MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree16Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
February 9th, 2018, 08:40 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,587
Likes: 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
By Rossi and everyone else who can manage to put in more than 10 laps without a trail of liquid feces erupting from their rear end in spectacular fashion.

Good try though. B+ for effort.
I apologise to primary schoolchildren for equating you with them in a post earlier today.
michaelm is offline  
 
February 10th, 2018, 07:54 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
Little Walter's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Stratosphere

Posts: 693
Likes: 286

I Ride: Whatever I can steal
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
The gotcha moment was your first post, after which everything subsequently was entirely predictable despite your protestations.
The troll phenomenon is an intriguing (tho not fascinating) one. Is it not?
They post things that not even the most gullible person would buy into
(ala Trump) and delude themselves that they've achieved something
when in fact everybody other than a few other simpleton trolls, knows
there's absolutely no substance to their posts. And as you say, in the wake
of Pinky, Shinya, Talpa and a long line of troll clones, they're all chronically
ordinary, reading from the same standardized script. Ants from the same colony
as it were; yet another "Mouse that roared".

Last edited by Little Walter; February 10th, 2018 at 08:27 AM.
Little Walter is offline  
February 10th, 2018, 08:30 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,449
Likes: 1378

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
The troll phenomenon is an intriguing (tho not fascinating) one. Is it not?
They post things that not even the most gullible person would buy into
(ala Trump) and delude themselves that they've achieved something
when in fact everybody other than a few other simpleton trolls, knows
there's absolutely no substance to their posts. And as you say, in the wake
of Pinky, Shinya, Talpa and a long line of troll clones, they're all chronically
ordinary, reading from the same standardized script. Ants from the same colony
as it were; yet another "Mouse that roared".
They keep trying to put you on the defensive by lobbing insults and tangental accusations. It’s how stupid people win arguments. Smart people fall into the trap because they want to prove how smart they are, and think they can establish baseline truth by answering every little accusation. All it does is keep the burden of proof on you, and the other person has only to sit back and keep changing the subject. You do all the work and they get to feel like they made a monkey of you.

IMHO - Best way to show you're smarter than a troll, is to not engage them.
Theo likes this.

Last edited by Keshav; February 10th, 2018 at 12:10 PM.
Keshav is offline  
February 10th, 2018, 03:02 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,587
Likes: 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
They keep trying to put you on the defensive by lobbing insults and tangental accusations. It’s how stupid people win arguments. Smart people fall into the trap because they want to prove how smart they are, and think they can establish baseline truth by answering every little accusation. All it does is keep the burden of proof on you, and the other person has only to sit back and keep changing the subject. You do all the work and they get to feel like they made a monkey of you.

IMHO - Best way to show you're smarter than a troll, is to not engage them.
I don’t think everyone who disagrees with me is a troll though.

I didn’t think Talpa was at all for instance. Pinky and Shinya were obviously a different matter.

Last edited by michaelm; February 10th, 2018 at 03:26 PM.
michaelm is offline  
February 10th, 2018, 03:56 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,449
Likes: 1378

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I donít think everyone who disagrees with me is a troll though.

I didnít think Talpa was at all for instance. Pinky and Shinya were obviously a different matter.
Okay - I'll grant you that Talpa is not perfect example, tho he did utilize a lot of troll tools. IMHO - a lot of trolls don't see themselves that way. Some delude themselves that they're iconoclastic comics, whilst others are convinced that they're heroic disruptive radical anarchists upsetting the status quo. In all events they're always mean-spirited types whose bread and butter is spoiling the fun of strangers who've never done them any harm.
Keshav is offline  
February 10th, 2018, 04:17 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,587
Likes: 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Okay - I'll grant you that Talpa is not perfect example, tho he did utilize a lot of troll tools. IMHO - a lot of trolls don't see themselves that way. Some delude themselves that they're iconoclastic comics, whilst others are convinced that they're heroic disruptive radical anarchists upsetting the status quo. In all events they're always mean-spirited types whose bread and butter is spoiling the fun of strangers who've never done them any harm.
I am well aware of the major tactic, which is to try and pick small holes in arguments and attempt to draw the implication this discredits the whole argument, while not offering/requiring of themselves any defense of extreme positions of their own; I debated the famous/infamous Wosi on another forum for a year a while back. Part of the fun for me is to attempt to not leave even small holes, or to deliberately leave a small hole and anticipate the line of attack.

I do recognise that there is a fine line between trolling and counter trolling, and do only argue positions I genuinely hold and against arguments with which I disagree. My only real objection is to genuine malice, with which I don’t believe Talpa for instance operated.
michaelm is offline  
February 10th, 2018, 08:55 PM   #67
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,682
Likes: 2073

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Okay - I'll grant you that Talpa is not perfect example, tho he did utilize a lot of troll tools. IMHO - a lot of trolls don't see themselves that way. Some delude themselves that they're iconoclastic comics, whilst others are convinced that they're heroic disruptive radical anarchists upsetting the status quo. In all events they're always mean-spirited types whose bread and butter is spoiling the fun of strangers who've never done them any harm.
IMO only here (and I will feel dirty about saying it given the history between us) but Talps was no troll.

Sure he was a died in the wool, piss yellow whist wearing his #46 ugh boots, undies and jacket Rossi acolyte ........... but no troll.

Yes he found it difficult to see other's view points when they opposed his or challenged Rossi, and was one of the early ones to label this joint a 'Rossi hating forum' but far from a troll ............ certainly if we use modern trolls as a guide.

Talps could and occasionally did talk MotoGP with a reverence as he did truly love the sport but he could not see beyond the yellow mist, which he is far far from alone in that aspect.

Me and him had some serious battles (and to this day I consider him a bit of a dickhead but I say that with a smile on the face as us Aussies can) in the joint and yes, he posted some stuff purely to get a 'rise' out of people but he was nowhere near many that have come and gone since.

But worst of all ............ he is a Queenslander so that says all that needs to be said
michaelm and Keshav like this.

Last edited by Gaz; February 10th, 2018 at 08:58 PM.
Gaz is offline  
February 10th, 2018, 08:58 PM   #68
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,682
Likes: 2073

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
My only real objection is to genuine malice, with which I donít believe Talpa for instance operated.
And from memory, it was malice that made Talps post that he would never return to this place - and true to his word he has not (that I have seen)




God, I still feel dirty after that .............
Gaz is offline  
February 10th, 2018, 09:12 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,434
Likes: 977

I Ride: Many
Wasnt it talps who threatened to get his mate at channel 10 to stop transmitting GPs.


He was a funny bugger.
michaelm and Gaz like this.
BarryMachine is online now  
February 10th, 2018, 11:57 PM   #70
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,682
Likes: 2073

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Wasnt it talps who threatened to get his mate at channel 10 to stop transmitting GPs.


He was a funny bugger.


Yes it was Baz, and all because of a buck toothed brat as well who was getting to much airtime.


But again mate, he is a Queenslander and they are a different breed up there lol
Gaz is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
casey, ducati, joins, marlboro, stoner, team



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Ducati Fixed Casey Stoner's Front End Woes Pigeon MotoGP 15 October 29th, 2010 03:57 AM
Ducati To Lose Marlboro? Keshav MotoGP 14 July 23rd, 2010 08:30 AM
THE DUCATI MARLBORO TEAM ARRIVES ON ASIAN SHORES. BEN MotoGP 0 April 21st, 2006 02:41 AM
Ducati Marlboro Men 'A TUTTO GAS' Moto GP News Bot MotoGP 0 May 27th, 2005 08:16 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.