MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree63Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
July 23rd, 2017, 08:53 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,564
Likes: 1406

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKnockdown View Post
. Its a fictional story set in a future that never happened, so technically he wasn't really talking about a real person. I love sci fi/fantasy. I wonder what their going to call it? Game of Stones? Alien Desertion? ET the Lactose Terrestrial?
Ex-men
MdubSTYLIE is offline  
 
July 23rd, 2017, 11:17 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
JohnnyKnockdown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: unda cheese

Posts: 4,604
Likes: 817

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
Ex-men
Let's not dismiss the Horror genre either. If he had stayed he would have continued to be treated horribly.
Rosemary's Baby. Ehhhh I think that's about Spies
Drag Me to Hell
Bride of Valenstein
MdubSTYLIE and ermananis like this.
JohnnyKnockdown is offline  
July 23rd, 2017, 12:12 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,564
Likes: 1406

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKnockdown View Post
Let's not dismiss the Horror genre either. If he had stayed he would have continued to be treated horribly.
Rosemary's Baby. Ehhhh I think that's about Spies
Drag Me to Hell
Bride of Valenstein
The wizard of Oz.

They follow a yellow brick road and the wizard is nothing more than a douchebag behind a curtain.

Last edited by MdubSTYLIE; July 23rd, 2017 at 04:32 PM.
MdubSTYLIE is offline  
July 23rd, 2017, 12:54 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Little Walter's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Stratosphere

Posts: 321
Likes: 135

I Ride: Whatever I can steal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKnockdown View Post
. Its a fictional story set in a future that never happened, so technically he wasn't really talking about a real person. I love sci fi/fantasy. I wonder what their going to call it? Game of Stones? Alien Desertion? CS the Lactose Terrestrial?
This... from the king of alternative facts.

I'll take the well informed opinion of a decades long racing insider over that of some choleric armchair dog-whistler any day. Better to be lactose intolerant than allergic to reality.
Iamapony likes this.
Little Walter is offline  
July 23rd, 2017, 01:33 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
JohnnyKnockdown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: unda cheese

Posts: 4,604
Likes: 817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
This... from the king of alternative facts.

I'll take the well informed opinion of a decades long racing insider over that of some choleric armchair dog-whistler any day. Better to be lactose intolerant than allergic to reality.
So your saying an opinion is a fact that proves my opinion is not a fact. That makes perfect sense.
Im thinking the Comedy Genre may work as well. In particular European Vacation pretty much sums up the latter half of his 2012 season
JohnnyKnockdown is offline  
July 23rd, 2017, 02:22 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Little Walter's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Stratosphere

Posts: 321
Likes: 135

I Ride: Whatever I can steal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKnockdown View Post
So your saying an opinion is a fact that proves my opinion is not a fact. That makes perfect sense.
Im thinking the Comedy Genre may work as well. In particular European Vacation pretty much sums up the latter half of his 2012 season
I'm saying opinions from actual highly respected professionals participating in the sport for decades are infinitely (to the nth degree) squared by four, more plausible than anything coming from you. When you spout all this tired crap about Stoner, it's like listening to Trump telling everybody how he "has the best words". There's no reason or rhyme to anything you say. It's just noises coming out of your word hole.

Last edited by Little Walter; July 23rd, 2017 at 03:10 PM.
Little Walter is offline  
July 23rd, 2017, 03:09 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
JohnnyKnockdown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: unda cheese

Posts: 4,604
Likes: 817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
I'm saying opinions from actual highly respected professionals participating in the sport for decades are infinitely (to the nth degree) squared by four, more plausible than anything coming from you. When you spout all this tired crap about Stoner, it's like listening to Trump telling everybody how he "has the best words".
Boring, as usual Rainman. I never disagreed with Foreskins opinionfact. Your just being a contrarian tit as usual.

