guess you only want to listen to former world champs when they talk against Rossi.

This is all way too hilarious.
I think it depends on what they come out with, in this instance I agree with him. Yet when he pretended to know more about Stoners body than Stoner himself did a few years ago I didn't agree.

Then again being an ex-champion doesn't make you an oracle on all things racing, it's just an opinion and everyone has one don't they? Racer's journalists, fans, officials, pundits(well apart from Steve Parrish).
danski and synn like this.
AntG is offline  
April 14th, 2018, 02:47 AM   #37
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,683
Likes: 2074

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Thats kinda why I was a bit perplexed when he left the door open heading for that corner.

I suspect that he did not leave the door open at all Baz but simply had nfi that Marquez was as close as he was given that I doubt his team would have been providing 'live' updates so to speak and that Rossi is not a rider to consistently look backwards.

Basically as I see it - Rossi took his standard line as he did not expect another rider to be there as he had not been told/advised (his pit board of that lap would have been interesting in as much as +2 etc)
Gaz is offline  
April 14th, 2018, 02:49 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,436
Likes: 978

I Ride: Many
Could explain it. The line change was pretty ignorant.
BarryMachine is offline  
April 14th, 2018, 02:52 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
moto vudu's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Texas

Posts: 1,729
Likes: 737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
I suspect that he did not leave the door open at all Baz but simply had nfi that Marquez was as close as he was given that I doubt his team would have been providing 'live' updates so to speak and that Rossi is not a rider to consistently look backwards.

Basically as I see it - Rossi took his standard line as he did not expect another rider to be there as he had not been told/advised (his pit board of that lap would have been interesting in as much as +2 etc)
Exactly. When Rossi was committing to the corner there was no way he could've known Marc was close enough to attempt an overtake so he took the standard racing line.

It would've been in Rossi's best interest to continue taking the normal racing line and hope to catch Vinales than taking a defensive line to block Marquez for one corner.
ermananis likes this.
moto vudu is offline  
April 14th, 2018, 02:52 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
moto vudu's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Texas

Posts: 1,729
Likes: 737

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Could explain it. The line change was pretty ignorant.
Rossi never changed his line until Marquez made contact.
ermananis likes this.
moto vudu is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
comments, mm or vr, schwantz



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lorenzos Dad - Simoncelli Comments rickyduck MotoGP 152 November 2nd, 2011 08:07 AM
Rossi comments on 2011 Ducati rumours projectmorf MotoGP 2 September 8th, 2009 02:46 AM
Corser's comments about Gp Riders in WSBK The Doctor World Superbike 33 January 29th, 2006 05:22 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.