MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree9Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
January 18th, 2018, 06:02 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Southport England

Posts: 1,133
Likes: 562

He's also still competitive.
AntG is offline  
 
January 18th, 2018, 07:04 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,227
Likes: 229

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
In Rossiís case itís ego. He is terrified of becoming irrelevant .
I think he is irrelevant, he'll never win again as a rider (Championship), imo he's an old version of Pedro.
Theo is online now  
January 18th, 2018, 08:08 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,124
Likes: 273

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by #22 View Post
Any other rider (Hayden is a prime example) would have had a few years max on a privateer bike then been kicked out to the weeds/WSBK. Hayden was a world champion and never got a lifeline back to a competitive factory bike like Rossi has.
Agree with the rest of your post, but I disagree that he'd be kicked out to the weeds. Hayden was a world champion in 2006, but he won three GP races in his career. At that point, Rossi had won around 110, and had one two out of the last three titles before he moved to Ducati. His only rival for the Yamaha seat was Spies (who had one race victory in GP) and Dovi (who had one race victory in GP).
RCV600RR is offline  
January 18th, 2018, 08:14 AM   #24
#22
Senior Member
 
#22's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: In Cider

Posts: 3,984
Likes: 1758

True, but every year the rumour mill goes into overdrive that Pedrosa should be dropped because he 'Only' wins a race or two a year. He does the perfect job for Honda, winning when Marquez doesn't and getting points for the teams championship.

The only reason the same doesn't happen with Rossi, is because of his marketing value. The same reason he was drafted back to Yamaha (remember, Yamaha RACING didn't want him, it was Yamaha MARKETING that did.)
Gaz and The Burning Barber like this.
#22 is offline  
January 18th, 2018, 11:52 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,124
Likes: 273

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by #22 View Post
True, but every year the rumour mill goes into overdrive that Pedrosa should be dropped because he 'Only' wins a race or two a year. He does the perfect job for Honda, winning when Marquez doesn't and getting points for the teams championship.
That's just idle and ignorant fans calling for him to bdropped. Nakamoto and Suppo, who are clever chaps, always renewed his contract because he's the best rider available for that seat.
RCV600RR is offline  
January 18th, 2018, 12:29 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,211
Likes: 1435

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKETUNER View Post
Watch this!

Rossi fans get so excited about anything with his name attached. What in the hell makes that video exclamation point worthy,there are literally thousands just like it. Is it the really cool flames? What am I missing ?
povol is offline  
January 19th, 2018, 08:06 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,227
Likes: 229

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by #22 View Post
True, but every year the rumour mill goes into overdrive that Pedrosa should be dropped because he 'Only' wins a race or two a year. He does the perfect job for Honda, winning when Marquez doesn't and getting points for the teams championship.

The only reason the same doesn't happen with Rossi, is because of his marketing value. The same reason he was drafted back to Yamaha (remember, Yamaha RACING didn't want him, it was Yamaha MARKETING that did.)
Sorry don't agree it was the retards who run MotoGP that did.
Theo is online now  
January 19th, 2018, 12:47 PM   #28
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,513
Likes: 1906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Sorry don't agree it was the retards who run MotoGP that did.
While uncle caramello played a part, there is this.

Yamaha Racing didn?t want Rossi ? GPxtra
Gaz is offline  
January 20th, 2018, 01:51 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,227
Likes: 229

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
While uncle caramello played a part, there is this.

Yamaha Racing didn?t want Rossi ? GPxtra
Sad isn't it, but he's not done anything since has he,only the on track angry antics. But then Yamahahaha have only 1 championship in 5 years and it wasn't Rossi. I think they're mugs for listening to marketing. Unless caramel was leaning on the weak link.
Theo is online now  
January 20th, 2018, 02:09 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,814
Likes: 1611

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Sad isn't it, but he's not done anything since has he,only the on track angry antics. But then Yamahahaha have only 1 championship in 5 years and it wasn't Rossi. I think they're mugs for listening to marketing. Unless caramel was leaning on the weak link.
The fact is they sell more bikes because of Rossi than any other rider or all the other riders combined for that matter. Whats winning championship about to manufacturers? Marketing. So if you don't need to win to sell bikes than fuck it right? I mean Brittney Spears sells out vegas doesn't mean shes talented either.
MdubSTYLIE is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2018, motivation, rossi, valentino



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yamaha extends Rossi contract to 2018 #22 MotoGP 466 May 17th, 2016 04:13 AM
Valentino Rossi thedeal MotoGP 413 June 23rd, 2013 07:51 AM
What happens to VALENTINO ROSSI jhoon MotoGP 23 May 29th, 2006 07:22 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.