MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree121Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
February 28th, 2017, 05:42 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 9,894
Likes: 1171

Rossi still wont let it go

From a certain point of view, matters of the heart are more complicated than motorcycle racing for Rossi. Even in that field, however, along with his many victories, he has had to accept some defeats. Like the one in 2015, that he still has not forgotten.

ďA very deep disappointment - he remembered - Some things happened that should not happen, a disgrace to the sport. I have battled against tough rivals, various adversaries, from Biaggi to Stoner, but none of them every behaved like Marquez did then. I have never seen a rider who was not in the running for the title race against someone else like that. Regrets? Of course. If I hadnít said anything... if I hadnít reacted... The truth is that they would have beaten me anyway and at least I got it off my chest, I raised a stir.Ē

I agree, your behavior during the Sepang weekend was a disgrace

Thats what happens when you call out a superior competitor and question his integrity. He goes about showing you his superiority by making you look like a fool, all the while doing it legally.

Finally admitting he didnt have the performance to beat Lorenzo and the stir was meant to deflect that fact to his retarded fans.



Read more: MotoGP, Rossi: My dreams? The 10th title and a son | GPone.com https://www.gpone.com/en/2017/02/27/...#ixzz4ZzTPXznv
.
povol is offline  
 
February 28th, 2017, 07:04 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Hethel Industrial Estate, Potash Ln, Hethel, Norwich NR14 8EY, United Kingdom

Posts: 4,597
Likes: 2002

Why, I distinctly recall in the wake of Valencia 2015, myself and others talked at length about how even had Rossi never received a back of the grid penalty, his race pace once clear of P5 thru P26 was nowhere near P1 thru P3. Lorenzo rode the race of his life that day, and there was no chance of Rossi ever catching him short of a crash.

Nice to see he finally admits that he could not have beaten them, although it's far too little, far too late.

He's a worthless cunt, and so are his fans who still cheer him on in spite of his disgusting behavior.
payne by name likes this.
JPSLotus is offline  
February 28th, 2017, 11:59 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
danski's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: A caravan on an island

Posts: 1,458
Likes: 381

I Ride: Shanks pony.
He should let it go but because he genuinely believes it, he won't, and his inner circle of friends are probably sympathetic rather than objective to that which doesn't help. Regarding what Marquez did on track, it may have been legal but it was also judged to be provocative and the reason why there was no black flag on the day.
danski is offline  
February 28th, 2017, 12:26 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 9,894
Likes: 1171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
He should let it go but because he genuinely believes it, he won't, and his inner circle of friends are probably sympathetic rather than objective to that which doesn't help. Regarding what Marquez did on track, it may have been legal but it was also judged to be provocative and the reason why there was no black flag on the day.
People, especially world class athletes, tend to get provocative when provoked. After years of getting away with his shenanigans,Rossi poked the wrong guy this time and it backfired in spectacular fashion.

And no, that was not the reason he wasnt black flagged. He wasnt black flagged because Dorna didnt want his championship to go up in flames. It was clear for anyone without yellow goggles that what Rossi did deserved a disqualification
Keshav, #22, gekko1ro and 3 others like this.

Last edited by povol; February 28th, 2017 at 12:33 PM.
povol is offline  
February 28th, 2017, 12:29 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 9,894
Likes: 1171

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
Why, I distinctly recall in the wake of Valencia 2015, myself and others talked at length about how even had Rossi never received a back of the grid penalty, his race pace once clear of P5 thru P26 was nowhere near P1 thru P3. Lorenzo rode the race of his life that day, and there was no chance of Rossi ever catching him short of a crash.

Nice to see he finally admits that he could not have beaten them, although it's far too little, far too late.

He's a worthless cunt, and so are his fans who still cheer him on in spite of his disgusting behavior.
Yep, the general consensus was he would easily make it to 4th by 1/3 distance but never had the pace the entire weekend to run with the top 3. Dont forget, he qualified 12th that day, penalty or no penalty.
povol is offline  
February 28th, 2017, 12:35 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Deefer Dogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: UK

Posts: 126
Likes: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
his inner circle of friends are probably sympathetic rather than objectiive
It was this circle of friends, one in particular (guess who), that started the whole conspiracy in the first place. Without doubt said buddy will still be fanning the flames.
Deefer Dogg is offline  
February 28th, 2017, 12:35 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
danski's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: A caravan on an island

Posts: 1,458
Likes: 381

I Ride: Shanks pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
People, especially world class athletes, tend to get provocative when provoked. After years of getting away with his shenanigans,Rossi poked the wrong guy this time and it backfired in spectacular fashion.
Like I said, his friends could have easily saved him from making that fuck up in the news conference but instead chose to feed the fire...
Deefer Dogg likes this.
danski is offline  
February 28th, 2017, 12:48 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
moto vudu's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Texas

Posts: 1,566
Likes: 601

I don't mind if he hasn't let it go, whatever he needs to use for motivation to keep racing at a high level is fine by me. Being obsessed with what you do is a requirement for being one of the best in the world at what you do. The moment he doesn't care anymore or have the motivation to keep improving to race at the front, he should retire.
moto vudu is offline  
February 28th, 2017, 01:16 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Deefer Dogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: UK

Posts: 126
Likes: 75

Being obsessed with what you're doing is a requirement yes. Being obsessed with what everyone else is doing or theories being fed to you by your pal is unhealthy.
Gaz, Keshav, #22 and 2 others like this.
Deefer Dogg is offline  
February 28th, 2017, 01:20 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
moto vudu's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Texas

Posts: 1,566
Likes: 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefer Dogg View Post
Being obsessed with what you're doing is a requirement yes. Being obsessed with what everyone else is doing or theories being fed to you by your pal is unhealthy.
It's not unhealthy if it motivates him to keep trying for a 10th title and he succeeds. I don't know what source of motivation he actually uses, but something is still driving him to continue to excel.
moto vudu is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
rossi



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You wont believe this one povol World Superbike 6 December 10th, 2009 08:03 PM
The rumor just wont go away povol MotoGP 90 July 18th, 2008 04:58 PM
Rossi wont be retiring... spooky MotoGP 21 December 16th, 2007 10:00 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2017 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.