MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree424Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
September 23rd, 2016, 03:06 AM   #841
Senior Member
 
yamfan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: Uk

Posts: 800
Likes: 400

Whilst I don't think there was too much to make of the Misano pass, apart from it was a block pass, something Rossi has made a career out of. This type of pass in some eyes is not absolutely clean, which is in his poor grasp of the English language what Lorenzo was saying.
Of course Rossi saw the worst in this and the silly argument ensued. Interestingly Rossi almost instantly referred to Marquez and the Silverstone passes, hinting that he's still not altogether happy about him.
Maybe Marquez caught him cold with the handshake earlier in the season and given the circumstances Rossi was almost forced into reciprocating.
It makes me wonder would Rossi rather things had stayed as they were, with his fans booing and abusing him as well as Lorenzo.
yamfan is offline  
 
September 23rd, 2016, 07:53 AM   #842
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,516
Likes: 1678

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamfan View Post
Whilst I don't think there was too much to make of the Misano pass, apart from it was a block pass, something Rossi has made a career out of. This type of pass in some eyes is not absolutely clean, which is in his poor grasp of the English language what Lorenzo was saying.
Of course Rossi saw the worst in this and the silly argument ensued. Interestingly Rossi almost instantly referred to Marquez and the Silverstone passes, hinting that he's still not altogether happy about him.
Maybe Marquez caught him cold with the handshake earlier in the season and given the circumstances Rossi was almost forced into reciprocating.
It makes me wonder would Rossi rather things had stayed as they were, with his fans booing and abusing him as well as Lorenzo.
If thats what he wants, all he has to do is give the signal and the yellow retards will obey.
povol is offline  
September 23rd, 2016, 06:26 PM   #843
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 11,489
Likes: 2647

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusAtTwerk View Post
"Taking exception to virtually anything another rider says"

Peak of irony.

What problem? I take exception to things I disagree with and think are clearly wrong. You don't want me stating my opinion on Lorenzo calling Rossi "dirtier" than others on the grid? I believe what I believe about the end of 2015 based on the context, narrative, quotes from riders on both sides of the issue and the RD, as well as my personal eye test (something you can't relate to of course), just as I believe what I believe about other things using those and additional tools at my possession.

Do you use "epic petulant whingefest" to describe every event, or just Rossi at the end of 2015?
I apply it only to the end of 2015 Rossi whinging, given that whinging exceeded by several orders of magnitude any whinging by any other rider before or since, particularly this solicited and fairly mild comment by Lorenzo which he made clear was his opinion only, and where he specifically didn't call Rossi "dirty". If the cap fits however, Rossi can wear it, if it is his and your wish.
michaelm is offline  
September 24th, 2016, 04:27 AM   #844
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2016
From: Your mom

Posts: 159
Likes: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Again he won the fucking race, the totality of what is required of him as a GP bike rider as long as he rides legally. He is very definitely not required to adopt tactics which suit Valentino Rossi while doing so.

If he did ride with a view to thwarting Rossi, which I personally don't "believe" he did, as Birdman says so what?
So you agree with me? Or you're talking beside the point again for some other reason? Did Rossi have the biggest problem with Marquez making dirty moves (passing or otherwise), or something else. Answer the question you questioned me about, don't start talking about something else.

Again, if you believe a rider deliberately sabotaging one contenders title challenge over another because of a personal grudge is okay, that's your opinion. I have a different opinion on that matter.
GeniusAtTwerk is offline  
September 24th, 2016, 04:53 AM   #845
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,542
Likes: 2781

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusAtTwerk View Post
Again, if you believe a rider deliberately sabotaging one contenders title challenge over another because of a personal grudge is okay, that's your opinion. I have a different opinion on that matter.
No such thing happened, stop trying to grasp at straws.
JPSLotus is offline  
September 24th, 2016, 04:58 AM   #846
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 11,489
Likes: 2647

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusAtTwerk View Post
So you agree with me? Or you're talking beside the point again for some other reason? Did Rossi have the biggest problem with Marquez making dirty moves (passing or otherwise), or something else. Answer the question you questioned me about, don't start talking about something else.

Again, if you believe a rider deliberately sabotaging one contenders title challenge over another because of a personal grudge is okay, that's your opinion. I have a different opinion on that matter.
What part of him winning the race, not at all a matter of opinion, do you not understand? He rode legally and won the race.

I have opinions about how he rode which don't fit your narrative, but are equally irrelevant. Any alternative tactics he may have adopted could not have had any better result, and could conceivably have had a worse result ie not winning the race.

Last edited by michaelm; September 24th, 2016 at 05:20 AM.
michaelm is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2016, circuit, grand, marco, marino, misano, prix, round, san, simoncelli, world



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP: 2016 Round 12 - Octo British Grand Prix Silverstone Circuit UK (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 285 September 10th, 2016 11:43 PM
Getting to Misano World Circuit from the UK JoanneM MotoGP 11 August 31st, 2016 08:28 AM
MotoGP: 2016 Round 05 - Monster Energy Grand Prix de France (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 277 May 11th, 2016 07:03 AM
Motogp: 2016 Round 3 Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas MdubSTYLIE MotoGP 508 April 21st, 2016 11:47 PM
Moto GP: Aperol di San Marino e Riviera di Rimini Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli (RACE THREAD BITCHES) Big Jorge MotoGP 40 September 17th, 2013 04:07 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2022 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.