MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree92Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
May 13th, 2018, 10:31 PM   #141
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,756
Likes: 713

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Pie face: “I’m the hero this forum needs. Not the one it deserves “.

**orders a cape off eBay**

“You have no idea of the fury that’s heading your way, asshole”!
Attached Thumbnails
Take The No Troll Pledge-eb594f13-eee5-408b-ac54-38a08db64911.jpg  
RCV600RR likes this.
synn is offline  
 
May 14th, 2018, 03:57 AM   #142
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,436
Likes: 978

I Ride: Many
Sooooo. .... I guess we can conclude that rossi sucks ..... and that he should quit trollong motogp.
pyeman likes this.
BarryMachine is online now  
May 14th, 2018, 04:00 AM   #143
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,456
Likes: 1379

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
There are many, many members who think you lash out and bully those with a different opinion.

When you get called out on it, or get a solid serving back, you feign victimhood. You don't even countenance the possibility that those views may be reasonable.

In all seriousness, have you ever considered that the volume of members who have this opinion may mean that this opinion has some merit?
Firstly - it isn't that many. I get along just fine with the great majority of people on the forum. It's really a small minority of Jum and JKD who have made it a personal crusade to piss me off.

I have done my share of piss-taking with Vudu who really went out of his way to piss people off when he first came here and came on really strong with a lot of really ugly shit and was called out by all the anti-boppers. He has chilled out and stopped being so provocative and I in turn - have been happy to debate him in a civil fashion.

Synn - is certainly no victim. He has hurled so much over the top racist invective, death threats and hateful insults about peoples mothers and dead sisters at members across the board and gets what he gives. He is clearly someone who's been around before and been strongly censured by all, only to return under a new avatar. We've seen this happen time and again. I will note that you haven't said word one about his totally insane hostility to the majority of members here (certainly the non-boppers)

There's plenty of strong argument to go 'round here. You've been around long enough to know people have strong opinions and that it's the norm that people express them forcefully; especially when it comes to like or not like Rossi.

As to countenancing what is perceived to be reasonably true, look at any of the old timers here who have discussed some of these topics to death. Over time - people become firm in their beliefs and grow tired of defending concepts that are well-grounded in fact. This is a shared trait. Nobody is compelled to believe what they don't believe. If any poster has an alternative belief they feel strongly about, it's their responsibility to convey that convincingly without gross insults, something too often used in leiu of logic or facts and when people continually repeat falsehoods or employ faulty logic they get mocked. Mocking people or taking the piss, is a social norm on this forum, hardly exclusive to me. If someone comes here and says the earth is flat - they can expect no mercy.

I've never "feigned victimhood" . I have put up with a lot of crap from Jum and JKD. Jum because he has a personal grudge and JKD because he's an annoying troll. I still recall my first interaction with JKD who I'd never said boo to, started up in a very abusive and ugly fashion, calling me a liar when I mentioned I'd done some club racing back in the day, and he made it very very personal, for no rational reason. And he's been at it for a long time. It's they that feign victimhood. Those two went out of their way to make it personal and it's true that I was unrestrained when replying to them because they went out of their way to make this space hostile to me.

As I said, I don't recall ever posting but the mildest piss-taking with you because you're an essentially rational guy. Don't let yourself get brainwashed by all the yapping from a small minority of malcontents.

BTW - I see no mention here of the two fellows who pissed off Pyeman to the point of leaving. I really liked him, tho he might have been a bit thin-skinned: not a good trait to possess in a place of hot debate.

Lastly - if you insist on hanging onto the idea that I'm some guy who just can't get along, list the persons who you perceive as being wronged by me and for every member you list that I don't get along with.

I in turn will give you 25 names of members with whom I have consistently got along with. It's all about perspective. Nobody can please everyone, nor should anybody try. This forum's lifeblood is debating. It's not a school for diplomats.

Last edited by Keshav; May 14th, 2018 at 05:20 AM.
Keshav is online now  
May 14th, 2018, 04:46 AM   #144
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,756
Likes: 713

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Firstly - it isn't that many. I get along just fine with the great majority of people on the forum. It's really a small minority of Jum and JKD who have made it a personal crusade to piss me off.

