MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree36Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
September 7th, 2017, 11:55 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,056
Likes: 3283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post

Both are in some way right, yet both are in some way wrong.
Alright Gazzy, for the sake of argument...

Not at all, Brooks is 100% wrong, period. Just because Aleix Esp responded by taking a dig at Brooks with some needle doesn't make him wrong, it was fair game. There is no requirement for Aleix to rise above, and his reply doesn’t equate a thinness of skin. Regardless of Aleix's delivery, the fact is 'he is racing in MotoGP' and by that he's earned the right to decide what is too dangerous to race for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
This started because Brookes posted a tongue in cheek image of a blue dress as a response to Aleix's tweet which was relayed to Brookes and then back to Aleix by a third party (the dress is basically saying - big girl).
You ever heard of the wise saying, 'don't start nuthin, there won't be nuthin.'? Ya'll talk about safety in racing, now when a rider in his own right voices his concern, he is wrong, petulant, thin skinned? Brooks should have closed his mouth, his opinion is irrelevant at best, ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Aleix then got into the 'I am faster in the wet than you will ever be in the dry as well as 'easy from your sofa' and then went on to his having lost Salom last year (2 weeks ago, Brookes was present when a rider passed at BSB but Aleix did not know or ignored it). It was during this exchange where Brookes' made the 'give people who want a go' comment.
First of all, Aleix is right, Brooks is slower than him. Espargaro threw in the rain part and making a nobody famous for added needle. And it's funny too because im sure it burned Brooks privately, Brooks reminds me of arrogant Cuntslow, big fucking mouth that needs someone to throw back grenades when he throws darts. This is precisely why I like Aleix Espargaro, because he doesn't back down to chickenshit comments like Rossi made (in a practice incident) which Espargaro responded to by telling him to fuck off.

Espargaro may not be following BSB but for sure as hell Brooks and a lot more people are following GP, so bringing up Salom in reference to track safety was appropriate, given his death was due to a track condition that caused his fatal injury and was changed for the race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Brookes' point about 'if you dont want to ride, then give someone a chance who does' is, for mine something that people call for all the time - 'how would rider X go' etc and is something that we praise the likes of West (as example) of trying to do, so for mine, no harm. Couple this with the sheer fact that Brookes' has had no opportunity at MotoGp (has done WSBK with BMW for a year) and yet Aleix has 1 podium in 8 seasons (2 in 200 GP races) and perhaps we start to see why some riders get frustrated when statements of 'I will not ride' are made.
A lot in this paragraph, but I'll cover all of it. First, what do you mean 'all the time'? These types of situations are extremely rare (a rider declaring to sit out a race over safety) and with good reason, because the FIM for the most part goes through a process of approving GP circuits. I think you're padding the argument here for sentimental value in favor of Brooks, but it's a long stretch. Brooks isn't any more manly than Aleix, in fact I'd give the nod to Espargaro in this case because I seriously doubt Brooks would have the balls to say "fuck you" to Rossi, and that's as brave as it goes in this niche. Whilst arrogant big mouths like Cuntslow are kissing Rossi ass, Aleix has the balls to put his nuts on the chop block.

I'm surprised with your take on Brookes' flippant comment on something serious my friend, given your experience working at tracks. Are you taking Brooks side a bit because he's an Aussie? (You see, that's a bit of needle.) Do you remember another Aussie once declaring he would refuse to race over safety concerns, a one Mat Mladin. Oh yeah, he not only refused to race, he packed up and went home (AMA Kansas circa 09). I don't know if twitter existed back then, but surely you would have (and others on this thread) defended Brooks telling Mladin he was acting like a girl, and give someone who wants to ride a go. Absurd right? Haha.

Mind-boggling false comparison to compare Westy's commendable commitment to race and Brooks petulant flippant comment. Westy was rightly given kudos on this unique forum (the minority of GP fandom) for making a highly unpopular declaration, that he rejected Rossi’s unwritten rule, and stated he would, get this, 'race hard' and not pull over for anyone! Given his own sacrifices and respect for the sport, I think Westy's statement was brave, unfortunately the pressure from the Yellow Petition Mob likely drove him to take it down from his social media.

