MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
July 17th, 2016, 07:07 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,436
Likes: 978

I Ride: Many
Will Dani overtake both Yamahas?

Given that Yamaha have lost the plot and are now back with the Ducatis on performance ..... and that it looks like Dani will reel in rossi ...... can he also reach Lorenzo before the end of the season?

Isnt Dani good in the early 2nd half of the seadon usually?
BarryMachine is offline  
 
July 17th, 2016, 07:25 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
danski's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: A caravan on an island

Posts: 1,783
Likes: 576

I Ride: Shanks pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryCabbage View Post
Given that Yamaha have lost the plot and are now back with the Ducatis on performance ..... and that it looks like Dani will reel in rossi ...... can he also reach Lorenzo before the end of the season?

Isnt Dani good in the early 2nd half of the seadon usually?
Steady on ! It's only last two races that results have been thrown away. Don't expect it to continue . On the other hand I would like to see Dani come good at some point .
danski is offline  
July 17th, 2016, 07:34 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,615
Likes: 2128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
Steady on ! It's only last two races that results have been thrown away. Don't expect it to continue .
I don't think so either. Dani only just held off Jack Miller at the end of this race.

Last edited by michaelm; July 17th, 2016 at 07:37 AM.
michaelm is offline  
July 17th, 2016, 11:49 AM   #4
Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: El Paso, TX

Posts: 67
Likes: 29

It's possible, and I certainly hope so. Danni is a great guy, but unfortunately, don't see him winning a title in his career. But a 2nd place this season would be awesome. He's probably the best rider by far who doesn't pretend to be the #1, so a very safe team choice for points and a lack of conflict with the #1.
elptxjc is offline  
July 17th, 2016, 12:00 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2016
From: North England

Posts: 419
Likes: 119

I Ride: Yz250, rgv250
Today was danis best chance of winning this year Imo
Richy56 is offline  
July 17th, 2016, 06:53 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,461
Likes: 1632

Dani is still struggling with the bike in the dry, so no, i cant see him overtaking either of the Yamahas
povol is offline  
July 17th, 2016, 10:42 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: New Zealand

Posts: 830
Likes: 298

I Ride: An R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by elptxjc View Post
It's possible, and I certainly hope so. Danni is a great guy, but unfortunately, don't see him winning a title in his career. But a 2nd place this season would be awesome. He's probably the best rider by far who doesn't pretend to be the #1, so a very safe team choice for points and a lack of conflict with the #1.
I think he's a waste of a factory Honda, i don't know how he's managed to stay on a top bike since 2006 and not deliver a single title.
pyeman is offline  
July 18th, 2016, 12:19 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
MigsAngel's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: UK

Posts: 2,599
Likes: 271

I Ride: 675...
Dani and Rossi will both catch and pass JLo...and no one will catch MM
MigsAngel is offline  
July 18th, 2016, 03:16 AM   #9
SPECTRE
 
Dr No's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Crab Key

Posts: 2,994
Likes: 726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy56 View Post
Today was danis best chance of winning this year Imo
He was pretty annoyed at the race stoppage at Assen....
He generally pulls a win out of somewhere, but along your lines, he appears to be having more trouble this year
Dr No is offline  
July 18th, 2016, 03:22 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,436
Likes: 978

I Ride: Many
I think I more wonder whether ( regardless of Danis absolute performance ), relative to rossi and Lorenzo he is gaining.

Dani may not be performing as well as he has in some previous years but with Yamahas two riders going even more poorly than him, we may see two Hondas at the top by the end of the season.
BarryMachine is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
dani, overtake, yamahas



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dani pic MdubSTYLIE MotoGP 1 February 15th, 2011 12:38 PM
the year i was born! yamahas 1st foray in gp racing! frosty58 MotoGP 7 May 29th, 2010 01:20 PM
Stiggy to run Yamahas? mylexicon World Superbike 1 September 3rd, 2009 04:18 PM
little dani rossi 46 winner MotoGP 9 February 8th, 2006 02:28 AM
Dani Pedrosa Austin MotoGP 1 May 17th, 2005 12:08 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.