MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree19Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 11th, 2018, 12:31 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Little Walter's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Stratosphere

Posts: 675
Likes: 277

I Ride: Whatever I can steal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
What's his worth then?

If there's a Moto2 hotshot who looks like he might really be something will race for 2 million, then what is Lorenzo worth.

Lorenzo might really be something on a Suzuki. But, then again, he was supposed to be really something on a Ducati. He wasn't supposed to lose the championship to a rookie Marquez. He should be able to ride any fucking bike with wheels to better than last place (or whatever is was) no matter what the weather is.

He's got a lot of baggage.

I'd take my chances with a young guy if I had to sign the cheque.
Well hello sailor!
Attached Thumbnails
Lorenzo rumoured to Suzuki ..... it could work.-20702114.jpg  
Little Walter is offline  
 
April 11th, 2018, 12:33 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Little Walter's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Stratosphere

Posts: 675
Likes: 277

I Ride: Whatever I can steal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
Actually, MV led Yamaha down the wrong direction with the 17 M1. He ultimately reversed direction and is now following Rossi's direction (by going towards the 15 frame concept).
Interesting if true. Link please.
Little Walter is offline  
April 11th, 2018, 12:49 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Canada

Posts: 291
Likes: 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
Well hello sailor!
I knew I shouldn't have typed that.
MadMax is offline  
April 11th, 2018, 01:19 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,676
Likes: 683

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Again, entirely predictable. When you have no logic or evidence-based retort - you resort to deflecting and pettifogging with irrelevancies and tiny-tot insults, because like all boppers (and I stand on the shoulders of giants when I say this) you are a condescending tit of the highest order
The only thing predictable is you making posts about not responding to me and then dancing without fail when I play the music.

Dance monkey, dance!
synn is offline  
April 11th, 2018, 02:32 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: New Zealand

Posts: 795
Likes: 284

I Ride: An R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
How about he's been awesome every year of his career other than on a Ducati?

Suzuki should be thanking their lucky stars to have a rider of his caliber.
I'm sure Ducati are really pleased how awesome he was until he signed for them, as they pay him around 12 million euros a year to play backmarker..
pyeman is offline  
April 11th, 2018, 03:28 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,378
Likes: 1575

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
What's his worth then?

If there's a Moto2 hotshot who looks like he might really be something will race for 2 million, then what is Lorenzo worth.

Lorenzo might really be something on a Suzuki. But, then again, he was supposed to be really something on a Ducati. He wasn't supposed to lose the championship to a rookie Marquez. He should be able to ride any fucking bike with wheels to better than last place (or whatever is was) no matter what the weather is.

He's got a lot of baggage.

I'd take my chances with a young guy if I had to sign the cheque.

Hardly anyone here thought Lorenzo would flourish on the Ducati and were right. He has to have a bike that s on rails with huge corner speed as his main weapon and the Ducati has never been that bike. Marquez would reek havoc on the current Ducati but the current Honda is even better. He doesn’t have much to show for it but the 18 Honda has been awesome. It has no real weakness. Its very good corner entry, very good mid corner speed, good to very good drive and good top end. If they could squeeze a few more mph out of it without hurting the balance it would be close to the perfect race bike or as close as you can get to being perfect as they are always a shitty unstable platform.
povol is offline  
April 11th, 2018, 04:38 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Canada

Posts: 291
Likes: 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
Hardly anyone here thought Lorenzo would flourish on the Ducati and were right.
I had high hopes after his first practice.
MadMax is offline  
April 11th, 2018, 05:07 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Acadiana

Posts: 103
Likes: 40

Ducati claimed another victim

This was after testing in 2017.
Segfault is offline  
April 11th, 2018, 06:23 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,376
Likes: 954

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
Actually, MV led Yamaha down the wrong direction with the 17 M1. He ultimately reversed direction and is now following Rossi's direction (by going towards the 15 frame concept).
So you are saying the reason the Yamaha is so bad is because rossi is now developing it.


Make up your minds fruitcakes.

You do realise Yamaha are doing the worst they have in years dont you.

Though Id say its rossis fault.
JPSLotus likes this.
BarryMachine is offline  
April 12th, 2018, 11:50 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,410
Likes: 419

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyeman View Post
I'm sure Ducati are really pleased how awesome he was until he signed for them, as they pay him around 12 million euros a year to play backmarker..
He's shite on the Duke.
RCV600RR is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
lorenzo, rumoured, suzuki, work



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lorenzo to Suzuki! McKneZ MotoGP 12 October 1st, 2010 07:08 PM
Work day at Yamaha Jumkie MotoGP 29 July 4th, 2009 03:15 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.