Brooks has plenty of experience in racing as you say, therefore, plenty of opportunities to impress someone in GP. It hasn't happened. Granted I don’t know much about Brooks career, but I've seen enough Wsbk &BSB to know he's had a chance, and despite wining a BSB title, he hasn't quite emerged as GP material. And I'll add, Brooks' willingness and desire to race in the big show is not unique or special, so let's not look at his flippant dig at Aleix like some extraordinary commitment to race in the pinnacle of sport.

Listing Aleix's raw stats in GP is far below your knowledge of context. After all, isn't A . Espargaro a MotoGP-CRT 'double' back to back Champion? List his wins and podiums in the CRT category too. Meanwhile you got Cuntslow showing up in parc firme in Xth place looking like he did something special on a "independent" in name only RCV. Cuntslow, a veteran, gets away with looking smug in parc firme when he's "beat" others on 2 year old Ducatis, first year KTMs, and mediocre Suzukis. Oh and a few rookies at Tech3. Incidentally, Cuntslow isn't even leading the independent team points, a rookie is beating him. This should put Aleix's stats you listed a bit more in perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Brookes' does race IoM and circuit as well as having a large dirt background so he well knows of danger and dangerous circuits (dare I say that some of the BSB rounds are held at circuits that could not and would not host internationally sanctioned events'.
We got BSB coverage a few years, but they stopped showing it this season. So I don’t know what's going on and I don’t have the motivation to download races like in the past. But I remember seeing Brookes ride and was impressed with his tenacity. But I also remember some screw ups too. US coverage of IOM, NW200, Northern Ireland Ulster are covered in highlights. So I didn't remember Brookes rode, but his racing pedigree is hardly unique and less so earth shattering in relative comparison to most MotoGP riders. Brookes comments in perspective would be like AMA champ (raced on dangerous tracks) Cameron Beaubier tweeting to a MotoGP rider, what you're too scared to race, give me a go son. Cameron wouldn't ever say something so ludicrous, and if he did, it would be foolish to defend him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
For mine, with Bias hat on (hard to do as Brookes is very pro-Yellow masses), Aleix comes out of this far far worse as it shows how easy it is to get underneath his skin and perhaps he should start to concentrate on improving and bettering himself before worrying about another rider against whom he does not compete (Pol also took a snap at Stoner regarding CS' comments praising Kallio's ride).
Disagree, Aleix is still in MotoGP, scoring points against riders that are world champions in GP's categories and Wsbk; Brookes is still relatively nobody, his moment of tweet fame has extinguished. Brookes comes out of this looking like an also ran who opened up his big mouth, one never good enough for the big show, his comment drawing attention to his career, as I'm sure people Googled him upon learning about his spat with a 'MotoGP rider.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
I do however enjoy Aleix's comments regarding wet weather as in all of the series that Brookes has competed in, he is somewhat of a rain meister so I would bank on Brookes on equal machinery again Aleix.
I wouldn't. Aleix has scored good points on inferior machines against good riders on better machines when rain seemingly equalized the parity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Ah well, that all said, Aleix will remain due to passport whilst Brookes will go off to ride Suzuka, BSB, IoM and other road races
Well, i can tell you where Brookes wont be racing, MotoGP. Though I'm sympathetic to the passport argument, Dog knows that's how Cuntslow got and remains in GP, Brookes case is not a matter of passport, it's a matter of performance. I'm sure he knows it, and that's why Aleix's needle was particularly deployed.



Gaz, do you guys have an Aussie version of Hack Oxley? You could use one, given Oxley loves to jump to the defense of riders that have underperformed like making Cuntslow into some kind of a hero for crashing so much, and Lowes for sucking and blaming Aprilia for paying him to sit it out. The irony Oxley using a quote from Cuntslow no less to express his disgust at the "disgraceful" situation to describe Aprilia shortening a contract mid way, a guy who quit on Ducati half way into his contract! Or you could tweet Hack Oxley to write up a piece on Brookes, explaining why his years of mediocrity deserves a MotoGP ride. After all, Brookes thinks he could give Aleix a go, the guy who has scored over 40 points to Sam Lowes' duce (which I had to look up thinking he'd score zero) on the same machine. Hey, maybe now that Lowes is gone they can replace him with Brooksy.

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.

Last edited by Jumkie; September 7th, 2017 at 12:32 PM.
Jumkie is offline  
 
September 7th, 2017, 12:03 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: anywhere atm moving back home soon,UK

Posts: 562
Likes: 105

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
do you guys have an Aussie version of Hack Oxley?

