MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree69Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
November 7th, 2017, 07:16 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: Chicagoland

Posts: 28
Likes: 10

Mat Oxley trying to broach the subject without actually touching the main reason. The comments thou are revealing

?He was already world champion!?
Jakrap is offline  
 
November 7th, 2017, 07:32 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2016
From: Venus

Posts: 142
Likes: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakrap View Post
Mat Oxley trying to broach the subject without actually touching the main reason. The comments thou are revealing

?He was already world champion!?
he's not a coward. nor a pussy.

and this post not meant to be sarcastic.
HelloMars is offline  
November 8th, 2017, 12:58 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
J4rn0's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Tuscany, Italy

Posts: 3,745
Likes: 620

I Ride: Yamaha and Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
Certainly, something odd was going on within the factory garage. Viñales was the factory’s leading rider but he wasn’t getting what he wanted. Yamaha wouldn’t even allow him to reveal which chassis he was using. “They won’t let me tell you,” he said, looking more confused and demoralised than ever.

Although Viñales now complained mostly about acceleration traction and wheelspin, his rider coach Wilco Zeelenberg believes the change of front tyre was the season’s turning point. With the 06, “Maverick could do anything with the bike,”

As I’ve said all along, yes , Yamaha tossed a championship contending bike out the window when they backed Rossi’s revolt for a new front tire.
Vinales' problems started before the 06 tire: he was using the 06 at Jerez, as I pointed out already, and what happened there? I understand that traction problems are sometimes difficult to separate from tire problems (and electronics problems), but that's clear enough.
RCV600RR likes this.
J4rn0 is offline  
November 8th, 2017, 01:03 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
J4rn0's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Tuscany, Italy

Posts: 3,745
Likes: 620

I Ride: Yamaha and Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
Uh J4Rn0, this is the team that chased a triple world champion out the door to Ducati because of Rossi. They would chase down a developmental dead end to please Rossi.

Disagree. Yamaha offered him a contract and he rejected it. Lorenzo may have suffered the situation with Rossi in 2015-16, certainly, so he went for Ducati's $$$, -- just as Rossi had done before. And that's fair enough.

You could as well say that in 2011 Yamaha chased Rossi to please Lorenzo. And that would be wrong as well.
danski likes this.
J4rn0 is offline  
November 8th, 2017, 04:27 AM   #25
#22
Senior Member
 
#22's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: In Cider

Posts: 3,781
Likes: 1640

Not just for money Jarno, it was the fact he felt wholly under appreciated at Yamaha, a team he has won 3 titles for in the previous 6 seasons.

Very few people, especially top sports stars, will stay at an employer they feel doesn't value them. Ducati value Lorenzo.
#22 is offline  
November 8th, 2017, 04:33 AM   #26
#22
Senior Member
 
#22's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: In Cider

Posts: 3,781
Likes: 1640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakrap View Post
Mat Oxley trying to broach the subject without actually touching the main reason. The comments thou are revealing

?He was already world champion!?
Ugh, I struggled to read after the first paragraph...

Quote:
It’s been a strange year for Maverick Viñales. He has lived his first season in the shadow of the sport’s brightest sun – Valentino Rossi – and has become a shadow of his former self.
Clever wording once again to make it look like Rossi has 'broken' yet another team mate....
#22 is offline  
November 8th, 2017, 04:37 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
JohnnyKnockdown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: unda cheese

Posts: 4,603
Likes: 817

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4rn0 View Post
Disagree. Yamaha offered him a contract and he rejected it. Lorenzo may have suffered the situation with Rossi in 2015-16, certainly, so he went for Ducati's $$$, -- just as Rossi had done before. And that's fair enough.

You could as well say that in 2011 Yamaha chased Rossi to please Lorenzo. And that would be wrong as well.
This place is a case study in, if you say it enough times, it becomes truth.
Your wasting your time J4. These people look at yellow and see red
J4rn0 likes this.
JohnnyKnockdown is offline  
November 8th, 2017, 05:44 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 9,380
Likes: 1546

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKnockdown View Post
This place is a case study in, if you say it enough times, it becomes truth.
Your wasting your time J4. These people look at yellow and see red
Not so imo, Lorenzo went from saying he wanted to retire as a Yamaha icon like the other Yamaha triple world champions to out of there in a couple of months, and he doesn't need the money.

Imo Rossi left in 2010 because he felt under-appreciated as well.
Dr No likes this.
michaelm is offline  
November 8th, 2017, 07:41 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
J4rn0's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Tuscany, Italy

Posts: 3,745
Likes: 620

I Ride: Yamaha and Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by #22 View Post
Not just for money Jarno, it was the fact he felt wholly under appreciated at Yamaha, a team he has won 3 titles for in the previous 6 seasons.

Very few people, especially top sports stars, will stay at an employer they feel doesn't value them. Ducati value Lorenzo.
I do not think it was "just" for the money -- but in the problematic circumstances, money also mattered. Similar as for Rossi before him.

I think also that at Yamaha they try to be fair and look at the Company's interest first. Hey, they hired Lorenzo in 2008 -- why? Was Rossi happy?
J4rn0 is offline  
November 8th, 2017, 08:25 AM   #30
#22
Senior Member
 
#22's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: In Cider

Posts: 3,781
Likes: 1640

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4rn0 View Post

I think also that at Yamaha they try to be fair and look at the Company's interest first. Hey, they hired Lorenzo in 2008 -- why? Was Rossi happy?
Yes and no. Certainly in that time they did, and I feel they were trying to line up a potential replacement for Rossi when he retired, which most probably expected to be much sooner than now. However now, it has been shown repeatedly that both Yamaha and Dorna answer to Rossi. Rossi's draw now is the merchandising and fanbase. After all, it wasn't Yamaha RACING that wanted him back in 2012, it was Yamaha MARKETING.

Another example is not once has there been a mention of Yamaha dropping Rossi. Whenever talk orf retirement comes up it is always on Rossi and Yamaha have inferred that he will have a bike as long as he wants to continue. What would happen if he was running around in the lower echelons of the top 10 and still wanting contract renewals? I expect he'd get them, given his marketing appeal to Yamaha, at the expense of riders like Zarco.

I seriously doubt any other rider would have been propelled back onto a reigning championship Yamaha after the two seasons he had at Ducati.
Theo likes this.
#22 is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
woes, yamahas



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Dani overtake both Yamahas? BarryMachine MotoGP 9 July 18th, 2016 03:22 AM
the year i was born! yamahas 1st foray in gp racing! frosty58 MotoGP 7 May 29th, 2010 01:20 PM
Pedrosa chassis woes Talpa MotoGP 77 May 4th, 2010 12:30 AM
Stiggy to run Yamahas? mylexicon World Superbike 1 September 3rd, 2009 04:18 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2017 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.