MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree103Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 28th, 2018, 06:18 AM   #161
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,177
Likes: 1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
That's actually a possibility every single time Marc takes the track. I cringe at every crash because I still painfully aware what can happen on some unsuspecting day in a totally unsuspecting crash. Marc's crash rate is only matched and often surpassed by Crutchlow. That's a lot of crashing, and a lot of bullet dodging I'm afraid.

That's exactly what Rossi is banking on, that Marc will get injured (I'm not saying he hopes, but at this stage in his rage, I wouldn't doubt it). It's practically as I've said often, a 1:3 proposition for VR to win. There are 4.5 bikes that can reasonably win the title, the question for me is always, who cannot win the championship. Zarco on a RCV factory works bike and team would have been 1:4 chance from the git go.

On KTM, the chances are 5000 to 1.





...

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
Not something I should have raised I guess, but while MM has had massive crashes in the past, he doesn't so much now, and seems to know what he is doing when exploring the limits in practice.
michaelm is online now  
 
April 28th, 2018, 06:23 AM   #162
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,723
Likes: 3967

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Not something I should have raised I guess, but while MM has had massive crashes in the past, he doesn't so much now, and seems to know what he is doing when exploring the limits in practice.
This is decidedly the minority opinion. You'd think he's been on a murder spree from what I've been reading on the Internet machine the world over.

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
JPSLotus likes this.
Jumkie is offline  
April 28th, 2018, 07:27 AM   #163
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,181
Likes: 2472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
That's actually a possibility every single time Marc takes the track. I cringe at every crash because I still painfully aware what can happen on some unsuspecting day in a totally unsuspecting crash. Marc's crash rate is only matched and often surpassed by Crutchlow. That's a lot of crashing, and a lot of bullet dodging I'm afraid.

That's exactly what Rossi is banking on, that Marc will get injured (I'm not saying he hopes, but at this stage in his rage, I wouldn't doubt it). It's practically as I've said often, a 1:3 proposition for VR to win. There are 4.5 bikes that can reasonably win the title, the question for me is always, who cannot win the championship. Zarco on a RCV factory works bike and team would have been 1:4 chance from the git go.

On KTM, the chances are 5000 to 1.





...

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
I have a theory that MM pushes the Michelin front over the limit in the FP sessions to test the consistency of the tire. His crashes are all lowsides for the most part save that Silverstone high side last year. Since everyone else is not going to risk going down, it gives him an advantage with knowing where and what to look for on any given race weekend with the Michelin front, which was an absolute shit tire from the get go. I also don't believe their tires are consistent weekend to weekend as a way to try and mix things up if possible. So that leaves him spending FP sessions pushing to the edge of adhesion, or over it just to see what Michelin has brought that weekend.

Agree with the odds of Zarco ever winning on the KTM. He probably has a nice fat paycheck coming, but it tells you everything about his real desire to win. He's soft in my book because no one who wants to win would pass up a 1:4 chance on a factory RCV. Sure he'll be better than what they have currently, but he will be fighting for 7th or 8th at best. The RCV would have put him right at the front where a win would have been inevitable. If the midget can reel off a win or two a year on a bike not suited for his size, imagine Zarco riding it? Sure it's MM's team as it should be. He's won 4 of the last 5 world titles, he's earned the team being on his side. Zarco hasn't won shit. Go out there and prove it and you will get the one side of the garage working harder for you.
Keshav, Theo and Furiosa like this.
JPSLotus is offline  
April 28th, 2018, 03:22 PM   #164
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,723
Likes: 3967

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
I have a theory that MM pushes the Michelin front over the limit in the FP sessions to test the consistency of the tire. ....

Agree with the odds of Zarco ever winning on the KTM. ....
That's a hell of a strategy, and a highly risky one. I donít disagree that he's pushing the limit during practice, but that's playing Russian Roulette.

Zarco was like a guy at the bar, with the prospect of going home with a fine chick or a fat ugly chick. The fine chick wanted his keys, credit card, and a percentage of all future earnings, because we'll she's fine. The fat one promised endless daily blow jobs, because well, she's fat and ugly.


