MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree280Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 23rd, 2016, 02:00 AM   #81
Senior Member
 
danski's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: A caravan on an island

Posts: 1,783
Likes: 576

I Ride: Shanks pony.
Rossi has improved his time from fp2 by over a second! So has Dani, others not so much, interesting stuff!
danski is offline  
 
April 23rd, 2016, 02:05 AM   #82
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,683
Likes: 2074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrabbiata1 View Post
Stoner's obviously missing racing. How about similarly trying to coax a few riders out of retirement Gaz? I have one or two suggestions.
As long as bloody Fogarty aint one.

Mind you Shakey is still around, McElnae likely and for us Aussies we should get the sultan of slide back ............ bring back McCoy (not sure what he is up to these days)

Goey may be a go as well if he can get court permission


On the serious side, with the signing of JL to Ducati I genuinely feel that there is a bigger chance of CS coming back, but we are talking bigger in terms of no longer 0%, maybe more like 10% as he and JL do seem to have mutual respect (remember PI when JL lost the finger and CS headed to medical to check on him)

Seriously, who would the brits have?

Yes there is talk of Rea but genuinely is there anyone?


And BTW, I saw O'Halloran got a decent result the other week so glad to see him doing ok

Last edited by Gaz; April 23rd, 2016 at 02:54 AM.
Gaz is offline  
April 23rd, 2016, 02:10 AM   #83
Senior Member
 
lil red rocket pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
From: The North!

Posts: 3,449
Likes: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
I couldn't fathom it when Jack Miller was brought into the big class straight from Moto 3, imo he will always be learning things that would come more naturally to a rider who has been through Moto 2 , thus putting him at a disadvantage. As for British hopes, I can't see how a kid would progress like his Spanish or Italian counterpart when we just don't have any decent national championships.
By racing in spanish and world championships
lil red rocket pilot is offline  
April 23rd, 2016, 02:16 AM   #84
Senior Member
 
danski's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: A caravan on an island

Posts: 1,783
Likes: 576

I Ride: Shanks pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil red rocket pilot View Post
By racing in spanish and world championships
Yes but that depends on funds being available, which also depends on the probability of rich parents having offspring with the right skillset to make it.
If this country had comparable championships then the pool of chance get much larger.
danski is offline  
April 23rd, 2016, 02:32 AM   #85
Blue Smoker
 
Arrabbiata1's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: Out of Nowhere

Posts: 6,911
Likes: 2579

I Ride: The original
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
Yes but that depends on funds being available, which also depends on the probability of rich parents having offspring with the right skillset to make it.
If this country had comparable championships then the pool of chance get much larger.
Absolutely agree. Leon Camier's family remortgaged their house to keep him in racing. Colin and Bronwyn Stoner relocated to the UK in order that their son could compete in what was then a respectable 125 championship and race at 14 before contesting in Spain.

Thriving competitive national championships not only nurture but attract talent. These initiatives should continue to be affiliated and supported by BSB. Crutchlow came to attention not through the Aprilia superteens but the R6 Cup which earned him a Supersport Ride and eventually a progression to WSB.
Arrabbiata1 is offline  
April 23rd, 2016, 02:37 AM   #86
Senior Member
 
lil red rocket pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
From: The North!

Posts: 3,449
Likes: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
Yes but that depends on funds being available, which also depends on the probability of rich parents having offspring with the right skillset to make it.
If this country had comparable championships then the pool of chance get much larger.
I agree however the best we have is moto3 in bsb.
But on the minimoto scene there are a few different series for the four to ten year olds that are doing a decent job finding up coming young talent.
Thundersport superteens is also a good series and most of the young talent will also be found there, but usually by then these young'uns already have some sort of sponsorship backing behind them/ in place.
As for the young un I know and follow his family isn't by any means rich, His old man does own a motorcycle repair and sales shop and dare say they have a comfortable lifestyle, but rich, no
In 2012 Rory, the young lad was 11 and had no options really except minimoto series which he had won the two previous seasons so his dad applied to the Scottish ACU for him to race in a classic two stroke 125 series on a 125 chassis and a 80cc Derbi motor hand built by his dad. This was allowed and he won 30 out of 34 races, a third a second and two dnf's. one of which was his dad forgetting to switch the fuel on. This sounds impressive yes? It's even more impressive when the fact the 125 series only had a few competitors so was put in class with 300cc ninja kwakers and he beat them too.
I did have some old footage from knockers, will try fish it out and put it up.
Dr No and danski like this.
lil red rocket pilot is offline  
April 23rd, 2016, 02:48 AM   #87
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: New Zealand

Posts: 830
Likes: 298

I Ride: An R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
As long as bloody Fogarty aint one.

