MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree92Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
May 12th, 2018, 04:45 AM   #121
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,046
Likes: 351

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Kurryfart hiding behind skirts and pelting stones at the giant 18 wheeler steamrolling through his town. That’s adorable.
synn is offline  
 
May 12th, 2018, 04:56 AM   #122
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,193
Likes: 873

I Ride: Many
I was wondering .... just how much rossi sucks. Does rossi suck more than the boppers ...... or vica versa.
BarryMachine is online now  
May 12th, 2018, 05:21 AM   #123
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,025
Likes: 1232

I Ride: DRZ400sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
I was wondering .... just how much rossi sucks. Does rossi suck more than the boppers ...... or vica versa.
The boppers are worse. At least Rossi accomplished something in his younger days. The boppers are just pissy cry-baby dilettantes who've never raced, never risked anything worse than a hangnail from too much typing.
Keshav is offline  
May 12th, 2018, 11:14 AM   #124
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,581
Likes: 3846

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Sorry to see you go. Have enjoyed your posts.

Just to be clear, I think it is a personal choice whether you want to argue with the guy. As I have said, a bigger win for the party concerned is getting posters on here arguing with each other about non bike racing matters.
Pyeman, this above is what I was trying to say to you. Is Mike lecturing you too? I am trying to explain the dynamic of the trolling-reaction cycle, in that it's not useful. Sorry you feel that this was too uncomfortable to stand. But i want you to consider this, if this was the post that compelled you to leave, then imagine what it was like to endure personal attacks by Kesh, even as recently as the Qatar thread (which I just quote above). You're reacting to my post where I've written it without any profanity or personal attacks to you. I'm pointing out that you had also said you'd stop reacting, am I incorrect? Didn’t you say that? I also explained further that the troll reaction cycle was going on before I had said anything to Kesh, to point out when and why the attention was redirected in this flame war. If you leave guess who wins and who loses. If you stay and continue the cycle guess who wins and who loses?

Pye, I'll quote myself below, this was the part that I wrote to you. Most of it is background explanation to make the point that we all lose in the trolling-reaction cycle, the trolls however win. Please point out the sentence or group of sentences that offended you in particular and I will redress it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post

I distinctly remember reading a post of yours that you were done responding to synn. Am I correct? Pye, what you’re advocating is for Kesh and others to continue trolling Synn because…Synn is a troll. My interjection to this cycle was to point out who are the culprits of this cycle. For that Kesh and Barry have made me their target! They can’t stand that I would highlight their childish behavior, so I must be vilified. And frankly, its working, that why they are continuing to do it.

Lets break this down:

1.Original Synn: Kesh/Barry engaged in flame warring, clogging up threads ‘before’ I chimed in. FACT. This is undisputed fact, the time stamps are there, surely you don’t need me to post a bunch of quote of theirs engaging in the trolling-response cycle to show you time stamps, do you? Perhaps, but as it appears, it wouldn’t help settle this “debate”. Facts have become irrelevant.
2.The call out: I chimed in and pointed out that Kesh/Barry (and sure, they’re not the only ones, but were the most egregious engagers). Keep in mind, that after I chimed in, perhaps some took a step back, others stopped all together, or reduced, meanwhile Kesh/Barry not only continued, but its like they went into hyperdrive.
3.Spin Machine: Kesh/Barry’s narrative: Jumkie is the evil villain here! Look at him, not us! Uhm, except, they were fully engaged in the trolling-response cycle ‘before’ I chimed in. So when did I become their target? Right ‘after’ I pointed out their behavior.
4.Newspeak Works: Notice now how I have become the topic, not the reason why we got here in the first place, which was to stop the trolling-response cycle. Listen, the people that have the power to stop the cycle refuse, and it will continue then. No wonder that Kesh/Barry fight so hard to keep conflict alive, they thrive on it. Keep in mind Pye, we are talking on a thread called the “Non-trolling Pledge’ thread!
5.The Winner: Trolls. Pye what is the point of saying, he look, lets not feel sorry for this troll, because he is a real troll, so lets troll him. Take a look at pages 6 & 7, particularly 7, that entire page is an example of how threads get clogged up with the troll-reaction cycle. There are many pages in threads exactly like this! Who wins in this scenario? Who loses? Make no mistake, there is a winner!
I would like to point something out, maybe you've noticed it maybe you haven't, but there is a member here who quotes me often to say some trolling quit, scroll above. I've never interacted with him and have never responded to him. You can imagine if I did, it would be like another Kesh vs Synn flame war. This is another illustration of what I was attempting to explain to you, for which Mike did a far better job of doing.


