MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
October 28th, 2016, 04:08 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Kingston

Posts: 817
Likes: 261

Too much is made of Marquez trying to copy Rossi on the corkscrew. It never would've happened if Rossi didn't push him off the track while Marquez rode around the outside. It was really just a dick move from Rossi that Marquez made memorable.
p4p1 is offline  
 
October 28th, 2016, 04:12 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Kingston

Posts: 817
Likes: 261

Fuck that was a shit interview though. It made me dislike the guy even more.
p4p1 is offline  
October 29th, 2016, 11:12 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 23,835
Likes: 3076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrabbiata1 View Post
I find Oxley to be one of the more balanced journalists in the paddock, but if you can provide some unequivocal examples of this bias - excerpts from his blog if you wish - then I will willingly reappraise my view. The Lorenzo article in question does not convince me in the slightest.


The pitfalls of logical fallacy and presupposition...which brings me to -



Where to begin, yeah, I think we should indeed debate this line for line -word for word if you wish, because I detect no such intent.
The highlighted bit is the best part, may I say the same and be done with the debate? It would save me lots of typing and repetition. "I'm unconvinced with your rebuttal." Nah compa, I ain't gonna let you off the hook that easy. When I said let's debate it line by line, you should know better than to question my resolve. The fact is, I already pointed out how Oxley twisted the exchange between Rossi and Lorenzo to devise a written piece with the obvious intent to paint Lorenzo as the chump. This IS me "providing some unequivocal examples of this bias", which you have waved passed as unimpressive. That's hilarious comp, I can win every debate the same way in the face of contradictory evidence. I've presented several quotes and pointed out how it is bullshit. You are "not convinced", that is it. Debate over? Watch this space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrabbiata1 View Post
Bullcrap - you have several, put it on your bedside table then. Also, have you not received your latest package yet buddy? - because the Saints annual may have to be consigned to the bookshelf for a while.
Spoiler: some nice games today comps. We conducted ourselves well against a competative side and came away with a point. Did you enjoy that performance by Burnley? Haha, we should deploy the same forcefield for Kasper. I may be eating my words about Liv, they really do look like contenders. I've been wrong more often than not, so not really news, but about Oxley, the case speaks for itself, but I'll help it along anyway compa.
Jumkie is offline  
October 29th, 2016, 11:59 AM   #24
Blue Smoker
 
Arrabbiata1's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: Out of Nowhere

Posts: 6,630
Likes: 2323

I Ride: The original
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
The fact is, I already pointed out how Oxley twisted the exchange between Rossi and Lorenzo to devise a written piece with the obvious intent to paint Lorenzo as the chump. This IS me "providing some unequivocal examples of this bias", which you have waved passed as unimpressive.
No the fact is you pointed out your interpretation of Oxley's piece. This is you providing subjective interpretations of this favouring of Rossi. Oxley, wrote a piece about a goading press conference and Lorenzo biting back when he should have risen above it. That's all. If you are now dedicating your weekend towards assembling an arsenal of confirmation bias to demonstrate the Matt Oxley is biased towards Valentino, then I would rather give you the satisfaction by conceding concede defeat now because honestly we both know that we have better things to do with our time. As you say, I won't change your perception and dislike for the man, however in respect of the article in question, you won't change mine either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
If Oxley wrote it, I'm not bothering compa.
That's a great shame - not only since I believe you should keep an open mind, but as a scholar of the history of this sport it would fascinate you. Lucidly written and well researched it makes a great tale - and what's more, your good friend is recommending it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Spoiler: some nice games today comps. We conducted ourselves well against a competative side and came away with a point. Did you enjoy that performance by Burnley? Haha, we should deploy the same forcefield for Kasper. I may be eating my words about Liv, they really do look like contenders. I've been wrong more often than not, so not really news, but about Oxley, the case speaks for itself, but I'll help it along anyway compa.
City were first to everything in the second half - and you're right great performance by Kasper. Can't understand why Schlupp features over Kapustka though.

Like I said last year comps, give Klopp a full pre-season to get to the fitness levels he needs and a transfer window...