I have done my share of piss-taking with Vudu who really went out of his way to piss people off when he first came here and came on really strong with a lot of really ugly shit and was called out by all the anti-boppers. He has chilled out and stopped being so provocative and I in turn - have been happy to debate him in a civil fashion.

Synn - is certainly no victim. He has hurled so much over the top racist invective, death threats and hateful insults about peoples mothers and dead sisters at members across the board and gets what he gives. He is clearly someone who's been around before and been strongly censured by all, only to return under a new avatar. We've seen this happen time and again. I will note that you haven't said word one about his totally insane hostility to the majority of members here (certainly the non-boppers)

There's plenty of strong argument to go 'round here. You've been around long enough to know people have strong opinions and that it's the norm that people express them forcefully; especially when it comes to like or not like Rossi.

As to countenancing what is perceived to be reasonably true, look at any of the old timers here who have discussed some of these topics to death. Over time - people become firm in their beliefs and grow tired of defending concepts that are well-grounded in fact. This is a shared trait. Nobody is compelled to believe what they don't believe. If any poster has an alternative belief they feel strongly about, it's their responsibility to convey that convincingly without gross insults, something too often used in leiu of logic or facts and when people continually repeat falsehoods or employ faulty logic they get mocked. Mocking people or taking the piss, is a social norm on this forum, hardly exclusive to me. If someone comes here and says the earth is flat - they can expect no mercy.

I've never "feigned victimhood" . I have put up with a lot of crap from Jum and JKD. Jum because he has a personal grudge and JKD because he's an annoying troll. I still recall my first interaction with JKD who I'd never said boo to, started up in a very abusive and ugly fashion, calling me a liar when I mentioned I'd done some club racing back in the day, and he made it very very personal, for no rational reason. And he's been at it for a long time. It's they that feign victimhood. Those two went out of their way to make it personal and it's true that I was unrestrained when replying to them because they were such irritants.

As I said, I don't recall ever posting but the mildest piss-taking with you because you're an essentially rational guy. Don't let yourself get brainwashed by all the yapping from a small minority of malcontents.

BTW - I see no mention here of the two fellows who pissed off Pyeman to the point of leaving. I really liked him, tho he might have been a bit thin-skinned: not a good trait to possess in a place of hot debate.
It’s amazing.
You pour curry through one end and bullshit comes out of the other!
synn is offline  
May 14th, 2018, 02:00 PM   #145
Senior Member
 
JohnnyKnockdown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: unda cheese

Posts: 4,923
Likes: 1062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Firstly - it isn't that many. I get along just fine with the great majority of people on the forum. It's really a small minority of Jum and JKD who have made it a personal crusade to piss me off.

I have done my share of piss-taking with Vudu who really went out of his way to piss people off when he first came here and came on really strong with a lot of really ugly shit and was called out by all the anti-boppers. He has chilled out and stopped being so provocative and I in turn - have been happy to debate him in a civil fashion.

Synn - is certainly no victim. He has hurled so much over the top racist invective, death threats and hateful insults about peoples mothers and dead sisters at members across the board and gets what he gives. He is clearly someone who's been around before and been strongly censured by all, only to return under a new avatar. We've seen this happen time and again. I will note that you haven't said word one about his totally insane hostility to the majority of members here (certainly the non-boppers)

There's plenty of strong argument to go 'round here. You've been around long enough to know people have strong opinions and that it's the norm that people express them forcefully; especially when it comes to like or not like Rossi.

As to countenancing what is perceived to be reasonably true, look at any of the old timers here who have discussed some of these topics to death. Over time - people become firm in their beliefs and grow tired of defending concepts that are well-grounded in fact. This is a shared trait. Nobody is compelled to believe what they don't believe. If any poster has an alternative belief they feel strongly about, it's their responsibility to convey that convincingly without gross insults, something too often used in leiu of logic or facts and when people continually repeat falsehoods or employ faulty logic they get mocked. Mocking people or taking the piss, is a social norm on this forum, hardly exclusive to me. If someone comes here and says the earth is flat - they can expect no mercy.

