MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree103Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 26th, 2018, 10:44 AM   #151
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: USA

Posts: 457
Likes: 144

I think Kallio gets his first ride of the season next weekend at Jerez, and I wouldn't be surprised if he can get that bike into Q2
Hollywood is offline  
 
April 26th, 2018, 11:04 AM   #152
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,368
Likes: 402

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33 Coupe View Post
Whilst lecturing people on smugness and comprehension, your own sense of self importance may have resulted in your foot entering your mouth.
Your post makes no sense. Hit reset and try again.
RCV600RR is offline  
April 26th, 2018, 02:05 PM   #153
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,382
Likes: 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
Adrian Newey works best when he has stable platforms to work with such as the championship winning cars of 2010-2013. Frozen development on the V8 engines did wonders for providing that stable platform. Excellent aero guy, but his cars have also been noted for their fragility such as the 2005 McLaren MP4/20 which was the fastest car on the grid, but plagued by unreliability issues that ultimately cost them a real shot at the title that year. The car was so fast Kimi Raikkonen took victory at Suzuka after starting 17th on the grid.
Sure, my point was more that Red Bull went out and got the perceived top guy who brought them success back then.
michaelm is online now  
April 26th, 2018, 02:41 PM   #154
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,324
Likes: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Sure, my point was more that Red Bull went out and got the perceived top guy who brought them success back then.
There was talk he left McLaren because of the management style at the team, a problem that still persists to this day. He goes where he has autonomy to develop race cars. He also left Williams F1 because he wanted a share of ownership in the team that Frank Williams refused to give. Frank said that was the biggest mistake he ever made; letting Adrian Newey walk over that.
JPSLotus is offline  
April 26th, 2018, 06:42 PM   #155
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,348
Likes: 939

I Ride: Many
Zarco to KTM is definitely what KTM need. They have a history in the lower classes of a rider bringing them up to a good place. Eg. Miller in the tiddlers. Binder too.

Didnt Stoner get them their first GP win?

Would be great to see Zarco get KTM up to speed. It just seems such a big call atm.
Little Walter likes this.
BarryMachine is offline  
April 27th, 2018, 01:11 PM   #156
Senior Member
 
Iamapony's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Santa Cruz, Cal

Posts: 594
Likes: 219

I Ride: BMW, Honda, and another Honda
I will say the same thing about Zarco that I did before Crutchlow went to Ducati. TAKE THE DAMN MONEY. You don't know what will happen next. IT'S RACING. It is very uncertain. Cal got the big money to put away for his family and then he got a better bike for him. How could it get any better, unless you have the talent of MM or the agent of MV?

I thought Zarco should have been in MotoGP before some of the current bench warmers. Now that he is here, at his age, he had better collect some dough, unless he is a maxillofacial specialist that we haven't heard about. "Show me the money." (Jerry Maguire)
Iamapony is offline  
April 27th, 2018, 11:11 PM   #157
Member
 
MichaelBolton's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
From: Spain

Posts: 79
Likes: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
I will say the same thing about Zarco that I did before Crutchlow went to Ducati. TAKE THE DAMN MONEY. You don't know what will happen next. IT'S RACING. It is very uncertain. Cal got the big money to put away for his family and then he got a better bike for him. How could it get any better, unless you have the talent of MM or the agent of MV?

I thought Zarco should have been in MotoGP before some of the current bench warmers. Now that he is here, at his age, he had better collect some dough, unless he is a maxillofacial specialist that we haven't heard about. "Show me the money." (Jerry Maguire)
it's not like Honda would pay him peanuts...
MichaelBolton is offline  
April 28th, 2018, 05:46 AM   #158
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,725
Likes: 3980

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBolton View Post
it's not like Honda would pay him peanuts...
That's why I said, I'd be intrigued to learn what the difference in offer was monetarily. I can imagine the difference being dramatically skewed. Honda's offer comes with the caveat that they're presenting you with a race winner from day one, and the staff, prestige, budget, and tradition to make it happen. KTM on the other hand comes with the caveat that you're presented with a dream of being competitive far into the indefinite future, if ever, think KawasakiGP, but for the present, outside the top 15, Q1, no points on a good day, crashing and mechanicals on a bad day. Granted, the compensation for that must be higher, how much higher?

Edit to add, speaking of KwakerGP, Hopper took the money and ran.....straight to the hospital.

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
Barbedwirebikerr likes this.

Last edited by Jumkie; April 28th, 2018 at 05:49 AM.
Jumkie is offline  
April 28th, 2018, 05:53 AM   #159
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,382
Likes: 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
That's why I said, I'd be intrigued to learn what the difference in offer was monetarily. I can imagine the difference being dramatically skewed? Honda's offer comes with the caveat that they're presenting you with a race winner from day one, and the staff, prestige, budget, and tradition to make it happen. KTM on the other hand comes with the caveat that you're presented with a dream of being competitive far into the indefinite future, but for the present, outside the top 15, Q1, no points on a good day, crashing and mechanicals on a bad day. Granted, the compensation for that must be higher, how much higher?

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
His only chance of winning a title would be if MM got injured though. Might be better than no chance with KTM, but I would not necessarily give Red Bull and KTM no chance of coming up with something one year out of say 4 or 5, Red Bull's F1 team beat Ferrari and Mercedes, and Ducati have managed to beat Honda in motoGP.
michaelm is online now  
April 28th, 2018, 06:06 AM   #160
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,725
Likes: 3980

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
His only chance of winning a title would be if MM got injured though. Might be better than no chance with KTM, but I would not necessarily give Red Bull and KTM no chance of coming up with something one year out of say 4 or 5, Red Bull's F1 team beat Ferrari and Mercedes, and Ducati have managed to beat Honda in motoGP.
That's actually a possibility every single time Marc takes the track. I cringe at every crash because I still painfully aware what can happen on some unsuspecting day in a totally unsuspecting crash. Marc's crash rate is only matched and often surpassed by Crutchlow. That's a lot of crashing, and a lot of bullet dodging I'm afraid.

That's exactly what Rossi is banking on, that Marc will get injured (I'm not saying he hopes, but at this stage in his rage, I wouldn't doubt it). It's practically as I've said often, a 1:3 proposition for VR to win. There are 4.5 bikes that can reasonably win the title, the question for me is always, who cannot win the championship. Zarco on a RCV factory works bike and team would have been 1:4 chance from the git go.

On KTM, the chances are 5000 to 1.





...

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
Jumkie is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
predictions, zarco



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Predictions statman New Users 2 April 2nd, 2017 02:39 AM
Johann Zarco pyeman MotoGP 29 June 5th, 2016 02:04 PM
Tech 3 to consider Rins and Zarco for 2017 season JPSLotus MotoGP 8 February 29th, 2016 01:25 AM
Zarco celebrates Gaz Moto2 4 January 22nd, 2016 01:52 AM
Zarco 2015 WC. Dr No Moto2 6 October 10th, 2015 08:57 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.