MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree144Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
October 30th, 2017, 06:28 AM   #91
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 8,394
Likes: 1012

I Ride: DRZ400sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
From his comments I think Lorenzo was confident he could've challenged for the win whether his confidence was warranted or not we don't know. He's been fading this year down the stretch but did have a smarter strategy and the rain could've helped him with tyre life. He was ecstatic with his other podiums but this one was an almost complete 180 in attitude, he did the team thing or feels he did and it could just simply be something he was totally uncomfortable doing. He could feel like he was expected to help Ducati(in his opinion)cheat. He could feel that was his last shot at winning this season with Ducati having a less than stellar record at Valencia. He might feel now that with the championship where it is even if he has the pace to win he will be told not to in Valencia. He knows how he feels on the bike better than anyone here does and he genuinely might not think that he can ride the Ducati to a win under normal conditions. It could so many things and a combination, he was caught in a horrible situation I'm sure he did want to be in and was going to cop crap for it no matter which way he went.

Something I just considered is for Lorenzo in a way it's Deja vu from Valencia 2015 in that if he wins in Valencia his team/factory will be disappointed that the championship didn't go the way they had hoped. Instead of excitement and happiness he will be surrounded by disappointment.
By the time they all arrive at Valencia (if not right now) Ducati will be resigned to what appears to be inevitable. They will have to settle for beating the pants off of Yamaha and having given giant Honda a great fight. My guess is they're already having head sessions in part concerning how rapidly KTM with massive funding is gaining momentum.
Theo and JPSLotus like this.

Last edited by Keshav; October 30th, 2017 at 06:30 AM.
Keshav is offline  
 
October 30th, 2017, 08:39 AM   #92
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Knebworth 1979

Posts: 4,715
Likes: 2110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
By the time they all arrive at Valencia (if not right now) Ducati will be resigned to what appears to be inevitable. They will have to settle for beating the pants off of Yamaha and having given giant Honda a great fight. My guess is they're already having head sessions in part concerning how rapidly KTM with massive funding is gaining momentum.
Well I wouldn't say anything is inevitable. Marquez winning the title while the most likely scenario is not a foregone conclusion by any means. Anything can happen as we all know from that most unlikeliest of scenarios in 2006.
JPSLotus is offline  
October 30th, 2017, 09:30 AM   #93
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 787
Likes: 76

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
We have been to Valencia before in this circumstance, in 2013, despite all blandishments from JL to race him a then very young MM took the points and the title. It is going to take a mechanical basically, or a very strange riding error, there aren't the riders and bikes out there who can restrict MM to worse than 10th however hard they try to block him particularly since he is entirely likely to be starting from considerably better than 10th on the grid.

If MM is running 4th in the later laps I doubt there would be any requirement for JL to give up a prospective win at Valencia, which is a great track for Jorge but as you say not so much for Ducati. I don't think he would have regarded it as cheating to give way to Dovi at Sepang if he did, this would actually be hypocrital given his attitude at Motegi 2010, but as you say he may well think another chance for a Ducati win for him might be a long time coming, with such a win alone meaning he would surpass Rossi at Ducati which could just possibly be a motive for him, and the chance for Dovi for which he has made the sacrifice (again if he did) being rather a slim one as I have said. I agree it is entirely possible for Jorge to have worked out how to be faster than Dovi in an individual race particularly in unusual conditions, he is no slouch and has had nearly a whole season to do so.
JL already was much faster at Aragon and Jerez...
RCV600RR is offline  
October 30th, 2017, 09:47 AM   #94
Senior Member
 
Iamapony's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Santa Cruz, Cal

Posts: 458
Likes: 174

I Ride: BMW, Honda, and another Honda
A. Did not the people who pay Lorenzo say that they expected Lorenzo to do the right thing? I don't know how anyone could think that wasn't a Ducati team order, considering they told the whole world. Whether that slip was an accident or not, Lorenzo stated that he was careful not to endanger Dovizioso's lead, once he was passed by Dovizioso.