There's some oz cretin in WSB commentator box, who is he?
Theo is offline  
September 7th, 2017, 02:30 PM   #43
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,195
Likes: 1664

Gonna keep some of the replies simple/short as I am at work at the moment (written after I finished - that didn't work out to well)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Alright Gazzy, for the sake of argument...

Not at all, Brooks is 100% wrong, period. Just because Aleix Esp responded by taking a dig at Brooks with some needle doesn't make him wrong, it was fair game. There is no requirement for Aleix to rise above, and his reply doesn’t equate a thinness of skin. Regardless of Aleix's delivery, the fact is 'he is racing in MotoGP' and by that he's earned the right to decide what is too dangerous to race for him.
Aleix was thin skinned mate .............. simple.

If he cannot handle criticism then do not respond or ignore it.

Yes, no requirement that he does ignore it but the nature of response showed him as thin skinned.

As for Aleix deserving his place, well Jums you are one who questions Cal and yet Aleix has had more races and only produced two podiums. Yes all riders deserve the opportunity to test themselves, but not all deserve to remain in that testing field when one cannot produce results.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
You ever heard of the wise saying, 'don't start nuthin, there won't be nuthin.'? Ya'll talk about safety in racing, now when a rider in his own right voices his concern, he is wrong, petulant, thin skinned? Brooks should have closed his mouth, his opinion is irrelevant at best, ridiculous.
Why is Brooke's opinion irrelevant and yet Aleix's is relevant?

Yes Brookes' can be a dickhead (as I have stated previously) but that does not mean his opinion is irrelevant given that he races on tracks and roads that would be considered a bigger danger.

Should he have kept his mouth shut .......... maybe ........... but then, what makes MotoGp riders the purveyors of all things safe within the sport?

And if MotoGp riders are the be all and end all of all things motorcycling, then should they NOT be held to higher standards of behaviours?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
First of all, Aleix is right, Brooks is slower than him. Espargaro threw in the rain part and making a nobody famous for added needle. And it's funny too because im sure it burned Brooks privately, Brooks reminds me of arrogant Cuntslow, big fucking mouth that needs someone to throw back grenades when he throws darts. This is precisely why I like Aleix Espargaro, because he doesn't back down to chickenshit comments like Rossi made (in a practice incident) which Espargaro responded to by telling him to fuck off.
Of course Brookes is slower as he has never been given an opportunity but I am quite prepared to say his pedigree is quite good and I firmly suspect that Brookes, like many would be equally competitive on the same machinery.

By the way, you are confusing Aleix with Pol as it was Pol to gave Rossi the finger and told him to fuck off, not Aleix.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Espargaro may not be following BSB but for sure as hell Brooks and a lot more people are following GP, so bringing up Salom in reference to track safety was appropriate, given his death was due to a track condition that caused his fatal injury and was changed for the race.
Brookes does follow GP and will attend when possible so yes, he knew of the Salom incident and as I said, the week prior to Brookes comments that very fact was rammed home by the death of a rider at a meeting at which Brookes was riding.

Brutal as this may be but motorsports is dangerous and thus, if some riders have a different level of danger to others than they are surely allowed to voice it (either way) which is what Brookes did and Aleix responded. It was



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
A lot in this paragraph, but I'll cover all of it. First, what do you mean 'all the time'? These types of situations are extremely rare (a rider declaring to sit out a race over safety) and with good reason, because the FIM for the most part goes through a process of approving GP circuits. I think you're padding the argument here for sentimental value in favor of Brooks, but it's a long stretch. Brooks isn't any more manly than Aleix, in fact I'd give the nod to Espargaro in this case because I seriously doubt Brooks would have the balls to say "fuck you" to Rossi, and that's as brave as it goes in this niche. Whilst arrogant big mouths like Cuntslow are kissing Rossi ass, Aleix has the balls to put his nuts on the chop block.
You mis-read.

You and others call for riders to be given opportunities to test themselves at motoGP level 'All the time' and yet in this case Brookes calls for an opportunity, something he is willing to risk and is pilloried.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
I'm surprised with your take on Brookes' flippant comment on something serious my friend, given your experience working at tracks. Are you taking Brooks side a bit because he's an Aussie? (You see, that's a bit of needle.) Do you remember another Aussie once declaring he would refuse to race over safety concerns, a one Mat Mladin. Oh yeah, he not only refused to race, he packed up and went home (AMA Kansas circa 09). I don't know if twitter existed back then, but surely you would have (and others on this thread) defended Brooks telling Mladin he was acting like a girl, and give someone who wants to ride a go. Absurd right? Haha.
Absolutely biased for two reasons, yes Brookes is an Aussie and I also firmly believe that as I have stated - 2 podiums in 200 races is not a good return so it is perhaps time that others get an opportunity.

