MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree67Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
September 21st, 2017, 04:53 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Iamapony's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Santa Cruz, Cal

Posts: 458
Likes: 174

I Ride: BMW, Honda, and another Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by danski View Post
So much outrage when idiots at the track cheer fallen riders but when Theo wishes serious injury on Rossi nothing is said!
Double standards much?
I can only assume there is tacit approval of statement #4.
I empathize with your vexation. One thing I really don't tolerate is wishing harm on racers. Isn't this why many are so upset at Rossi fans cheering others crashing? Really irritating behavior, no matter the rider. And unacceptable. I am seriously happy that Rossi is okay and able to race, again.

While I can not be sure, but it appears that the Theo is indeed attempting to raise your ire, and not being a sadistic Rossi hater. He can't get to voodoo anymore because that chickenshit has disappeared. YOU, however, are a stronger personality and are still here for the mud-slinging. I am sure you can wipe the dirt from your face and soldier on. Here, have a Sete Gibernau memorial "Rossi stole my win" towel to soak-up the crocodile tears.
Theo likes this.
Iamapony is offline  
 
September 21st, 2017, 07:04 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,192
Likes: 3381

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4rn0 View Post
It's natural not growing suddenly sympathetic with Rossi only because he's injured, for people used to bash him every day -- but maybe leaving in peace a rider with a broken leg shouldn't be that difficult, uh? Certainly more intelligent than accusing him of faking, or more elegant than wishing him to break more bones... Just relax.
J4, you're back to rooting for VR? Poor Dovi, maybe he should try the injury sympathy strategy.

Theon's post is an obvious play on the Misano boo birds. It's a good thing you posted on the Misano race thread to rebuke such un-elegant behavior. Maybe it got lost in translation, though I donít know Daniboy's excuse since he's an English speaker.

Nobody is relishing in Rossi's injury but rather using the occasion to point out the double standards, the disproportional sympathy, and the assignment of supposed extraordinary heroism. I invite you to watch the pre-event preshow. The chick and the bald guy were orgasming on the comeback of the century. They interviewed Massimo Meregali, who was trying to put it into perspective, saying injuries are different and this one allows VR to come back relatively quick, the commentators ignored him and continued falling over themselves to praise the super human feat.

That wasn't enough, the reporter's just needed more on the subject. Kropo using the opportunity to ask Rossi the redundant question, so Rossi, when did you know you were coming back this 'early', when you sat at home watching the Misano race (just a few days removed from incident)? Nominate Rossi for the Nobel prize for inspiring comebacks.

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
Theo likes this.

Last edited by Jumkie; September 21st, 2017 at 07:15 PM.
Jumkie is offline  
September 21st, 2017, 09:19 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 9,380
Likes: 1546

All these guys are tough beyond the measure of mortal men, as this and numerous previous episodes demonstrate. For me Lauda returning to race F1 a few races after nearly burning to death and getting the last rites because he was still in the title race, and Mick Doohan in 1992 coming back for the last 2 races after all but losing his leg are the most remarkable, particularly Lauda. Rossi's return from the previous compound leg fracture showed a fair amount of fortitude as well, that was an horrendous looking injury.

Good luck to him, I have no problem recognising that he is a tough bastard for coming back so soon at age 38. On Krop's site they are saying he wants to position himself for next year, which may have merit, I can imagine him reflecting that missing those races in 2010 didn't work out well for him at Yamaha.
michaelm is offline  
September 21st, 2017, 09:34 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,070
Likes: 374

Athletes almost no matter the sport do things that are superhuman to play. Even as a junior I played a season of footy with a broken vertebrae and I played 3 weeks after I broke my jaw because otherwise my team was going to forfeit. It doesn't mean Rossi riding 3 weeks after he broke his leg isn't tough but the fanfare about is what I hate. It's not comparable to Ali fighting 10 rounds against a monster like Ken Norton with a broken jaw, it's not comparable to the condition that Doohan rode in after he shattered his leg, it's not comparable with Lorenzo racing less than 48 hours after having his broken collarbone repaired, it's not comparable with Dippierdeminco and Lappin playing football with broken ribs and a punctured lung. But the media is going to pedal the idea that it's some kind of superhuman effort on the same level of things we've seen done every year by athletes in worse situations.

