MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree121Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
March 2nd, 2017, 10:02 AM   #41
Blue Smoker
 
Arrabbiata1's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: Out of Nowhere

Posts: 6,654
Likes: 2351

I Ride: The original
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarno View Post
as a kid i liked saarinen
Perhaps you should choose a more subtle member name? How about J4rn0?
Arrabbiata1 is offline  
 
March 2nd, 2017, 10:54 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 8,293
Likes: 937

I Ride: DRZ400sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarno View Post
keshav i meant to write it this way to emphasize the uccio anecdote you all use. glad you understood it even in your own way!!!!!
That, as we say in America, is very white of you, Patron.

Re: Who da man... entirely subjective.

Re: Throwing tantrums, publicly insulting other riders, and unsportsman-like on-track behavior - all well documented on video - behavior that is easily verifiable - not so much.
Keshav is offline  
March 2nd, 2017, 11:45 AM   #43
Member
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: greece

Posts: 30
Likes: 2

I Ride: ktm exc 125
no problemo, you win!
jarno is offline  
March 2nd, 2017, 11:57 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
Iamapony's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Santa Cruz, Cal

Posts: 390
Likes: 139

I Ride: BMW, Honda, and another Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJV80 View Post
Not sticking up for the guy or supporting his Area 51 tin foil hat fantasy, but I think part of the reason he was unable to stay in front and block Marquez for the rest of that race is because Marquez was actually faster than him. You could also argue that Marquez could have stayed in front of Rossi and blocked him for the remainder of the race .....
Can't you see that it does not matter? He and his adherents are wrong either way and he screwed himself. If Marquez was definitely faster, then he is going no further than where he was at, because MM was slower than the people in front of him. Why risk a crash or penalty for nothing? If he was faster than MM, which is the justification for getting the slower MM out of the way, then he can clean pass, block, and score more points than MM. He didn't do either thing. And he can only blame himself. Hell, he might have another championship, if he didn't screw himself in 2006.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarno View Post
as a kid i liked saarinen
My mother has an original dinning table and chairs by Saarinen. Museum stuff. Must be worth a ton. Not the same guy, but maybe a Jeopardy question some day. ;-P
Iamapony is offline  
March 2nd, 2017, 01:22 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
AJV80's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2016
From: Queensland Australia

Posts: 644
Likes: 298

I Ride: GSX-R 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
Can't you see that it does not matter? He and his adherents are wrong either way and he screwed himself. If Marquez was definitely faster, then he is going no further than where he was at, because MM was slower than the people in front of him. Why risk a crash or penalty for nothing? If he was faster than MM, which is the justification for getting the slower MM out of the way, then he can clean pass, block, and score more points than MM. He didn't do either thing. And he can only blame himself. Hell, he might have another championship, if he didn't screw himself in 2006.
Everyone that doesn't have their eyes painted on could see what happened and realise what Rossi did was inexcusable and extremely dangerous... actions that appalled me and that I've never once justified. Marc did nothing wrong, he was simply racing in a motorcycle race. The entire 'unwritten rule' about other riders not effecting the championship contenders is bullshit in my book. You win the championship by beating everybody else, not by expecting them to give you a pass and an easy win.

Data shows that Marc's laptimes where a touch faster than Vale's before they started battling each other for position, which makes sense.... he didn't catch up to him by being slower. I'm not making a big deal of it but simply pointing out that your argument that Rossi should have stayed in front and blocked Marc could be argued either way. I don't think its unreasonable to suggest that the rider who was capable of lapping quickest would have a just as good, if not a slightly better chance of getting ahead and staying ahead by blocking the other.

The penalty Rossi received for his actions was extremely lenient, while watching the race i was expecting Rossi to be black flagged at any moment. I'm sure any other rider would have been black flagged, or at a minimum received a ride through penalty. DORNA being chicken shit to make a call immediately in fear of the shit storm it would have created with the Yellow brigade, it also allowed the championship to remain alive until Valencia. Either way I think they handled it poorly, awarding 16 points to someone that took another rider out is ludicrous. A black flag, a ride though penalty, giving him points of 4th position rather than 3rd (seeing he took out the potential 3rd place rider), awarding him no points at all or having him sit out the Valencia race all together would have all been more fitting penalties given the scenario.

I know that none of it matters now, (even though Rossi cant seem to let it go) and even at the time I didn't think Rossi was capable of winning the championship, Jorges form was simply better than his.