Is it a flippant comment ............ well depends on your view but it is also somewhat of a valid comment as all he is saying is give someone who wants to ride the chance .


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Mind-boggling false comparison to compare Westy's commendable commitment to race and Brooks petulant flippant comment. Westy was rightly given kudos on this unique forum (the minority of GP fandom) for making a highly unpopular declaration, that he rejected Rossi’s unwritten rule, and stated he would, get this, 'race hard' and not pull over for anyone! Given his own sacrifices and respect for the sport, I think Westy's statement was brave, unfortunately the pressure from the Yellow Petition Mob likely drove him to take it down from his social media.
Misread again Jums.

My Westy comparison is that people laud him (correctly) for chasing rides, being prepared to put himself out there in order to get a ride, to seek and accept opportunities which is ostensibly what Brookes was saying to Aleix (and brookes' himself rides anywhere he can, at anytime despite having contracts)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Brooks has plenty of experience in racing as you say, therefore, plenty of opportunities to impress someone in GP. It hasn't happened. Granted I don’t know much about Brooks career, but I've seen enough Wsbk &BSB to know he's had a chance, and despite wining a BSB title, he hasn't quite emerged as GP material. And I'll add, Brooks' willingness and desire to race in the big show is not unique or special, so let's not look at his flippant dig at Aleix like some extraordinary commitment to race in the pinnacle of sport.
Absolutely Brookes had opportunities and if there was an interest from MotoGp it would have occurred but he lacks dollars (thus incentive to be signed), and to be fair, he has history in terms of race ettiquette and thus, would not be attractive to a backmarker team (which would have to be his entry point).

He has finished in the top 3 in World Supersports, ridden in and won a BSB title with a number of races, raced IoM and other road races (later in career) and had a failed attempt at a full year in WSBK with Karel Abraham's BMW team (has had other appearances)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Listing Aleix's raw stats in GP is far below your knowledge of context. After all, isn't A . Espargaro a MotoGP-CRT 'double' back to back Champion? List his wins and podiums in the CRT category too. Meanwhile you got Cuntslow showing up in parc firme in Xth place looking like he did something special on a "independent" in name only RCV. Cuntslow, a veteran, gets away with looking smug in parc firme when he's "beat" others on 2 year old Ducatis, first year KTMs, and mediocre Suzukis. Oh and a few rookies at Tech3. Incidentally, Cuntslow isn't even leading the independent team points, a rookie is beating him. This should put Aleix's stats you listed a bit more in perspective.
As you well know, CRt was about as relevant to MotoGP as the truth is to pioliticans so no mention there as it was a nothing at the time and remains a nothing.

So yes, Aleix's stats are relevant as he has 2 podiums in 200 races.

You don't like Cructhlow, all good but his record in the sport is superior to Aleix is it not and yet many say Cal has no right to be present (yes, he has had good opportunity but has also taken it with two hands although alost minus a finger)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
We got BSB coverage a few years, but they stopped showing it this season. So I don’t know what's going on and I don’t have the motivation to download races like in the past. But I remember seeing Brookes ride and was impressed with his tenacity. But I also remember some screw ups too. US coverage of IOM, NW200, Northern Ireland Ulster are covered in highlights. So I didn't remember Brookes rode, but his racing pedigree is hardly unique and less so earth shattering in relative comparison to most MotoGP riders. Brookes comments in perspective would be like AMA champ (raced on dangerous tracks) Cameron Beaubier tweeting to a MotoGP rider, what you're too scared to race, give me a go son. Cameron wouldn't ever say something so ludicrous, and if he did, it would be foolish to defend him.
And I would support Beaubier in saying that ............. if he wants a go, should he not be able to ask?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Disagree, Aleix is still in MotoGP, scoring points against riders that are world champions in GP's categories and Wsbk; Brookes is still relatively nobody, his moment of tweet fame has extinguished. Brookes comes out of this looking like an also ran who opened up his big mouth, one never good enough for the big show, his comment drawing attention to his career, as I'm sure people Googled him upon learning about his spat with a 'MotoGP rider.'
Then we shall agree to disagree as for mine, and much of the very reason you suggest is what Aleix comes out of it looking worse.