I've never "feigned victimhood" . I have put up with a lot of crap from Jum and JKD. Jum because he has a personal grudge and JKD because he's an annoying troll. I still recall my first interaction with JKD who I'd never said boo to, started up in a very abusive and ugly fashion, calling me a liar when I mentioned I'd done some club racing back in the day, and he made it very very personal, for no rational reason. And he's been at it for a long time. It's they that feign victimhood. Those two went out of their way to make it personal and it's true that I was unrestrained when replying to them because they went out of their way to make this space hostile to me.

As I said, I don't recall ever posting but the mildest piss-taking with you because you're an essentially rational guy. Don't let yourself get brainwashed by all the yapping from a small minority of malcontents.

BTW - I see no mention here of the two fellows who pissed off Pyeman to the point of leaving. I really liked him, tho he might have been a bit thin-skinned: not a good trait to possess in a place of hot debate.

Lastly - if you insist on hanging onto the idea that I'm some guy who just can't get along, list the persons who you perceive as being wronged by me and for every member you list that I don't get along with.

I in turn will give you 25 names of members with whom I have consistently got along with. It's all about perspective. Nobody can please everyone, nor should anybody try. This forum's lifeblood is debating. It's not a school for diplomats.
FACT Keshav is the only member in the history of the forum who has met with other members and had real world altercations with them.

FACT Keshav is the only member on here, to have multiple google reviews stating that he’s an asshole in real life

FACT Keshav is the only member in the history of the forum that is such a prick that he feels the need to post a list of users that he believes likes him. Conveniently, most of them aren’t here. Im sure there’s a “Hey friend” PM awaiting in each of their inboxes, should they return.

FACT Keshav is the only person who brags about his like to hate ratio. He plays innocent victim, but if he was so innocent than why does a trail of negativity follow him everywhere
synn likes this.
JohnnyKnockdown is offline  
May 16th, 2018, 12:13 PM   #146
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,726
Likes: 3980

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyeman View Post
^ Well i guess i was pretty pissed off with jps's "You're a fucking idiot if.." remark and you jumping straight on the like button,in two and a half years of posting on here i've had zero interaction with jps so didn't appreciate that opening line,i guess that's the internet for you,people talk to each other with no respect ,nobody in my entire life would ever open dialogue with me like that face to face,as for the troll synn/sparrows/tps and now a new one teeth1198,i quite enjoy the interaction/banter/counter trolling,i know it only feeds the cycle but it's hard not to react and have a go back at him,i do however feel that remarks he makes to others,primarily Keshav, are taking things too far,taking the piss out of each other is all good in my book, but all this cancer shit and his other vitriol is out of order,he's the kind of prick who wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life for fear of getting battered yet he's on here giving it the big one...as for yourself... i mostly enjoy your posts but sometimes they can be a bit lengthy so to speak,hence i referred to them as 'lectures'
Thanks for the reply Pye. Not sure if you’re still here or not (I hope you stayed, I was busy last couple days and didn’t have time to respond, I offer my reply). So to be clear then, it was NOT anything I actually said that upset you to leave the forum. Good to know. Though I’m sure in the sick mind of a troll it will be used as fodder in an attempt to blame me for it. Regarding JP, I think his message was basically the same as ‘your own’ regarding trolling (see your quote below). As I said, I thought you had already determined it wasn’t worth reacting to a troll, so me liking JP’s post should be viewed as agreeing with you Pye, given your quotes below express the ‘same message’: that is we (You, me, and JP) all agree it’s counter productive reacting to trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyeman View Post
Goodbye asshole,you've long ceased to be amusing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyeman View Post
Oh i'll still be around,just won't be replying to anymore of your toxic shit...
As you can see then, we are in agreement. BTW, I “liked” (the irony) your two posts above, because of the message that you would no longer be participating in the troll-reaction cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyeman View Post
that's the internet for you,people talk to each other with no respect ,nobody in my entire life would ever open dialogue with me like that face to face…

i do however feel that remarks he makes to others,primarily Keshav, are taking things too far…