Btw, the reality is we constantly "lecture" eachother on here about everything! Far more contentious than my post above which I've reposted for yours and any body's examination. Please point out the sentence I've written that has offended you, I will reword it to sound more like what Mike is precisely saying above. I hope you reconsider and stay.

Edit: in fact, let me do this. I retract everything I said in my quote above, and hereby apologize to you. Though if you could, please point out exactly the part that was offensive, so that I may learn from the way I interact with you, so as not to repeat my mistake. Instead, I will borrow MikeM's words and use them as my reply to you, given the gist of his and my post to you are essentially the 'exact' message.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post

Sorry to see you go. Have enjoyed your posts.

Just to be clear, I think it is a personal choice whether you want to argue with the guy. As I have said, a bigger win for the party concerned is getting posters on here arguing with each other about non bike racing matters.
And I'll add, you're one of the few members that I enjoy a concensus with regarding Cuntslow. I would like to point out, though you may feel free to banter the hell out of Cal, it's NOT as easy for me. I really wanted to have a go at Cal after Argentina, but constantly have an internal argument with myself as to what I should post. Just so you know, I cringe every time I say something bad about him because some of my best friends here (which are real life friends) are staunch Cal fans, can you imagine the feeling I get thinking what I say would be offensive to them? I'm not kidding either. This is a real thing. And I honestly suspect they have at times wanted to flame me for it.





If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.

Last edited by Jumkie; May 12th, 2018 at 02:47 PM.
Jumkie is offline  
May 12th, 2018, 04:11 PM   #125
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: New Zealand

Posts: 538
Likes: 210

I Ride: An R1
^ Well i guess i was pretty pissed off with jps's "You're a fucking idiot if.." remark and you jumping straight on the like button,in two and a half years of posting on here i've had zero interaction with jps so didn't appreciate that opening line,i guess that's the internet for you,people talk to each other with no respect ,nobody in my entire life would ever open dialogue with me like that face to face,as for the troll synn/sparrows/tps and now a new one teeth1198,i quite enjoy the interaction/banter/counter trolling,i know it only feeds the cycle but it's hard not to react and have a go back at him,i do however feel that remarks he makes to others,primarily Keshav, are taking things too far,taking the piss out of each other is all good in my book, but all this cancer shit and his other vitriol is out of order,he's the kind of prick who wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life for fear of getting battered yet he's on here giving it the big one...as for yourself... i mostly enjoy your posts but sometimes they can be a bit lengthy so to speak,hence i referred to them as 'lectures'
BarryMachine and Theo like this.
pyeman is offline  
May 12th, 2018, 05:21 PM   #126
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 9,964
Likes: 1831

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyeman View Post
^ Well i guess i was pretty pissed off with jps's "You're a fucking idiot if.." remark and you jumping straight on the like button,in two and a half years of posting on here i've had zero interaction with jps so didn't appreciate that opening line,i guess that's the internet for you,people talk to each other with no respect ,nobody in my entire life would ever open dialogue with me like that face to face,as for the troll synn/sparrows/tps and now a new one teeth1198,i quite enjoy the interaction/banter/counter trolling,i know it only feeds the cycle but it's hard not to react and have a go back at him,i do however feel that remarks he makes to others,primarily Keshav, are taking things too far,taking the piss out of each other is all good in my book, but all this cancer shit and his other vitriol is out of order,he's the kind of prick who wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life for fear of getting battered yet he's on here giving it the big one...as for yourself... i mostly enjoy your posts but sometimes they can be a bit lengthy so to speak,hence i refered to them as 'lectures'
It is amusing, while more than capable of irony Povol once posted it seemed quite unconsciously that people who have bantered with him on forums are quiet as churchmice if he actually ever meets up with them. The guy is of even more imposing stature than you are.

