MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
November 27th, 2017, 07:32 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,562
Likes: 1406

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
I'm not sure. I haven't watched enough races with him in it.

I don't get to watch them all.

From what I've seen it doesn't seem so.

Don't get me wrong, I'm always rooting for Marc. Just trying to call a spade a spade, as I see it.
I think your argument is valid. Its a matter of opinion for sure. If Marc causes a crash I'm sure it will come back up but I'll stand by his style being aggressive but clean.
Gaz and MadMax like this.
MdubSTYLIE is online now  
 
November 27th, 2017, 07:46 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Knebworth 1979

Posts: 4,715
Likes: 2110

Marc has gotten better since 2015. He learned you can't win titles battling for positions that you have to ride at 11/10ths for since you will crash out doing so. He'll still race hard for positions as seen throughout 2016 and 2017 though so it's not as if he suddenly stopped racing hard. As long as he rides clean it's not a big deal. Austria was too dicey for my liking personally. Just think, if he lost the bike trying to make that impossible overtake, he might not have won the title this year. 2018 will be interesting to see how he handles himself as he has a lot of potential challengers in the wings (Dovi, Zarco, Vinales if M1 is improved, Iannone if Suzuki is improved).
Theo and MadMax like this.
JPSLotus is offline  
November 27th, 2017, 08:19 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 155
Likes: 27

I want the entirety of the 2018 season to be Marquez, Zarco and Iannone on the front row.

No matter what happens at the end of the races, the first laps would be epic.
RCV600RR and ermananis like this.
synn is offline  
November 28th, 2017, 11:19 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 674
Likes: 116

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
I want the entirety of the 2018 season to be Marquez, Zarco and Iannone on the front row.

No matter what happens at the end of the races, the first laps would be epic.
By the 5th race of the season it would be boring, we need more mixers than 3.
Theo is offline  
November 29th, 2017, 01:50 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Southport England

Posts: 924
Likes: 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
Marquez, who had the inside line, ran off the track too - so Rossi sitting on his outside really had no choice.

It's a risky move to cut the track at that speed.

Oh I know that it's just that win should not have stood.
AntG is offline  
November 29th, 2017, 04:15 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 787
Likes: 76

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntG View Post
Oh I know that it's just that win should not have stood.
I would agree with you if he exited the track due to his own mistake. However, if Marquez left him with no-where to go but off the track, I don't think there's a credible case to strip him of the win.

If anything, MM should have be penalized for trying an impossible move (that, let's not forget, took MM off the track too!).
RCV600RR is offline  
November 30th, 2017, 12:13 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 8,503
Likes: 532

I Ride: Many
He left the track because he had to slow down to make the next corner. Marquez had set homself up a better line to overtake rossi and the only way for rossi to win was to cheat. FIM and Dorna should have penalised rossi but they are crap so they didnt.

So ..... some time latet Zarco is about to overtake rossi ..... what does rossi know how to avoid that? Just cheat again ... cos Dorna have ok'd it.
BarryMachine is offline  
November 30th, 2017, 07:42 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 155
Likes: 27

Maybe next time Lin Jarvis can send him a “Suggested Mapping: Map 8” Message.
synn is offline  
November 30th, 2017, 08:26 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 787
Likes: 76

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
He left the track because he had to slow down to make the next corner. Marquez had set homself up a better line to overtake rossi and the only way for rossi to win was to cheat. FIM and Dorna should have penalised rossi but they are crap so they didnt.

So ..... some time latet Zarco is about to overtake rossi ..... what does rossi know how to avoid that? Just cheat again ... cos Dorna have ok'd it.
I would agree if he could make the next corner, but I think it was impossible to make the next corner. Rossi was on the outside, and Marquez himself ran off the track limits (after snatching the inside line).

He couldn't slow down any further on corner entry to the first corner because he was already trailbraking on the limit, and the pass happened right at the apex. You can't give much more braking force at that part of the corner without crashing. I'm not sure if you've done much racing, but a rider would need to slow for the first corner and make the apex for the first corner to make the second - especially at that pace.

Last edited by RCV600RR; November 30th, 2017 at 08:33 AM.
RCV600RR is offline  
November 30th, 2017, 05:32 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 9,380
Likes: 1546

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
I would agree if he could make the next corner, but I think it was impossible to make the next corner. Rossi was on the outside, and Marquez himself ran off the track limits (after snatching the inside line).

He couldn't slow down any further on corner entry to the first corner because he was already trailbraking on the limit, and the pass happened right at the apex. You can't give much more braking force at that part of the corner without crashing. I'm not sure if you've done much racing, but a rider would need to slow for the first corner and make the apex for the first corner to make the second - especially at that pace.
I am with you on this. Barry might well be a better judge than I am, but I thought at the time watching live even going for MM over Rossi because that result would have helped Jorge's title chances that there was no way MM was making that corner on a racing line whatever his future intentions. I guess whether Rossi would have made the corner himself is another question which I didn't consider and haven't really considered
michaelm is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2015, suppo, valencia



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rossi at Valencia 2015 simulation moto vudu MotoGP 4 October 28th, 2015 09:29 PM
Valencia 2015 - Roll call shovelhead MotoGP 2 October 26th, 2015 01:16 AM
Valencia 2015 pheonix686 MotoGP 20 October 23rd, 2015 02:22 PM
VIP Valencia 2015 Mazzie MotoGP Social 0 August 29th, 2015 10:18 AM
Suppo to leave Ducati after Valencia #22 MotoGP 47 November 10th, 2009 04:36 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2017 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.