MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree58Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
May 17th, 2016, 10:36 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,726
Likes: 3982

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkjw View Post
Posting my ideas I see
Caught!
Jumkie is offline  
 
May 17th, 2016, 10:43 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,347
Likes: 2578

I don't see where Iannone goes outside of Suzuki or KTM....can't see him going to a satellite bike at this point. KTM might be the better bet since I think KTM is going to be far more prepared than people are expecting.
JPSLotus is offline  
May 17th, 2016, 11:06 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
yamfan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: Uk

Posts: 762
Likes: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthakannan View Post
Reg data sharing, both factory riders seems to benefit from other's. Even lorenzo told tat he corrected his corner exit based on the feedback from his suspension engineer, who in turn got the impression from Rossi. Similarly, Bradley used to tell that satellite riders are also giving tons of data to the factory riders, however the reverse is not happening...

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk


Lorenzo did indeed get the idea of picking the bike up slower like Rossi from his suspension engineer Patrick, who noticed this ON THE TRACK. Not by overnight perusal of his team mates' setup data. The allegations claimed that Rossi's setup data veered ever closer to Lorenzo's as the weekend went on...
Richy56 likes this.
yamfan is online now  
May 17th, 2016, 11:10 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
yamfan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: Uk

Posts: 762
Likes: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Now VR has Viņalez to follow around for a tow.



He's been doing it all season, since Lorenzo sat in the pits, looking back at him during qualifying in Qatar.
I'll give him his dues though, he managed Jerez on his own.
yamfan is online now  
May 17th, 2016, 11:18 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
MigsAngel's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: UK

Posts: 2,609
Likes: 274

I Ride: 675...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
I don't see where Iannone goes outside of Suzuki or KTM....can't see him going to a satellite bike at this point. KTM might be the better bet since I think KTM is going to be far more prepared than people are expecting.
100% agree with your thoughts on Ktm. I just think they are going to come ready to fight in top 10,,,,
MigsAngel is offline  
May 17th, 2016, 11:24 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
danski's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: A caravan on an island

Posts: 1,783
Likes: 576

I Ride: Shanks pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Now VR has Viņalez to follow around for a tow.]
Haha, didn't work out too well tho, left him on row 3 and a lot of work to do.
danski is offline  
May 17th, 2016, 11:40 AM   #37
Member
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Posts: 39
Likes: 9

I Ride: YZF R15
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamfan View Post
Lorenzo did indeed get the idea of picking the bike up slower like Rossi from his suspension engineer Patrick, who noticed this ON THE TRACK. Not by overnight perusal of his team mates' setup data. The allegations claimed that Rossi's setup data veered ever closer to Lorenzo's as the weekend went on...
In addition, Lorenzo during last year string of victories, told that his team after Argentina uses 2014 race data as a base setup and worked over it. Tat approach has calmed him pretty much and evolution based approach also prevented them from making radical silly mistakes. For a fellow rider, this gives u a pretty clear picture of what changes helps u in making grounds. However, their riding style won't allow them to have a similar setup
danski likes this.

Last edited by ananthakannan; May 17th, 2016 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Double post
ananthakannan is offline  
May 17th, 2016, 11:44 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
danski's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: A caravan on an island

Posts: 1,783
Likes: 576

I Ride: Shanks pony.
Thus data stealing is useless, a crime against yourself!
ananthakannan likes this.
danski is offline  
May 17th, 2016, 11:56 AM   #39
Member
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Posts: 39
Likes: 9

I Ride: YZF R15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
Thus data stealing is useless, a crime against yourself!
Data sharing can be accepted. However, when it neutralises your edge over your opponent, as a rider the frustration is understandable. Even the satellite riders deserves atleast some sharing of these knowledge. Bradley voiced the same last year.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
danski likes this.
ananthakannan is offline  
May 17th, 2016, 11:57 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
yamfan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: Uk

Posts: 762
Likes: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthakannan View Post
In addition, Lorenzo during last year string of victories, told that his team after Argentina uses 2014 race data as a base setup and worked over it. Tat approach has calmed him pretty much and evolution based approach also prevented them from making radical silly mistakes. For a fellow rider, this gives u a pretty clear picture of what changes helps u in making grounds. However, their riding style won't allow them to have a similar setup


Are you jerry burgess? Turned out he knew nothing about setting Rossi's bike up too!
Seriously no, I'd never knock JB, the guy performed wonders for years, I'm convinced his wife's health had a big part in his fall from grace.
It's the same bike, the same track, same time and weather. Does Rossi ride it backwards or side saddle? (Don't answer the latter)
Of course the settings will be similar, the media banged on endlessly how Rossi had to reinvent himself and ride like the others to keep up...
yamfan is online now  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
contract, dovisioso, pedrosa, renewed, renews, vinales, yamaha



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pedrosa to Yamaha p4p1 MotoGP 83 May 17th, 2016 10:47 PM
Yamaha extends Rossi contract to 2018 #22 MotoGP 466 May 17th, 2016 04:13 AM
Pedrosa will be riding for Yamaha next year Mr Squiggle MotoGP 0 October 28th, 2015 03:18 PM
Spies extends Yamaha contract to end of 2012 Viper-7 MotoGP 7 June 9th, 2011 03:10 AM
Rossi to extend contract with Yamaha to 2010 jazkat MotoGP 4 June 6th, 2008 09:35 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2019 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.