Brookes is little known in a niche market where aleix is more widely known, and thus his response to a 'who is this guy' tweet shows a thin skin and inability to accept criticism


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
I wouldn't. Aleix has scored good points on inferior machines against good riders on better machines when rain seemingly equalized the parity.
Again, hypothetical but I would bank of Brookes against aleix.

Would not bank on Brookes against Pol

Both being held on equal machinery with sufficient familiarisation periods.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Well, i can tell you where Brookes wont be racing, MotoGP. Though I'm sympathetic to the passport argument, Dog knows that's how Cuntslow got and remains in GP, Brookes case is not a matter of passport, it's a matter of performance. I'm sure he knows it, and that's why Aleix's needle was particularly deployed.
Passport absolutely plays a part but in all seriousness I do not think it is Brookes' biggest issue as his arrival in BSB and the carnage it bought was probably a bigger issue (of course, he is well beyond an age now to start - 34)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Gaz, do you guys have an Aussie version of Hack Oxley? You could use one, given Oxley loves to jump to the defense of riders that have underperformed like making Cuntslow into some kind of a hero for crashing so much, and Lowes for sucking and blaming Aprilia for paying him to sit it out. The irony Oxley using a quote from Cuntslow no less to express his disgust at the "disgraceful" situation to describe Aprilia shortening a contract mid way, a guy who quit on Ducati half way into his contract! Or you could tweet Hack Oxley to write up a piece on Brookes, explaining why his years of mediocrity deserves a MotoGP ride. After all, Brookes thinks he could give Aleix a go, the guy who has scored over 40 points to Sam Lowes' duce (which I had to look up thinking he'd score zero) on the same machine. Hey, maybe now that Lowes is gone they can replace him with Brooksy.

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
Anyone we had who wrote like Oxley would be to busy writing about Valentino to worry about a little known hack like Brookes.

And Brookes response (knew this was around) - https://www.thepitcrewonline.net/201...o-twitter-row/

Still has a dig and a whinge, but gives background.

Oh, and again .............. I would back Josh over Aleix (and I am not a big fan as I support other riders in the BSB series whom I have personal experience with and have followed since their very first road race/motard day)




Edit to add:
Jums, you may well be mis-reading my comments as criticising Aleix's comments that he found the track in the wet unsafe, they are not intended that way as I am not there and Aleix was not the only rider with issues.

My comments are at the subsequent twitter blow up between the two as I fully support any rider pushing for an opportunity to ride MotoGP (of course, they have to be able to achieve it by their own means) which is what I see Brookes' as having done ...... pushed the point that some people would ride at the top level no matter what, they just want the chance.

Aleix has as much right to refuse as would any rider if they felt unsafe (ideally however, if the track is dangerous all riders need to refuse together as it has a greater impact).

No criticism in that aspect at all.

Last edited by Gaz; September 7th, 2017 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Corrected typos as spotted
Gaz is offline  
September 7th, 2017, 02:31 PM   #44
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,195
Likes: 1664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
There's some oz cretin in WSB commentator box, who is he?
Not Steve Martin?

Am guessing a little here but he did used to do WSBK

Mind you, he is better than Beattie.
Gaz is offline  
September 7th, 2017, 02:46 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 715
Likes: 47

I Ride: R6
Espargaro is in a different league to Brookes.
RCV600RR is offline  
September 7th, 2017, 02:46 PM   #46
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,195
Likes: 1664

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
Espargaro is in a different league to Brookes.
Pol yes.

And yes really as one is in MotoGp the other is in everything but MotoGp
Gaz is offline  
September 7th, 2017, 05:57 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,056
Likes: 3283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Gonna keep some of the replies simple/short as I am at work at the moment (written after I finished - that didn't work out to well)




Aleix was thin skinned mate .............. simple.

If he cannot handle criticism then do not respond or ignore it.

Yes, no requirement that he does ignore it but the nature of response showed him as thin skinned.

As for Aleix deserving his place, well Jums you are one who questions Cal and yet Aleix has had more races and only produced two podiums. Yes all riders deserve the opportunity to test themselves, but not all deserve to remain in that testing field when one cannot produce results.




Why is Brooke's opinion irrelevant and yet Aleix's is relevant?

