MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


View Poll Results: Would Dorna interfere in the decision of who gets the 2nd Yamaha seat?
No, Dorna would not interfere. They will let Yamaha choose 27 84.38%
Yes, they would interfere, and try to get Dani Pedrosa on the second Yamaha 2 6.25%
Yes, they would interfere, and try to get Maverick Viņales on the bike. 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree174Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
May 17th, 2016, 12:11 PM   #141
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2008
From: New Jersey, USA

Posts: 808
Likes: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
Rossi will never leave the sport he loves, already runs an academy to bring new talent to GP. He'll also no doubt manage a team in the big class and guarantee a zillion discussions about him right here!

I bet he retires in 2018 when Lorenzo wipes him on the duc
Richy56 likes this.
clarkjw is offline  
 
May 17th, 2016, 12:58 PM   #142
Senior Member
 
danski's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: A caravan on an island

Posts: 1,793
Likes: 582

I Ride: Shanks pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkjw View Post
I bet he retires in 2018 when Lorenzo wipes him on the duc
You won't get massive odds on him retiring then, his contract is up.
danski is offline  
May 18th, 2016, 02:00 AM   #143
Senior Member
 
danski's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: A caravan on an island

Posts: 1,793
Likes: 582

I Ride: Shanks pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Playing off the title of this thread, here is some 'Theoretical err...Theatrical "Journalism"'.


MotoGP?s dark side: the twits and the trolls | Motor Sport Magazine


I like how Mat Oxley completely glosses over the INDIVIDUAL who started this shit.
Okay I'm going to go further back in the season and say it was Lorenzo who first came out with disrespect for VR last season thus starting the bad feelings.
Rossi hits back at Lorenzo; It's war
Not defending Rossi here, just pointing out that Lorenzo had also been sticking the verbal boot in too. I'm hoping you also see that for what it is, same stuff that Rossi gets rapped for all the time.
danski is offline  
May 18th, 2016, 02:26 AM   #144
Senior Member
 
yamfan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: Uk

Posts: 784
Likes: 390

There was nothing disrespectful towards Rossi in Lorenzo's comments Dani, he said two things.
1 being the data sharing was in his mind one sided. True.
2 being bad luck cost him the Japanese gp. True. He mastered the wet and put about a second a lap into everyone and built a big lead, only for the weather to dry up and shred his tyre.
There was no smartness from Vale or Dani that day, simply luck as their tyres hadn't been pushed as much as neither were willing to push in the wet like Lorenzo did that day.
You are defending Rossi but in this case you're wrong.
yamfan is offline  
May 18th, 2016, 03:04 AM   #145
Senior Member
 
danski's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: A caravan on an island

Posts: 1,793
Likes: 582

I Ride: Shanks pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamfan View Post
There was nothing disrespectful towards Rossi in Lorenzo's comments Dani, he said two things.
1 being the data sharing was in his mind one sided. True.
2 being bad luck cost him the Japanese gp. True. He mastered the wet and put about a second a lap into everyone and built a big lead, only for the weather to dry up and shred his tyre.
There was no smartness from Vale or Dani that day, simply luck as their tyres hadn't been pushed as much as neither were willing to push in the wet like Lorenzo did that day.
You are defending Rossi but in this case you're wrong.
Wrong, read my post, it does say I'm NOT defending Rossi, I'm pointing out the double standards employed by some, it's ok for one but not the other.
Also it was said back in the day that Hayden's championship was luck, which is wrong, so was Jorge's statement.
danski is offline  
May 18th, 2016, 03:19 AM   #146
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,490
Likes: 2699

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
Okay I'm going to go further back in the season and say it was Lorenzo who first came out with disrespect for VR last season thus starting the bad feelings.
Rossi hits back at Lorenzo; It's war
Not defending Rossi here, just pointing out that Lorenzo had also been sticking the verbal boot in too. I'm hoping you also see that for what it is, same stuff that Rossi gets rapped for all the time.
Here's Lorenzo's quote...

Quote:
So yes, I believe at this moment of the championship especially but in general, I am the fastest one this year because the bike, my speed, my concentration. But these are the circumstances at this moment and maybe it will change in the next rounds.
Disrespectful?

You should read more carefully.

It was the media and Rossi trying to create a story out of a non-story.

He was the fastest rider in 2015, his 7 race wins were flag to flag. There's no doubt his bike was good as the M1 last year was a better bike than the RCV overall.

There's no double standard, there's only those who want to believe it.
Cool Blue and Richy56 like this.
JPSLotus is offline  
May 18th, 2016, 03:55 AM   #147
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: Europe

Posts: 56
Likes: 23

Well, being the fastest means winning: if it means something more abstract based on datas, fine, but then it's worthless. Lorenzo's pace has gained meaning last year after he was crowned champion, not before. If Rossi had won it, something which afterall has come very close to being reality, his consistency/adaptability would have been much more meaningful than Lorenzo's pace. Now, leaving all controversy aside (hopefully forever, both from Rossi lovers and haters), since Lorenzo won in 2015, we can say his pace was the defining factor of the championship.

Moral of the story is: data-based overall superior speed doesn't always mean you're the better rider. And Lorenzo has this thing where often when he loses he has to remark it to downgrade other riders (often Rossi's) performance. As much as I think reasonable Rossi fans should understand why a lot of people here have a lot of things against 46, reasonable Rossi "haters" here should understand why such repeated post-race remarks from Lorenzo are perceived as dull. They are dull, just like Rossi's "golden prince" attitude sometimes is kinda dull.
danski likes this.
CharlieParker is offline  
May 18th, 2016, 04:13 AM   #148
Senior Member
 
danski's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: A caravan on an island

Posts: 1,793
Likes: 582

I Ride: Shanks pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
Here's Lorenzo's quote...



Disrespectful?

You should read more carefully.

It was the media and Rossi trying to create a story out of a non-story.

He was the fastest rider in 2015, his 7 race wins were flag to flag. There's no doubt his bike was good as the M1 last year was a better bike than the RCV overall.

There's no double standard, there's only those who want to believe it.
So everything about Rossi is a story and everything about Lorenzo is a non story ?
danski is offline  
May 18th, 2016, 04:25 AM   #149
#22
Senior Member
 
#22's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: In Cider

Posts: 4,128
Likes: 1881

I think the trouble is Daniboy, is that Rossi's Modus operandi for a long time has been to subliminally give out messages and take digs at his rivals, so when you have form it is common for people to think that way.

Lorenzo has by no means never courted contreversy with his comments, but things Rossi says like "It takes balls to ride for Ducati, so I think Lorenzo will stay with Yamaha" are a direct insult towards Lorenzo.
danski likes this.
#22 is offline  
May 18th, 2016, 04:25 AM   #150
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,490
Likes: 2699

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
So everything about Rossi is a story and everything about Lorenzo is a non story ?
Who the hell even said that?
JPSLotus is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
question, seat, theoretical, yamaha



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Satellite Seat Contracts whammy MotoGP 5 July 13th, 2014 08:46 PM
West loses Speed Master MotoGP seat jazkat MotoGP 124 February 17th, 2012 11:40 AM
Bautista To Take Pedrosa's Seat In 2010? Bootsakah MotoGP 66 February 23rd, 2009 02:41 PM
Danni's Baby Seat Morgo MotoGP 2 February 17th, 2006 09:18 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2021 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.