his other vitriol is out of order,he's the kind of prick who wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life for fear of getting battered yet he's on here giving it the big one…
It’s interesting that you should say this Pye. I agree with you wholeheartedly, it’s cowardly in the extreme to speak so boldly here knowing these guys wouldn’t have the balls to do so face to face, which is ironic that you would use Kesh as an example, given you are focused on Synn as an internet troll whist Kesh has actually met me and Rog and surely wouldn’t have the balls to lob such awful verbal attacks face to face, particularly to Roger’s face (if you’ve seen him you’d agree). Why should you give Kesh a pass on making cowardly inflammatory remarks, but Synn is especially chickenshit? The internet dynamic you describe above is even more of an indictment in the case of Kesh because he was shown absolute kindness and accommodation (by his own admission) from me and Roger in our presence, including when he shamelessly joined Roger’s forum, allowed to join despite his history of attacking Roger’s family. Roger wasn’t vindictive when he had a right to do so (also by Kesh’s own admission). Yet as recently as the first race thread of the season, Kesh again conjured up a vicious personal attack (he has several times over the years). Keep in mind, he had already been flame warring with another new member named Albert Tatlock before I chimed in. He then started to attack me too, and for what? For calling him out on his cowardly Internet attacks, the same thing you describe above.

From what we can examine here on this forum, using the Cowardly Trolling Scale: Kesh>Synn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyeman View Post
'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing'...synn is evil..i'm a good man so i give him shit...he lives to make people dance but getting him hopping isn't even a challenge anymore
The point is 'to do' something effective, in this case the thing 'to do' either attempt to engage as has Gaz did in the Qatar thread (though you're probably way past this) then the thing 'to do' is to stop the troll-reaction cycle by not reacting. That is in fact 'doing' something.

I realize it may be difficult for you to accept this because as you say, its hard not to react to Synn given you have also become a target, but in the Qatar thread, there is a sequence where Synn, Gaz, and two other members interact without the vitriol (I mentioned the page above in a previous post). I have not interacted with Synn, and clearly we would probably argue given he is a Rossi fan and I’m not; but surely if I quarrel with him then I should expect a fight, that is natural. Kesh attacked him almost from the onset, so it is predictable that Synn would become his enemy. Kesh upped his attacks, relentlessly in every thread possible, Synn never backed down and like Kesh, increased the trajectory of the blasts. But perhaps Gaz as proved that it is possible to dialog. Granted, we all are not going to have beers together, but at very least staying out of each other’s shooting range may be possible.



Quote:
Originally Posted by pyeman View Post

i mostly enjoy your posts but sometimes they can be a bit lengthy so to speak,hence i referred to them as 'lectures'
Thanks. Yes, I know I can be wordy and sometimes a blowhard about race opinions. I accept this flaw. A running joke by members (way before you joined) is that my posts are “8000 word essays”. I wish I had the talent of saying more by typing less.
RCV600RR, JPSLotus, pyeman and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Jumkie; May 16th, 2018 at 12:21 PM.
Jumkie is offline  
May 16th, 2018, 12:26 PM   #147
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,756
Likes: 713

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Just because someone isn’t a Rossi fan doesn’t mean I unleash the vitriol on them.
I like Holypuck even though he is an embarrassment to Italy and refuse to worship our lord and savior( I kid).

Kurryfart however is a cunt and cunts get cuntslapped.
RCV600RR likes this.
synn is offline  
May 18th, 2018, 02:18 AM   #148
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: New Zealand

Posts: 830
Likes: 298

I Ride: An R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Thanks for the reply Pye. Not sure if you’re still here or not (I hope you stayed, I was busy last couple days and didn’t have time to respond, I offer my reply). So to be clear then, it was NOT anything I actually said that upset you to leave the forum. Good to know. Though I’m sure in the sick mind of a troll it will be used as fodder in an attempt to blame me for it. Regarding JP, I think his message was basically the same as ‘your own’ regarding trolling (see your quote below). As I said, I thought you had already determined it wasn’t worth reacting to a troll, so me liking JP’s post should be viewed as agreeing with you Pye, given your quotes below express the ‘same message’: that is we (You, me, and JP) all agree it’s counter productive reacting to trolls.





As you can see then, we are in agreement. BTW, I “liked” (the irony) your two posts above, because of the message that you would no longer be participating in the troll-reaction cycle.