Last edited by AJV80; March 2nd, 2017 at 02:36 PM.
AJV80 is offline  
March 2nd, 2017, 03:32 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Iamapony's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Santa Cruz, Cal

Posts: 390
Likes: 139

I Ride: BMW, Honda, and another Honda
You are still missing my point: Rossi was battling for the championship. Marquez was not. Isn't that what is claimed that annoyed Rossi and his followers? Thus, it is Rossi's responsibility to stay in the championship. It doesn't matter who is faster. It matters how many points you have at the end of the season, (e.g. Nicky Hayden). Rossi's actions cost him more than if he had just stayed in fourth, and even more IF he was faster than MM. Stupid-is-as-stupid-does and his move was really dumb. Thus he is wrong whether he was faster or slower.
Iamapony is offline  
March 2nd, 2017, 04:58 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Kingston

Posts: 833
Likes: 268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
You are still missing my point: Rossi was battling for the championship. Marquez was not. Isn't that what is claimed that annoyed Rossi and his followers? Thus, it is Rossi's responsibility to stay in the championship. It doesn't matter who is faster. It matters how many points you have at the end of the season, (e.g. Nicky Hayden). Rossi's actions cost him more than if he had just stayed in fourth, and even more IF he was faster than MM. Stupid-is-as-stupid-does and his move was really dumb. Thus he is wrong whether he was faster or slower.
I strongly disagree with the part about his actions costing him more. He never had the pace at Valencia to finish above fourth no matter his starting position. He gained an extra 3 points in Sepang. If he hadve ridden to the rules he would've finished 4th in Sepang and then gone fourth in Valencia. Knocking Marc off his bike got him closer to the title.
p4p1 is offline  
March 2nd, 2017, 05:17 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Iamapony's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Santa Cruz, Cal

Posts: 390
Likes: 139

I Ride: BMW, Honda, and another Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
I strongly disagree with the part about his actions costing him more. He never had the pace at Valencia to finish above fourth no matter his starting position. He gained an extra 3 points in Sepang. If he hadve ridden to the rules he would've finished 4th in Sepang and then gone fourth in Valencia. Knocking Marc off his bike got him closer to the title.
You are kidding, right?
He had to start from LAST because of his stupid ego, or insanity, or his boyfriend, or what-ev-ar. If he finished third or fourth and lined up on the first row, what then? We don't know. But, that sure would be a lot better than a three point deduction and starting forking last. Math - try it out.
Iamapony is offline  
March 2nd, 2017, 06:19 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Kingston

Posts: 833
Likes: 268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
You are kidding, right?
He had to start from LAST because of his stupid ego, or insanity, or his boyfriend, or what-ev-ar. If he finished third or fourth and lined up on the first row, what then? We don't know. But, that sure would be a lot better than a three point deduction and starting forking last. Math - try it out.
It's simple he had the pace to finish 4th in Sepang 12 points, he had the pace to finish 4th in Valencia given that he never had the pace of the top 3 during the whole weekend. He still qualified 12th and according to his team they were treating qualifying as qualifying.

13+13= 26
16+13= 29
The maths is fucking simple when you look at the pace he showed in Valencia and Sepang. He unfairly gained three points towards his championship and in the end the penalty didn't effect what would have been his final finishing position in Valencia given his pace the entire weekend. This is also back when the factory Honda and yamahas had a huge electronics advantage over the entire field. If in 2015 they were competing with the unified software he probably would've struggled much more to get up to 4th. He also didn't start last.
AJV80 likes this.

Last edited by p4p1; March 2nd, 2017 at 06:24 PM.
p4p1 is offline  
March 2nd, 2017, 07:03 PM   #50
#22
Senior Member
 
#22's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: In Cider

Posts: 3,722
Likes: 1583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
You are still missing my point: Rossi was battling for the championship. Marquez was not. Isn't that what is claimed that annoyed Rossi and his followers?
2010:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
You are kidding, right?
He had to start from LAST because of his stupid ego, or insanity, or his boyfriend, or what-ev-ar. If he finished third or fourth and lined up on the first row, what then? We don't know. But, that sure would be a lot better than a three point deduction and starting forking last. Math - try it out.
As p4p1 said, Rossi's lap times all weekend at Valencia showed he never had the pace to run with the top 3. He may have stuck with them for a few laps but that would have been it.
Barbedwirebikerr likes this.
#22 is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
rossi



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You wont believe this one povol World Superbike 6 December 10th, 2009 08:03 PM
The rumor just wont go away povol MotoGP 90 July 18th, 2008 04:58 PM
Rossi wont be retiring... spooky MotoGP 21 December 16th, 2007 10:00 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2017 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.