MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree70Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
February 17th, 2018, 04:35 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,371
Likes: 950

I Ride: Many
Its looking like KFC has a deal on wings again.

Not sure about the Ducatis mexican moustache look though.
BarryMachine is online now  
 
February 17th, 2018, 04:56 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
JohnnyKnockdown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: unda cheese

Posts: 4,923
Likes: 1060

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Its looking like KFC has a deal on wings again.

Not sure about the Ducatis mexican moustache look though.
Siestas are big on testing days
JohnnyKnockdown is offline  
February 17th, 2018, 05:04 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,526
Likes: 579

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
MM might repeat his 2014 season.

Doesn't look like they were giving Jack Miller the best available equipment in his previous tenure in the premier class as a Honda rider though. Why would anyone want to be a Honda satellite rider?.
I had argued that Jack was riding better than can be expected if you compared him to others on the same machinery. Looks like now with the better satellite package he could be in for a great season, it might be my patriotic pride but I thought that Ducati may have been better off giving the current bike to Jack rather than Petrucci. I guess he might end up with it once/if Petrucci signs somewhere else.

I expect Luthi, Morbidelli and Nakagami to struggle this year in similar fashion to Rabat over the past two years.*

*unless Honda have seriously upped their satellite package this year.
p4p1 is offline  
February 17th, 2018, 05:44 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,880
Likes: 1683

I Ride: your mom
Pedrosa is on form. He will have a great year and hit his goal of 2nd or 3rd in the championship.
MdubSTYLIE is offline  
February 17th, 2018, 06:02 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,341
Likes: 1334

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Hahahaha, they are needed, wings are an extra. To be honest I think they should just ban all wings/aerodynamic devices from a motorbike we don't have them on road bikes and theres far more hazard on road than track.
We don't need them on road bikes because road bikes don't have comparable power characteristics. I would argue that riding on the street is exponentially more dangerous. When I took the California Superbike class (on a race-prepped bike) all those years ago prompting me to get my racing license, I was struck by how I felt liberated by the lack of guard rails, four-way street corners with idiots running red lights, drunken teenagers, unlicensed misfits in stolen cars, dogs and deer unexpectedly crossing roads, nearsighted grannies barely able to peer over the steering wheel of their shambling 30 year old Honda civic careening down the road, loose children, meth-addled truck drivers, potholes, black ice and so on.

There's long been an element here on PS (myself included) who long for the days of yore when guys raced 2-Stroke 500cc V Fours, when people smoked and drank in the paddock, and nobody worked out and men were manly etc etc.

Banning traction control, fly-by-wire, and all kinds of electronic aids have been debated ad nauseum here. But, at end of day, you can't turn the clock back on prototype racing. I've little doubt that if the racers thought the wings were dangerous - they'd say something. IMO - it's pointless to second guess the riders on safety issues which for them are a matter of life and death.
Mick D, Theo and Little Walter like this.

Last edited by Keshav; February 17th, 2018 at 09:48 AM.
Keshav is offline  
February 17th, 2018, 06:38 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
JohnnyKnockdown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: unda cheese

Posts: 4,923
Likes: 1060

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
Pedrosa is on form. He will have a great year and hit his goal of 2nd or 3rd in the championship.
I love Pedro's philosophy. Aim low and you will never be dissapointed.

The boppers and boners are going at it again. Too bad the boners had to retire early

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...k-in-melbourne
JohnnyKnockdown is offline  
February 17th, 2018, 06:44 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
JohnnyKnockdown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: unda cheese

Posts: 4,923
Likes: 1060

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
I had argued that Jack was riding better than can be expected if you compared him to others on the same machinery. Looks like now with the better satellite package he could be in for a great season, it might be my patriotic pride but I thought that Ducati may have been better off giving the current bike to Jack rather than Petrucci. I guess he might end up with it once/if Petrucci signs somewhere else.

I expect Luthi, Morbidelli and Nakagami to struggle this year in similar fashion to Rabat over the past two years.*

*unless Honda have seriously upped their satellite package this year.
Im really looking forward to seeing Jack on the Duc this year. If, et tu Jorge doesn't progress and Jack does, he should get the factory ride next yr.
Isn't JLo's deal only for two years?
JohnnyKnockdown is offline  
February 17th, 2018, 09:46 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Little Walter's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Stratosphere

Posts: 674
Likes: 276

I Ride: Whatever I can steal
Riders 2 thru 10 are relatively close. Will Marquez demonstrate his uncanny ability to be the first to master the track the way he did the first year at COTA?
Little Walter is offline  
February 17th, 2018, 11:14 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,464
Likes: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKnockdown View Post
I love Pedro's philosophy. Aim low and you will never be dissapointed.

The boppers and boners are going at it again. Too bad the boners had to retire early

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...k-in-melbourne
What is perhaps more interesting is that it is again someone who decries ’bonerism’ who feels the need to bring it to this thread to which it would seem irrelevant, and also to something totally unrelated to bike racing.

It is much more likely the aggressors were Queenslanders who were offended because someone said XXXX was terrible beer.
Keshav likes this.
michaelm is offline  
February 17th, 2018, 12:35 PM   #20
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,651
Likes: 2039

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKnockdown View Post
Im really looking forward to seeing Jack on the Duc this year. If, et tu Jorge doesn't progress and Jack does, he should get the factory ride next yr.
Isn't JLo's deal only for two years?
Yep, this is the last season of the current deal for Jl but also for Dovi.

Ducati have already publically commented that JL needs to step up as Dovi may well need a pay rise for future contracts and they have made it clear that JL may need to look at a pay reduction (being fair, he mentioned it first) if he was to re-sign.

Still early days for Miller but as others have said, it does show the Honda Satellite as an anchor and makes one 'wonder' just how deliberate that may be given that their factory riders performance against those same satellites (compare to other factories)
Gaz is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
buriram, test



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PI Test sarto MotoGP 121 February 3rd, 2008 11:14 AM
pi test Jessica MotoGP 2 January 29th, 2007 05:06 AM
PI Test, Day 1 Le_ShAkEy MotoGP 6 February 1st, 2006 04:54 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.