We can't forget thrillers. Gone Girl must be about him
ermananis likes this.
JohnnyKnockdown is offline  
July 23rd, 2017, 03:54 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2011
From: Adelaide

Posts: 174
Likes: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
I'm saying opinions from actual highly respected professionals participating in the sport for decades are infinitely (to the nth degree) squared by four, more plausible than anything coming from you. When you spout all this tired crap about Stoner, it's like listening to Trump telling everybody how he "has the best words". There's no reason or rhyme to anything you say. It's just noises coming out of your word hole.
As a Stoner boner myself, you have to admit, JohnnyKnock is pretty bloody funny.
JohnnyKnockdown and ermananis like this.
SlartyBartFast is offline  
July 23rd, 2017, 03:55 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,192
Likes: 3381

Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...nt-933463/amp/
"He could have won as many titles as he wanted"
Still to this day the best I've seen.
Forcada is right about raw talent, I've said before, Casey Stoner is the only "alien" I've ever seen (i never saw the Golden Era of racing) but his prediction is flawed! There is no way Dorna allow Stoner to win as many as he wanted because as Forcada reveals, Stoner (like Marquez, and frankly like most all of them) is tethered to the front tire performance. Stoner won 1 solitary title on the pig Ducati, and that had to do with a front tire that had up until that point not been manipulated to accommodate Valentino Rossi. Once that changed Stoner started crashing, like he did on the 3rd tier 06 tires. Have we all forgot that Dorna jettisoned Bridgestone in favor of Manipulatichelin? Casey Stoner today would have been suffering from the same bogus bullshit show we are all forced to witness, this is personified in Marc Marquez having to settle for podiums and top 5s because the front tire is as predictably as a woman (no offense ladies). We are all forcefed a shit show where the most talented rider on the current grid is castrate by tire proxy.

I understand what Forcada means, and I agree, Stoner was special among the an elite class, but the reality is we must factor in WWDorna, into the picture. Marc Marquez is routinely choosing "medium" tires because even the nomenclature of the "hard" tire has been gaslighted.

So no, I disagree that Casey could have won all the titles he wanted, not in a rigged game. Maverick Viņalez could easily be leading the championship today if it weren't for the brazen tire manipulation. Forcada is talking in terms of idealism not reality.

Game of Tires

Last edited by Jumkie; July 23rd, 2017 at 04:14 PM.
Jumkie is offline  
July 23rd, 2017, 04:09 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,564
Likes: 1406

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Forcada is right about raw talent, I've said before, Casey Stoner is the only "alien" I've ever seen (i never saw the Golden Era of racing) but his prediction is flawed! There is no way Dorna allow Stoner to win as many as he wanted because as Forcada reveals, Stoner (like Marquez, and frankly like most all of them) is tethered to the front tire performance. Stoner won 1 solitary title on the pig Ducati, and that had to do with a front tire that had up until that point not been manipulated to accommodate Valentino Rossi. Once that changed Stoner started crashing, like he did on the 3rd tier 06 tires. Have we all forgot that Dorna jettisoned Bridgestone in favor of Manipulatichelin? Casey Stoner today would have been suffering from the same bogus bullshit show we are all forced to witness, this is personified in Marc Marquez having to settle for podiums and top 5s because the front tire is as predictably as a woman (no offense ladies). We are all forcefed a shit show where the most talented rider on the current grid is castrate by tire proxy.

I understand what Forcada means, and I agree, Stoner was special among the an elite class, but the reality is we must factor in WWDorna, into the picture. Marc Marquez is routinely choosing "medium" tires because even the nomenclature of the "hard" tire has been gaslighted.

So no, I disagree that Casey could have won all the titles he wanted, not in a rigged game. Maverick Viņalez could easily be leading the championship today of it weren't for the brazen tire manipulation. Forcada is talking in terms of idealism not reality.

Game of Tire

In the game of tire you either win or retire. Retyre if you are a brit.
MdubSTYLIE is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
forcada, stoner



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stoner Noodlerizer MotoGP 16 February 12th, 2008 12:36 PM
Stoner Fan Doolittle MotoGP 4 January 21st, 2008 02:34 PM
Stoner says povol MotoGP 8 July 17th, 2007 01:12 PM
Stoner Look-a-like jbuhl MotoGP 8 May 7th, 2007 11:33 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2017 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.