Last edited by michaelm; May 12th, 2018 at 11:07 PM.
michaelm is online now  
May 13th, 2018, 07:26 AM   #127
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,130
Likes: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyeman View Post
^ Well i guess i was pretty pissed off with jps's "You're a fucking idiot if.." remark and you jumping straight on the like button,in two and a half years of posting on here i've had zero interaction with jps so didn't appreciate that opening line,i guess that's the internet for you,people talk to each other with no respect ,nobody in my entire life would ever open dialogue with me like that face to face,as for the troll synn/sparrows/tps and now a new one teeth1198,i quite enjoy the interaction/banter/counter trolling,i know it only feeds the cycle but it's hard not to react and have a go back at him,i do however feel that remarks he makes to others,primarily Keshav, are taking things too far,taking the piss out of each other is all good in my book, but all this cancer shit and his other vitriol is out of order,he's the kind of prick who wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life for fear of getting battered yet he's on here giving it the big one...as for yourself... i mostly enjoy your posts but sometimes they can be a bit lengthy so to speak,hence i referred to them as 'lectures'
You don't get what I said and why I said it. I don't mind you posting here and I am not looking for you to top posting here. But thinking you are somehow going to one up synn in an insult contest. He obliterated you and there is literally nothing you can say that is going to get under his skin. He got under your skin big time that you're trying to go after him and he just laughs at you.

You openly admit to enjoy keeping the cycle going and it makes this forum unreadable when you do that. It makes you as big of a troll. It's a motorcycle racing forum, not a forum for seeing who can out troll and out insult the other person. We're always going to have fights and the like on here, just an inevitability, but wrecking thread after thread with flame wars is not fucking amusing by any stretch. I haven't been perfect on here and I'll admit to that completely. But this shit is on a whole different level. Synn posts, the same group of people come flocking to try and attack him like rabid dogs, and he doesn't give a fuck. Get over it and move on instead of trying to one up him which is not going to happen.
Theo and Furiosa like this.
JPSLotus is offline  
May 13th, 2018, 01:45 PM   #128
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: UK

Posts: 53
Likes: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
It's a motorcycle racing forum,
It hasn't been that for some time now!

If we leave aside the usual 'everything bad is Rossi's fault' posts, is just been plain unreadable of late.

I've got a couple of lads at work watching now, just so I can have some semi-sensible discussion post race weekend.

Macca

P.S. This post may or may not be Rossi's fault
danski likes this.
Macca is offline  
May 13th, 2018, 01:53 PM   #129
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,046
Likes: 351

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca View Post
It hasn't been that for some time now!

If we leave aside the usual 'everything bad is Rossi's fault' posts, is just been plain unreadable of late.

I've got a couple of lads at work watching now, just so I can have some semi-sensible discussion post race weekend.

Macca

P.S. This post may or may not be Rossi's fault
You left a period out in the end.
That’s what you get when you leave Rossi in charge of development.
synn is offline  
May 13th, 2018, 02:00 PM   #130
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,520
Likes: 1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
You left a period out in the end.
That’s what you get when you leave Rossi in charge of development.
Nah man, that was the electronics.

Wireless keyboard issue ................. not developed and did not recognise the period
synn likes this.
Gaz is online now  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
pledge, troll



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rossi vs. Stoner (not a troll thread, promise...) tps7c MotoGP 272 May 12th, 2016 04:45 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.