Yes Brookes' can be a dickhead (as I have stated previously) but that does not mean his opinion is irrelevant given that he races on tracks and roads that would be considered a bigger danger.

Should he have kept his mouth shut .......... maybe ........... but then, what makes MotoGp riders the purveyors of all things safe within the sport?

And if MotoGp riders are the be all and end all of all things motorcycling, then should they NOT be held to higher standards of behaviours?





Of course Brookes is slower as he has never been given an opportunity but I am quite prepared to say his pedigree is quite good and I firmly suspect that Brookes, like many would be equally competitive on the same machinery.

By the way, you are confusing Aleix with Pol as it was Pol to gave Rossi the finger and told him to fuck off, not Aleix.




Brookes does follow GP and will attend when possible so yes, he knew of the Salom incident and as I said, the week prior to Brookes comments that very fact was rammed home by the death of a rider at a meeting at which Brookes was riding.

Brutal as this may be but motorsports is dangerous and thus, if some riders have a different level of danger to others than they are surely allowed to voice it (either way) which is what Brookes did and Aleix responded. It was





You mis-read.

You and others call for riders to be given opportunities to test themselves at motoGP level 'All the time' and yet in this case Brookes calls for an opportunity, something he is willing to risk and is pilloried.




Absolutely biased for two reasons, yes Brookes is an Aussie and I also firmly believe that as I have stated - 2 podiums in 200 races is not a good return so it is perhaps time that others get an opportunity.

Is it a flippant comment ............ well depends on your view but it is also somewhat of a valid comment as all he is saying is give someone who wants to ride the chance .




Misread again Jums.

My Westy comparison is that people laud him (correctly) for chasing rides, being prepared to put himself out there in order to get a ride, to seek and accept opportunities which is ostensibly what Brookes was saying to Aleix (and brookes' himself rides anywhere he can, at anytime despite having contracts)




Absolutely Brookes had opportunities and if there was an interest from MotoGp it would have occurred but he lacks dollars (thus incentive to be signed), and to be fair, he has history in terms of race ettiquette and thus, would not be attractive to a backmarker team (which would have to be his entry point).

He has finished in the top 3 in World Supersports, ridden in and won a BSB title with a number of races, raced IoM and other road races (later in career) and had a failed attempt at a full year in WSBK with Karel Abraham's BMW team (has had other appearances)



As you well know, CRt was about as relevant to MotoGP as the truth is to pioliticans so no mention there as it was a nothing at the time and remains a nothing.

So yes, Aleix's stats are relevant as he has 2 podiums in 200 races.

You don't like Cructhlow, all good but his record in the sport is superior to Aleix is it not and yet many say Cal has no right to be present (yes, he has had good opportunity but has also taken it with two hands although alost minus a finger)




And I would support Beaubier in saying that ............. if he wants a go, should he not be able to ask?




Then we shall agree to disagree as for mine, and much of the very reason you suggest is what Aleix comes out of it looking worse.

Brookes is little known in a niche market where aleix is more widely known, and thus his response to a 'who is this guy' tweet shows a thin skin and inability to accept criticism




Again, hypothetical but I would bank of Brookes against aleix.

Would not bank on Brookes against Pol

Both being held on equal machinery with sufficient familiarisation periods.




Passport absolutely plays a part but in all seriousness I do not think it is Brookes' biggest issue as his arrival in BSB and the carnage it bought was probably a bigger issue (of course, he is well beyond an age now to start - 34)




Anyone we had who wrote like Oxley would be to busy writing about Valentino to worry about a little known hack like Brookes.

And Brookes response (knew this was around) - https://www.thepitcrewonline.net/201...o-twitter-row/

Still has a dig and a whinge, but gives background.

Oh, and again .............. I would back Josh over Aleix (and I am not a big fan as I support other riders in the BSB series whom I have personal experience with and have followed since their very first road race/motard day)




Edit to add:
Jums, you may well be mis-reading my comments as criticising Aleix's comments that he found the track in the wet unsafe, they are not intended that way as I am not there and Aleix was not the only rider with issues.

My comments are at the subsequent twitter blow up between the two as I fully support any rider pushing for an opportunity to ride MotoGP (of course, they have to be able to achieve it by their own means) which is what I see Brookes' as having done ...... pushed the point that some people would ride at the top level no matter what, they just want the chance.