If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
teeth1198 likes this.
Jumkie is offline  
April 28th, 2018, 03:35 PM   #165
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,181
Likes: 2472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
That's a hell of a strategy, and a highly risky one. I donít disagree that he's pushing the limit during practice, but that's playing Russian Roulette.

Zarco was like a guy at the bar, with the prospect of going home with a fine chick or a fat ugly chick. The fine chick wanted his keys, credit card, and a percentage of all future earnings, because we'll she's fine. The fat one promised endless daily blow jobs, because well, she's fat and ugly.


If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
He seems to know how to fall properly, not saying shit can't go wrong, but it's as if he minimizes the risk of going down. His crash at COTA, he went right on his back to prevent any tumbling. The only crash that I think did a little damage was the Silverstone high side as he looked to be hurting somewhat from that. But all that being said, he can ride on a limit no one else can and I believe that's what pushing the bike to crash is all about. He crashes with purpose. Cuntslow crashes because he is a fucking moron.

Hahahaha I like that Zarco analogy. It's perfect. I think that's literally going to go down as one of the stupidest moves in recent history besides Lorenzo going to Ducati, albeit he was running from the cancer on the other side of the garage.
Furiosa likes this.
JPSLotus is offline  
April 28th, 2018, 04:34 PM   #166
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,723
Likes: 3967

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
He seems to know how to fall properly, not saying shit can't go wrong, but it's as if he minimizes the risk of going down. His crash at COTA, he went right on his back to prevent any tumbling. The only crash that I think did a little damage was the Silverstone high side as he looked to be hurting somewhat from that. But all that being said, he can ride on a limit no one else can and I believe that's what pushing the bike to crash is all about. He crashes with purpose. Cuntslow crashes because he is a fucking moron.

Hahahaha I like that Zarco analogy. It's perfect. I think that's literally going to go down as one of the stupidest moves in recent history besides Lorenzo going to Ducati, albeit he was running from the cancer on the other side of the garage.
Agree with first part, though regarding Zarco, I really would like to know the difference in money on the table.

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
Mick D likes this.
Jumkie is offline  
April 28th, 2018, 08:02 PM   #167
Senior Member
 
Barbedwirebikerr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: FNQ

Posts: 608
Likes: 433

I Ride: DRZ400E
So reading these last two pages I'm assuming Zarco signed for KTM? Correct? I haven't read any official releases stating so.
Barbedwirebikerr is online now  
April 28th, 2018, 08:04 PM   #168
Senior Member
 
Barbedwirebikerr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: FNQ

Posts: 608
Likes: 433

I Ride: DRZ400E
Found it. I hope he does well, but can only think he's just signed his way out of a potential title.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...-2019-1029476/
Barbedwirebikerr is online now  
April 28th, 2018, 08:09 PM   #169
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,723
Likes: 3967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr View Post
Found it. I hope he does well, but can only think he's just signed his way out of a potential title.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...-2019-1029476/
Title, I doubt, but race wins, yes, absolutely.

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
Jumkie is offline  
April 28th, 2018, 10:51 PM   #170
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,285
Likes: 915

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr View Post
Found it. I hope he does well, but can only think he's just signed his way out of a potential title.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...-2019-1029476/
Yeah agreed. Makes me wonder if the HRC offer was not real enough for him. Something funny going on behind the scenes thats for sure. Interesting when it all comes out.
BarryMachine is online now  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
predictions, zarco



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Predictions statman New Users 2 April 2nd, 2017 02:39 AM
Johann Zarco pyeman MotoGP 29 June 5th, 2016 02:04 PM
Tech 3 to consider Rins and Zarco for 2017 season JPSLotus MotoGP 8 February 29th, 2016 01:25 AM
Zarco celebrates Gaz Moto2 4 January 22nd, 2016 01:52 AM
Zarco 2015 WC. Dr No Moto2 6 October 10th, 2015 08:57 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.