MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree333Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
March 14th, 2018, 06:44 AM   #41
#22
Senior Member
 
#22's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: In Cider

Posts: 3,996
Likes: 1771

Especially Marquez. Which is why he has stated he aims to not crash so much this yr.
#22 is offline  
 
March 14th, 2018, 06:48 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
moto vudu's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Texas

Posts: 1,729
Likes: 737

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
Proper internet etiquette? Thats a new one. The mother fuckin PC police huh? Well my post was pointing out something lacking from his pics so even by your high standards the pics should remain. Troll turns mod in less than a day.
You took my post too serious, but yeah... I'm giving you an infraction for your picture quoting violation.
moto vudu is offline  
March 14th, 2018, 06:50 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
moto vudu's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Texas

Posts: 1,729
Likes: 737

Quote:
Originally Posted by #22 View Post
Especially Marquez. Which is why he has stated he aims to not crash so much this yr.
Of course he aims not to crash so much, he never purposely set out to crash a lot. If he doesn't have the pace to put a gap between himself and the other contenders, he WILL push over the limit and risk crashing. Some of them he'll save and others he wont.
moto vudu is offline  
March 14th, 2018, 07:36 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2013
From: Austin, TX

Posts: 167
Likes: 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
I am disappointed my dude. I was expert your post would be the only place to find umbrella girls in motogp anymore, unless I stop by motokitty's house that is. Bring back bitc........bring back the ladies!!!
LOL! Um... I was trying to avoid being added to the #metoo?

Actually I usually post the grid girls simply because they're out there in the heat and the rain with the riders and the techs and then everybody forgets about them. You see the crews and the riders and the riders wives/girlfriends, but the grid girls just quietly fade into the background once the flags come out.

So to honor their contribution to the sport:

war10ckjupi likes this.
budoist is offline  
March 14th, 2018, 08:23 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,880
Likes: 1683

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto vudu View Post
You took my post too serious, but yeah... I'm giving you an infraction for your picture quoting violation.
She was worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budoist View Post
LOL! Um... I was trying to avoid being added to the #metoo?

Actually I usually post the grid girls simply because they're out there in the heat and the rain with the riders and the techs and then everybody forgets about them. You see the crews and the riders and the riders wives/girlfriends, but the grid girls just quietly fade into the background once the flags come out.

So to honor their contribution to the sport:

Yea that what I was thinking to... same reason.
MdubSTYLIE is offline  
March 14th, 2018, 08:44 AM   #46
#22
Senior Member
 
#22's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: In Cider

Posts: 3,996
Likes: 1771

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto vudu View Post
Of course he aims not to crash so much, he never purposely set out to crash a lot. If he doesn't have the pace to put a gap between himself and the other contenders, he WILL push over the limit and risk crashing. Some of them he'll save and others he wont.
That can be said of virtually any rider on the grid. If you look at most of Marquez' crashes last year they were low side front end washouts. This was because he was overcompensating for lack of acceleration by pushing the RCV's main strength over the limit.

Looking at pre season testing, Honda have sorted the bike more that he won't have to push the front that hard now, therefore not be crashing as much.
#22 is offline  
March 14th, 2018, 08:57 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
moto vudu's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Texas

Posts: 1,729
Likes: 737

Quote:
Originally Posted by #22 View Post
That can be said of virtually any rider on the grid. If you look at most of Marquez' crashes last year they were low side front end washouts. This was because he was overcompensating for lack of acceleration by pushing the RCV's main strength over the limit.

Looking at pre season testing, Honda have sorted the bike more that he won't have to push the front that hard now, therefore not be crashing as much.
Preseason testing doesn't mean much.
moto vudu is offline  
March 14th, 2018, 09:25 AM   #48
#22
Senior Member
 
#22's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: In Cider

Posts: 3,996
Likes: 1771

Actually in this case it does. It simply doesn't suit your narrative.

Marquez crashed more times in one day of the Qatar test in preseason 2017 than he did in the entire preseason build up for 2018.
#22 is offline  
March 14th, 2018, 09:39 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Canada

Posts: 291
Likes: 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto vudu View Post
I don't see Marquez changing to a smooth Lorenzo style anymore than I could see Lorenzo riding like Marquez. It just won't happen.
I think he's more adaptable than Lorenzo.

So, you might be right, but I'd certainly like to see him try.
#22 likes this.
MadMax is offline  
March 14th, 2018, 10:34 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,462
Likes: 1385

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto vudu View Post
I don't know who's wishing Marc to get hurt, but luck runs out. Every rider on the grid knows that.
Look at how lucky Rossi was in going so many years without serious injury. Oh no wait... Rossi is the Goat and never benefited from luck.
#22 likes this.
Keshav is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2018, grand, prix, qatar



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Qatar Grand Prix 2016 qatrasdgf British Superbike 0 March 20th, 2016 10:59 AM
F1 US Grand Prix moving shovelhead Motorsports 5 June 3rd, 2015 11:37 PM
German Grand Prix kieran MotoGP 221 July 16th, 2008 07:49 AM
USA Redbull Grand Prix turton1803 MotoGP 7 February 24th, 2007 06:29 AM
New grand prix track IcrashedmyMV MotoGP 21 September 10th, 2005 10:22 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.