It’s interesting that you should say this Pye. I agree with you wholeheartedly, it’s cowardly in the extreme to speak so boldly here knowing these guys wouldn’t have the balls to do so face to face, which is ironic that you would use Kesh as an example, given you are focused on Synn as an internet troll whist Kesh has actually met me and Rog and surely wouldn’t have the balls to lob such awful verbal attacks face to face, particularly to Roger’s face (if you’ve seen him you’d agree). Why should you give Kesh a pass on making cowardly inflammatory remarks, but Synn is especially chickenshit? The internet dynamic you describe above is even more of an indictment in the case of Kesh because he was shown absolute kindness and accommodation (by his own admission) from me and Roger in our presence, including when he shamelessly joined Roger’s forum, allowed to join despite his history of attacking Roger’s family. Roger wasn’t vindictive when he had a right to do so (also by Kesh’s own admission). Yet as recently as the first race thread of the season, Kesh again conjured up a vicious personal attack (he has several times over the years). Keep in mind, he had already been flame warring with another new member named Albert Tatlock before I chimed in. He then started to attack me too, and for what? For calling him out on his cowardly Internet attacks, the same thing you describe above.

From what we can examine here on this forum, using the Cowardly Trolling Scale: Kesh>Synn.



The point is 'to do' something effective, in this case the thing 'to do' either attempt to engage as has Gaz did in the Qatar thread (though you're probably way past this) then the thing 'to do' is to stop the troll-reaction cycle by not reacting. That is in fact 'doing' something.

I realize it may be difficult for you to accept this because as you say, its hard not to react to Synn given you have also become a target, but in the Qatar thread, there is a sequence where Synn, Gaz, and two other members interact without the vitriol (I mentioned the page above in a previous post). I have not interacted with Synn, and clearly we would probably argue given he is a Rossi fan and I’m not; but surely if I quarrel with him then I should expect a fight, that is natural. Kesh attacked him almost from the onset, so it is predictable that Synn would become his enemy. Kesh upped his attacks, relentlessly in every thread possible, Synn never backed down and like Kesh, increased the trajectory of the blasts. But perhaps Gaz as proved that it is possible to dialog. Granted, we all are not going to have beers together, but at very least staying out of each other’s shooting range may be possible.





Thanks. Yes, I know I can be wordy and sometimes a blowhard about race opinions. I accept this flaw. A running joke by members (way before you joined) is that my posts are “8000 word essays”. I wish I had the talent of saying more by typing less.
Hey..thanks for your post...I can't really argue with anything you have said,i allowed myself to be dragged into the trolling cycle and have been pretty 'thin skinned' as a number of people have said,I vowed to myself to stay off here but at the end of the day i love racing and I like being on here talking about it and learning what's going on within the sport,I shall endeavour to stick to racing talk from now on and to laugh off the shit you can't do anything about...albeit with the occasional jibe at a certain someone...
Jumkie, Keshav, Theo and 1 others like this.

Last edited by pyeman; May 18th, 2018 at 02:29 AM.
pyeman is offline  
May 18th, 2018, 02:19 PM   #149
Senior Member
 
Iamapony's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Santa Cruz, Cal

Posts: 599
Likes: 224

I Ride: BMW, Honda, and another Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
Just because someone isn’t a Rossi fan doesn’t mean I unleash the vitriol on them.
I like Holypuck even though he is an embarrassment to Italy and refuse to worship our lord and savior( I kid).

Kurryfart however is a Kund and Kunds get Kundslapped.
VERY SERIOUSLY:

I have had this bone to pick with you in particular, since I started posting here, again. Your useless profanity and insults are over the top, and reflect on others that posts here.

There USE TO BE knowledgeable FEMALE race fans on this site, who actually went to the MotoGP races. No woman wants to see this kind of garbage, and actually I think the owner is a bit suspect to allow this kind of thing. Many of us swear on occasion. I do it, too. But we all should tone it down, a bit.

Would you please talk like an adult and not like a little kid that thinks swearing makes them important. I don't even know if you have ever been to any kind of race, so I really would rather have those ladies posting, again. Thank you for considering the wider audience. I will refrain from this kind of post from now on. [No Preview - No edits]
pyeman likes this.
Iamapony is offline  
May 18th, 2018, 02:22 PM   #150
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,756
Likes: 713

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
I took part in a three legged race alone and won.
synn is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
pledge, troll



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rossi vs. Stoner (not a troll thread, promise...) tps7c MotoGP 272 May 12th, 2016 05:45 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.