Edit to add: having dislocated my should twice I'm not convinced what Rossi is doing is as hard as when Marquez rode hours after dislocating his shoulder.
Theo likes this.

Last edited by p4p1; September 21st, 2017 at 09:39 PM.
p4p1 is offline  
September 21st, 2017, 10:17 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 9,380
Likes: 1546

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
Athletes almost no matter the sport do things that are superhuman to play. Even as a junior I played a season of footy with a broken vertebrae and I played 3 weeks after I broke my jaw because otherwise my team was going to forfeit. It doesn't mean Rossi riding 3 weeks after he broke his leg isn't tough but the fanfare about is what I hate. It's not comparable to Ali fighting 10 rounds against a monster like Ken Norton with a broken jaw, it's not comparable to the condition that Doohan rode in after he shattered his leg, it's not comparable with Lorenzo racing less than 48 hours after having his broken collarbone repaired, it's not comparable with Dippierdeminco and Lappin playing football with broken ribs and a punctured lung. But the media is going to pedal the idea that it's some kind of superhuman effort on the same level of things we've seen done every year by athletes in worse situations.

Edit to add: having dislocated my should twice I'm not convinced what Rossi is doing is as hard as when Marquez rode hours after dislocating his shoulder.
Yes, I always remember Lorenzo riding at Assen when Jorge is accused of being wussy. It had been considered remarkable, and doubtless was, that Colin Edwards had ridden 9 days after having a fractured clavicle plated previously.
Dr No and Theo like this.
michaelm is offline  
September 21st, 2017, 11:15 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
danski's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: A caravan on an island

Posts: 1,539
Likes: 411

I Ride: Shanks pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
J4, you're back to rooting for VR? Poor Dovi, maybe he should try the injury sympathy strategy.

Theon's post is an obvious play on the Misano boo birds. It's a good thing you posted on the Misano race thread to rebuke such un-elegant behavior. Maybe it got lost in translation, though I donít know Daniboy's excuse since he's an English speaker.

.

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
Perhaps you should read further than the third point he made!
Some things should never be said even in jest, ie past the point of decency. Maybe your anti Rossi campaign is clouding your vision.


danski is offline  
September 22nd, 2017, 12:01 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 9,380
Likes: 1546

Quote:
Originally Posted by danski View Post
Perhaps you should read further than the third point he made!
Some things should never be said even in jest, ie past the point of decency. Maybe your anti Rossi campaign is clouding your vision.


Yes, you have been well and truly vindicated.

An off colour remark by one poster on here, endorsed by no-one, more than counterbalances all the persecution of Rossi's rivals by the Valeban for the the last 15 or more years, including all the mockery/gleeful gloating about Rossi having supposedly caused Casey Stoner's mental disintegration during his health issues in 2009, the repeated cheering of MM's and Lorenzo's crashes live at the circuits in actual reality rather than hypothetically, etc, etc.
Keshav, Theo and p4p1 like this.
michaelm is offline  
September 22nd, 2017, 01:15 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Southport England

Posts: 925
Likes: 458

I think people forget Doohan coming back with an injury, McGuinness and Dunlop doing the TT with broken wrists in recent years and of course Jamie Whitham racing with cancer back in 1995.
AntG is online now  
September 22nd, 2017, 01:19 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 8,503
Likes: 532

I Ride: Many
Didnt Edwards get a 2nd to Stoner the GOAT at silverstone in torrential circumstances?

All with a broken collarbone.
BarryMachine is offline  
September 22nd, 2017, 01:59 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Southport England

Posts: 925
Likes: 458

I'd be fuming if I were Van Der Mark, going through all the bullshit only to find out you're not racing.
AntG is online now  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
leg, rossi



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forget Bayliss vs. Rossi, who wants to see Spies vs. Rossi? eltoro MotoGP 94 March 20th, 2009 01:17 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2017 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.