B. The only reason that this championship is going on is because Marquez had a catastrophic engine failure. Duh! This championship would have been over already without that Honda mistake that had NOTHING to do with Marquez nor Dovizioso. Thus, it is still very possible that AD could win, but it will to be due to uncontrolled circumstances that give him the title.

Last edited by Iamapony; October 30th, 2017 at 12:19 PM.
Iamapony is offline  
October 30th, 2017, 10:10 AM   #95
Senior Member
 
Deefer Dogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: UK

Posts: 150
Likes: 87

Agree it will be circumstances that give him the title but some times that happens and that's just your donald duck.

Dovi has made the best of his chances though. Right from his first win whilst suffering food poisoning. Big ask to win at Valencia on the duke.
Deefer Dogg is offline  
October 30th, 2017, 10:16 AM   #96
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 8,394
Likes: 1012

I Ride: DRZ400sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
Well I wouldn't say anything is inevitable. Marquez winning the title while the most likely scenario is not a foregone conclusion by any means. Anything can happen as we all know from that most unlikeliest of scenarios in 2006.
I've avoided posing that scenario, because I don't want to jinx things. I'm rooting for Dovi.
Keshav is offline  
October 30th, 2017, 10:29 AM   #97
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Canada

Posts: 111
Likes: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
B. The only reason that this championship is going on is because Marquez had a catastrophic engine failure. Duh! This championship would have been over already without that Honda mistake that had NOTHING to do with Marquez nor Dovizioso. Thus, it is still very possible that AD could win, but it will to be circumstances that give him the title.
I find myself thinking like that too, but I don't think it' the right way to look at it. That engine failure was part of the Honda effort this year and if they lose the championship because of it it's just as valid as if a rider screws up a race.

Vinales could say the championship should be his, but for circumstance, using that logic.
RCV600RR and Mick D like this.
MadMax is offline  
October 30th, 2017, 11:25 AM   #98
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 787
Likes: 76

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post

B. The only reason that this championship is going on is because Marquez had a catastrophic engine failure. Duh! This championship would have been over already without that Honda mistake that had NOTHING to do with Marquez nor Dovizioso. Thus, it is still very possible that AD could win, but it will to be circumstances that give him the title.
What about Dovi getting taken out by Aleix?
Mick D likes this.
RCV600RR is offline  
October 30th, 2017, 11:41 AM   #99
Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: El Paso, TX

Posts: 64
Likes: 26

So which strategy would you choose for Marquez? With a 21 point lead, the only chance for Dovi to win is to win the race, and MM finishing worse than 11th, since a Dovi win would mean 7 vs 6 race wins, and Dovi would win if MM ended 12th, due to a tie. Since basically the only scenarios for MM to finish less than 11th are a crash or mechanical failure, my strategy is simple:

Put a brand new engine on his bike (I'm assuming he already used the allotted amount. Couldn't find that info).

Thay way, all 3 possible issues are minimized: mechanical DNF, MM pushing too hard to win and crashing out, and others (Rossi?) trying to crash him. That way, he'd be stupid to try to push for a win with a grid penalty, and would just take it easy hopefully out of harm's way far from the aggressive pack at the front.

Last edited by elptxjc; October 30th, 2017 at 11:44 AM.
elptxjc is offline  
October 30th, 2017, 12:45 PM   #100
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 674
Likes: 116

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto vudu View Post
You're just a Marquez fanboy that's worried he is going to choke at the final round. You guys love to dream up conspiracies since simply watching the sport as it is doesn't seem to be enough entertainment for you.
Fucked Rossi recently have you........wanker
Theo is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2017, malaysiangp



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AustralianGP 2017 Jumkie MotoGP 273 October 30th, 2017 07:31 PM
TT 2017 AntG Isle of Man 67 August 31st, 2017 01:16 PM
Indy 500 2017 povol Motorsports 0 May 28th, 2017 11:05 AM
Qatar Rd 1 2017 povol MotoGP 493 April 7th, 2017 01:56 PM
who do you think will win the 2017 championship? shaunna MotoGP 74 March 28th, 2017 10:33 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2017 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.