Aleix has as much right to refuse as would any rider if they felt unsafe (ideally however, if the track is dangerous all riders need to refuse together as it has a greater impact).

No criticism in that aspect at all.
https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...run-in-824840/

Gaz, your entire premise hinges on this supposedly praiseworthy notion that Brookes wants it more than Aleix by tweeting a version of, hey faggot, I want to ride in GP more than you. But you've build your entire argument on sand. Brookes doesn't have any standing because he has sucked at a high level, period. Of course GP riders are not beyond reproach, hell we spectators second guess them all the time. But because Brookes has raced it makes his comments all the more laughable knowing he is not MotoGP material. It's rich, convenient for him to lob such a ludicrous affront knowing he wouldn't cut it. It's like me tweeting Aleix, hey, I've club raced, let me have a go you girl.

Brookes hasn't even won a Wsbk race since you want to throw meaningless stats around 2/200. Why is some obscure rider whose success is non existent in international competition relevant?

You said Espargaro should concentrate on his riding rather than some dickhead on twitter, uhm, that actually is more poignant to tell Brookes. Concentrate on your riding because you're obviously not good enough to be calling out MotoGP regulars.

Gaz, if some noob comes on here and starts attacking members calling them shit, what's your prediction on the response he'd get? Does that make people on PS thin skinned? Aleix responded to some fucking guy calling him out, a guy no less who despite racing a motorcycle has never been good enough to be signed in MotoGP on merit. You're response is to take the side of the guy who what? Supposedly wants it more? Because he made a twitter quip. Has it occurred to you his desire expressed by his mouth isn't equal to his work ethic to get it done? Perhaps he's languishing out of GP because he doesn't put in the necessary effort, sacrifice, and adjustment to his capricious racing etiquette. Why are you giving him so much credit for Cuntslow style tweet when he hasn't actually accomplish this great desire to race in MotoGP?

I don't think I've misread anything my friend, you just confirmed it with your explanation. You've set aside the core issue of GP 'safety' standards in favor of some mythical supposedly intrepid determination that you've attributed to Brookes, all of which is based on some chickenshit tweet. As a matter of fact, Brookes--non-GP-rider is unqualified to make such an opinion on safety stsndards, not the least being his standard for safety is non-existent. Brookes opinion of racing in MotoGP in regards to 'safety standards' is as relevant as AMA Cameron Beaubier's opinion, neither qualified.

So two things here Gaz, 1. Brookes' determination based on his tweet is bullshit. It's a house of cards, you've attributed his tweet has a deferential between Brookes vs Aleix's determination to ride in GP (which he has actually achieved, whether it be by sucking dick, he's done it, Brookes has NOT). That desire by Brookes supposedly manifest in his tweet has not materialized achieving thus supposed determination.

2. The core issue is GP safety standards. Brookes is not qualify to make that call period. Aleix Espargaro, MotoGP rider of 200+ starts (just going from your number, I've never looked it up) is qualified to make that call be virtue that he is a MotoGP rider.

On both counts Brookes is wrong, you are wrong, and I am right.

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
Jumkie is offline  
September 7th, 2017, 06:48 PM   #48
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,195
Likes: 1664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post

Gaz, your entire premise hinges on this supposedly praiseworthy notion that Brookes wants it more than Aleix by tweeting a version of, hey faggot, I want to ride in GP more than you. But you've build your entire argument on sand. Brookes doesn't have any standing because he has sucked at a high level, period. Of course GP riders are not beyond reproach, hell we spectators second guess them all the time. But because Brookes has raced it makes his comments all the more laughable knowing he is not MotoGP material. It's rich, convenient for him to lob such a ludicrous affront knowing he wouldn't cut it. It's like me tweeting Aleix, hey, I've club raced, let me have a go you girl.
Grasping Jums.

Where does Brookes' call Aleix a faggot?

As for were you to tweet, you have the right to do so just as Brookes and anyone else deemed unworthy has that right.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Brookes hasn't even won a Wsbk race since you want to throw meaningless stats around 2/200. Why is some obscure rider whose success is non existent in international competition relevant?
Correct

But then why is the opinion of a person who has a 2/200 rate when they had the opportunity to ride in GP's any more relevant?

Is Michael Rudroff's opion as relevant as Michael Doohan?

Is it more relevant than the opinion of Aaron Slight?


