MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree103Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 10th, 2018, 02:20 AM   #81
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: Scotland

Posts: 163
Likes: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
UPDATE: Alex Rins just re-signed with Suzuki for the 2019 and 2020 seasons.
Got to be chuffed for Rins this week! In fact, a sterling performance from the top 4 made for a really exciting race, regardless of the other stuff going on.

Kudos to all in the top 4.
Mick D, Theo and Barbedwirebikerr like this.
Furiosa is offline  
 
April 23rd, 2018, 12:14 AM   #82
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Northern Italy

Posts: 465
Likes: 391

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Rumor has it, during the Austin weekend Zarco has signed a deal with factory KTM for the 2019 and 2020 seasons. He'll be taking Smith's seat.

You heard it here first folks
Holypuck is offline  
April 23rd, 2018, 12:27 AM   #83
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,732
Likes: 699

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
Rumor has it, during the Austin weekend Zarco has signed a deal with factory KTM for the 2019 and 2020 seasons. He'll be taking Smith's seat.

You heard it here first folks
He must be desperate for money if he turns down race winning seats for a KTM seat.

He is making the Bradl mistake, if this is true.
RCV600RR likes this.
synn is offline  
April 23rd, 2018, 12:54 AM   #84
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: New Zealand

Posts: 830
Likes: 298

I Ride: An R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
Rumor has it, during the Austin weekend Zarco has signed a deal with factory KTM for the 2019 and 2020 seasons. He'll be taking Smith's seat.

You heard it here first folks
Rumour has it,during the Mugello weekend synn will meet and rip out the spines of any of his detractors.He'll be taking Uccio's seat.
Keshav and Theo like this.
pyeman is offline  
April 23rd, 2018, 12:54 AM   #85
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Northern Italy

Posts: 465
Likes: 391

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
He must be desperate for money if he turns down race winning seats for a KTM seat.

He is making the Bradl mistake, if this is true.

That was also my initial thought, but I reckon 3 things must be taken into account:

1) He might not have had many other options. Ducati openly stated to be "uninterested" in him, Yamaha has proven to have never been interested in him, Suzuki is approaching Lorenzo and has already confirmed Rins, Honda well...it's never really been in their policy to put two primadonnas together, am I right? Zarco has said many times that his goal was to be in a factory Team, whatever the bike would have been.

2) He might want to join a Team/Brand that is investing a lot of resources in him. He might want to be the Team's number 1 rider after being treated quite poorly by Yamaha.

3) We yet have to see what KTM's full potential is. KTM has to see it as well themselves, and a top rider (cause that's what Zarco is) might help showing it. They got the resources (I mean the money) to invest. They might turn out to be better than they've looked so far.

All of this are just my 2 cents of course.

Last edited by Holypuck; April 23rd, 2018 at 12:57 AM.
Holypuck is offline  
April 23rd, 2018, 01:08 AM   #86
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,732
Likes: 699

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
I have no doubt that KTm-Zarco will win races in 18-24 months, but the question is, can a competitive rider like him be patient until that happens?

I personally would like to see Zarco win races ASAP. Been too long since we saw the somersault!

p.s. I don't think Yamaha treated him "Poorly". He is a satellite rider, not a factory one. And he has been given better equipment than what Tech 3 riders have traditionally received (Upgraded engine, 2018 aero, choice of frames. Do you think Bradley Smith and Pol Espergaro were asked which year frame they would prefer to use)?
RCV600RR likes this.

Last edited by synn; April 23rd, 2018 at 01:11 AM.
synn is offline  
April 23rd, 2018, 04:19 AM   #87
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,653
Likes: 2041

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
He must be desperate for money if he turns down race winning seats for a KTM seat.

He is making the Bradl mistake, if this is true.

Reports were.

Suzuki - he is pissed that they signed Rins over him when he had an in principle agreement.

Honda - showed little interest as they want a Pedrosa type for Marquez (ie. a backup not a challenger)

Yamaha - he is said to be pissed that he is not getting a 2018 bike this season and is having to do with 'second rate gear'.

Aprilia - well, enough said but he wanted something decent.

Ducati - apparently he showed no interest and reports were that they also showed no interest

KTM - Red Bull $
Keshav, war10ckjupi and Holypuck like this.
Gaz is offline  
April 23rd, 2018, 04:21 AM   #88
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,653
Likes: 2041

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
I have no doubt that KTm-Zarco will win races in 18-24 months, but the question is, can a competitive rider like him be patient until that happens?

I personally would like to see Zarco win races ASAP. Been too long since we saw the somersault!
May sound silly, but the longer you go without winning, the harder winning becomes as not winning becomes a habit.

Zarco has had chances in MotoGP to date and has just not been able to put that finishing touch on things. IMO, while there have been a number of reasons, he needs to get that sorted asap.
RCV600RR and synn like this.
Gaz is offline  
April 23rd, 2018, 04:53 AM   #89
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,543
Likes: 584

Smith and Espagaro didn't get any upgrades because they underperformed on the bike so badly that tech 3 nearly lost its monster sponsorship. Everything Yamaha has given him this year he has more than earnt it.

One thing I've often wondered about Zarco trying the 2017 chassis is, which version did he try out? There was 3 of them. The one Vinales used to dominate the start of the season on and then the other two. I doubt he ever tried the first and most successful version of the 2017 chassis.

Anyway as others have pointed out if the rumour is true it could be down to lack of options rather than making a real choice. Ducati were never interested, we don't know how far the Lorenzo to Suzuki talks have gone + he is understandably upset with them, Yamaha isn't an option either and Honda probably don't want their two riders beating each other up every round and/or might feel that like Ducati Zarcos smooth riding style won't suit the RCV. Which really only leaves KTM.
#22 likes this.
p4p1 is online now  
April 23rd, 2018, 06:07 AM   #90
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,732
Likes: 699

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
Smith and Espagaro didn't get any upgrades because they underperformed on the bike so badly that tech 3 nearly lost its monster sponsorship. Everything Yamaha has given him this year he has more than earnt it.

One thing I've often wondered about Zarco trying the 2017 chassis is, which version did he try out? There was 3 of them. The one Vinales used to dominate the start of the season on and then the other two. I doubt he ever tried the first and most successful version of the 2017 chassis.

Anyway as others have pointed out if the rumour is true it could be down to lack of options rather than making a real choice. Ducati were never interested, we don't know how far the Lorenzo to Suzuki talks have gone + he is understandably upset with them, Yamaha isn't an option either and Honda probably don't want their two riders beating each other up every round and/or might feel that like Ducati Zarcos smooth riding style won't suit the RCV. Which really only leaves KTM.
Vinales went back on his initial feedback and said that the first chassis was flawed (Rossi's original feedback) and later determined that his good feeling was more due to a stiffer setup.

As far as I know, all three riders tested the final iteration of the 2017 chassis, which was the closest they came to a fix. Zarco tested it and at first said it felt great (Like Vinales), then went right back to the 2015-16 chassis he was successful on.
synn is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
predictions, zarco



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Predictions statman New Users 2 April 2nd, 2017 02:39 AM
Johann Zarco pyeman MotoGP 29 June 5th, 2016 02:04 PM
Tech 3 to consider Rins and Zarco for 2017 season JPSLotus MotoGP 8 February 29th, 2016 01:25 AM
Zarco celebrates Gaz Moto2 4 January 22nd, 2016 01:52 AM
Zarco 2015 WC. Dr No Moto2 6 October 10th, 2015 08:57 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.