Seriously comps, forget Oxley, get yourself down to the mail depot instead because you missed a delivery on the 8th. I'm tracking it and it will be returned to the UK soon. If it is, your next delivery will be this - and it won't be coming via Willski Mail...

New Lorenzo interview from PI-51vq6j5e3al._uy250_.jpg
Arrabbiata1 is online now  
October 29th, 2016, 07:56 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 23,835
Likes: 3076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrabbiata1 View Post
I would rather give you the satisfaction by conceding CONCEDE DEFEAT now because honestly we both know that we have better things to do with our time.
I accept and shall consider myself the victor in this exchange. Oxley is a Yellow hack: Case closed.

And as a token of my appreciation, I leave you with this little gem from 'Warm-up.'



Rossi doing what he does best, riding the pole.


If you live in a glass house, don't throw rocks.
Jumkie is offline  
October 30th, 2016, 12:24 AM   #26
Blue Smoker
 
Arrabbiata1's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: Out of Nowhere

Posts: 6,630
Likes: 2323

I Ride: The original
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
I accept and shall consider myself the victor in this exchange.
Congratulations, but then, when in the eleven year history if this forum has it ever been otherwise? All that is achieved is that we simply have another object of hatred by decree of this forum...or rather one member. But then, at least that's my week and my bandwidth freed up alongside the liberation of potentially a thousand posts and a dozen additional threads on this forum. 'Case closed', thank fuck for that - you can sense the collective sigh of relief. Now for fuck's sake get down to the postal depot and claim your prize.

So Oxley is "a yellow hack". I'm sure across a gazillion other dubious internet forums it's been similarly 'established' in rabid CAPS LOCK that Tom Brady is a cheat and Michael Jackson molested children...'case closed'. 'FACT'

Report: Writing the word FACT after a claim makes it more factual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
That orange T.Shirt really doesn't become you by the way comps.
danski likes this.
Arrabbiata1 is online now  
October 30th, 2016, 12:40 AM   #27
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,001
Likes: 1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrabbiata1 View Post
Seriously comps, forget Oxley, get yourself down to the mail depot instead because you missed a delivery on the 8th. I'm tracking it and it will be returned to the UK soon. If it is, your next delivery will be this - and it won't be coming via Willski Mail...

Attachment 12373


Geez Arrib, that reads like fighting words mate
Arrabbiata1 likes this.
Gaz is offline  
October 30th, 2016, 12:41 AM   #28
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,001
Likes: 1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
And as a token of my appreciation, I leave you with this little gem from 'Warm-up.'



Rossi doing what he does best, riding the pole.

Arrib will likely know of this incident but for some bloody reason, the first thought that came to my head when I saw that pic was Robbie Fowler's celebration of snorting the goal line
Gaz is offline  
October 30th, 2016, 01:01 AM   #29
Blue Smoker
 
Arrabbiata1's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: Out of Nowhere

Posts: 6,630
Likes: 2323

I Ride: The original
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Arrib will likely know of this incident but for some bloody reason, the first thought that came to my head when I saw that pic was Robbie Fowler's celebration of snorting the goal line
That caused him a shit load of trouble at the time.

Brilliant footballer though.

Not a particular fan of John Bishop, so this was quite memorable too...

https://youtu.be/gpCz4iGj85A
Arrabbiata1 is online now  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
interview, lorenzo



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lorenzo admits MM helped him in post race interview Mais8 MotoGP 73 November 11th, 2015 08:12 PM
Interview w Stoner, Rossi and Lorenzo Keshav MotoGP 4 August 17th, 2012 05:43 AM
JB interview povol MotoGP 30 May 23rd, 2011 01:36 PM
interview with Lorenzo (in italian) bigbang MotoGP 84 May 23rd, 2011 05:19 AM
Burgess interview (on Stoner, Honda and the gearbox) / Casey Interview (on Honda, the move from Ducati and throttle control) cangaceiro99 MotoGP 244 April 2nd, 2011 07:08 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2017 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.