Mind you Shakey is still around, McElnae likely and for us Aussies we should get the sultan of slide back ............ bring back McCoy (not sure what he is up to these days)

Goey may be a go as well if he can get court permission


On the serious side, with the signing of JL to Ducati I genuinely feel that there is a bigger chance of CS coming back, but we are talking bigger in terms of no longer 0%, maybe more like 10% as he and JL do seem to have mutual respect (remember PI when JL lost the finger and CS headed to medical to check on him)

Seriously, who would the brits have?

Yes there is talk of Rea but genuinely is there anyone?


And BTW, I say O'Halloran got a decent result the other week so glad to see him doing ok
I'd love to see Stoner back just so i could check out his missus's ass when she holds his brolly on the grid again,but unfortunately it's not gonna happen is it?.
pyeman is offline  
April 23rd, 2016, 03:14 AM   #88
SPECTRE
 
Dr No's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Crab Key

Posts: 2,994
Likes: 726

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil red rocket pilot View Post
I agree however the best we have is moto3 in bsb.
But on the minimoto scene there are a few different series for the four to ten year olds that are doing a decent job finding up coming young talent.
Thundersport superteens is also a good series and most of the young talent will also be found there, but usually by then these young'uns already have some sort of sponsorship backing behind them/ in place.
As for the young un I know and follow his family isn't by any means rich, His old man does own a motorcycle repair and sales shop and dare say they have a comfortable lifestyle, but rich, no
In 2012 Rory, the young lad was 11 and had no options really except minimoto series which he had won the two previous seasons so his dad applied to the Scottish ACU for him to race in a classic two stroke 125 series on a 125 chassis and a 80cc Derbi motor hand built by his dad. This was allowed and he won 30 out of 34 races, a third a second and two dnf's. one of which was his dad forgetting to switch the fuel on. This sounds impressive yes? It's even more impressive when the fact the 125 series only had a few competitors so was put in class with 300cc ninja kwakers and he beat them too.
I did have some old footage from knockers, will try fish it out and put it up.
I used to help rebuild Derbi angines and be pit janitor for a brother sister combination on RMUs (Similar concept as Rory's bike - an RS125 copy chassis built to hold Derbi 80s)
Dr No is offline  
April 23rd, 2016, 03:24 AM   #89
Senior Member
 
MigsAngel's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: UK

Posts: 2,599
Likes: 271

I Ride: 675...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
Rossi has improved his time from fp2 by over a second! So has Dani, others not so much, interesting stuff!
Did you notice that Jorge was towing around the B-Team ducati's and he wasnt complaining about it?
MigsAngel is offline  
April 23rd, 2016, 03:53 AM   #90
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,614
Likes: 2128

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigsAngel View Post
Did you notice that Jorge was towing around the B-Team ducati's and he wasnt complaining about it?
If you want to dabble in strange coincidences, something I wouldn't have chosen to do myself, perhaps this could also apply to VR being faster than Jorge in FP3 and Alex Asparagus suddenly being faster than a possibly Yamaha bound Vinales.
michaelm is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2016, bull, espana, gran, motogp, premio, red, round



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP: 2016 Round 02 - Gran Premio Motul de la República Argentina (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 533 April 9th, 2016 01:04 PM
MotoGP: 2015 Round 13 - Gran Premio TIM di San Marino (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 439 September 19th, 2015 01:23 AM
Gran Premio bwin de España Practice and Qualifying povol MotoGP 38 May 13th, 2014 10:39 PM
MotoGP: 2013 Round 05 - Gran Premio d'Italia (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 164 June 4th, 2013 09:18 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.