[QUOTE=Jumkie;438804]You said Espargaro should concentrate on his riding rather than some dickhead on twitter, uhm, that actually is more poignant to tell Brookes. Concentrate on your riding because you're obviously not good enough to be calling out MotoGP regulars. [quote]

Matter of opinion again Jums.

If Aleix is allowed to call out Brookes' because of his perceived superiority, then show me the superiority?

Passport plays a lot and were Aleix an American, an Aussie, a Kiwi and so on he would not be in GP's.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Gaz, if some noob comes on here and starts attacking members calling them shit, what's your prediction on the response he'd get? Does that make people on PS thin skinned? Aleix responded to some fucking guy calling him out, a guy no less who despite racing a motorcycle has never been good enough to be signed in MotoGP on merit. You're response is to take the side of the guy who what? Supposedly wants it more? Because he made a twitter quip. Has it occurred to you his desire expressed by his mouth isn't equal to his work ethic to get it done? Perhaps he's languishing out of GP because he doesn't put in the necessary effort, sacrifice, and adjustment to his capricious racing etiquette. Why are you giving him so much credit for Cuntslow style tweet when he hasn't actually accomplish this great desire to race in MotoGP?
What do you if if ............ when.

And what happens is people smash them ..... some petulantly, some barbarically and some with consideration and reasoning

As for the rest about effort etc, actually I do know some of what Brookes' puts in (friends and contacts) and what he puts in is the same as many others (Ant West for example) and more than some (no doubt less than some as well).



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
I don't think I've misread anything my friend, you just confirmed it with your explanation. You've set aside the core issue of GP 'safety' standards in favor of some mythical supposedly intrepid determination that you've attributed to Brookes, all of which is based on some chickenshit tweet. As a matter of fact, Brookes--non-GP-rider is unqualified to make such an opinion on safety stsndards, not the least being his standard for safety is non-existent. Brookes opinion of racing in MotoGP in regards to 'safety standards' is as relevant as AMA Cameron Beaubier's opinion, neither qualified.
Jums, BS you misread a lot as you do from time to time

NOWHERE did I say that Aleix does not have the right to say what he did regarding track safety

NOWHERE do I say that Brookes' is in the right (although I understand where his tweet came from, as much as I understand the responses)

But again, why is a MotoGP opinion more relevant?

Why is Aleix's opinion of higher value to those of Brookes or hypothetically Beaubier?

If a MotoGp rider tweeted about the safety of Cadwell but a BSB rider called out their complaint, is that fair of the BSB rider or is the MotoGp rider the one to be listened to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
So two things here Gaz, 1. Brookes' determination based on his tweet is bullshit. It's a house of cards, you've attributed his tweet has a deferential between Brookes vs Aleix's determination to ride in GP (which he has actually achieved, whether it be by sucking dick, he's done it, Brookes has NOT). That desire by Brookes supposedly manifest in his tweet has not materialized achieving thus supposed determination.
BS Jums.

Nowhere do I say that Brookes' has a higher determination to ride in MotoGP. What I say and have said and will continue to say is that Brookes has a desire and is willing to take risks that some otehrs may deem irrational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
2. The core issue is GP safety standards. Brookes is not qualify to make that call period. Aleix Espargaro, MotoGP rider of 200+ starts (just going from your number, I've never looked it up) is qualified to make that call be virtue that he is a MotoGP rider.
Absolutely Aleix is qualified to make the call as a MotoGp rider given it was a MotoGp race at a MotoGp track but does that mean that he cannot be questioned?

Other riders on the weekend did not mention the concern (some did) so are they in the wrong or right?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
On both counts Brookes is wrong, you are wrong, and I am right.

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
As we know Jums, you are always right in mind, body and soul, but sometimes others have valid opinions that you cannot see but I cede to your greater wisdom. You win. You are right.

Last edited by Gaz; September 7th, 2017 at 07:05 PM.
Gaz is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
brookes, espargaro



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brookes to ride Norton Rotary at Classic TT AntG Isle of Man 3 July 26th, 2017 02:35 PM
Josh Brookes 2015 BSB Champion AntG British Superbike 9 October 24th, 2015 05:17 AM
J.Brookes.on the Cadwell Mountain Pigeon World Superbike 4 June 1st, 2010 04:08 AM
Josh Brookes fastest on Debut antfan Motorsports 6 July 10th, 2007 01:15 AM
Josh Brookes to Caracchi NCR richo Motorsports 28 January 20th, 2006 04:32 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2017 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.