MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree290Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 18th, 2016, 10:00 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Bababooey

Posts: 632
Likes: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntG View Post
I hate this shite that you need to "win on different manufacturers" to be considered a great.

So by that reckoning Doohan, Rainey and Roberts aren't greats either in the eyes of numpties, fucking hell, even Hailwoods 4 500cc championships came on just one bike, the MV and he's generally regarded by those who know a lot more about motorcycle racing than I do as the undisputed best ever.
you certainly don't HAVE to win on another bike to be considered great, but to some people it certainly helps solidify greatness. To them it says, it was not just great equipment, but great riding.
tps7c is offline  
 
April 18th, 2016, 10:05 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 9,372
Likes: 1539

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntG View Post
I hate this shite that you need to "win on different manufacturers" to be considered a great.

So by that reckoning Doohan, Rainey and Roberts aren't greats either in the eyes of numpties, fucking hell, even Hailwoods 4 500cc championships came on just one bike, the MV and he's generally regarded by those who know a lot more about motorcycle racing than I do as the undisputed best ever.
Absolutely. I hope Jorge is doing this with appropriate forethought and a realistic chance of winning rather than repeating Rossi's error and embarking on a Ducati adventure because of pique (however justified) and ego.
michaelm is offline  
April 18th, 2016, 10:45 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2016
From: North England

Posts: 419
Likes: 119

I Ride: Yz250, rgv250
I hope he wins the title this year on the yam and next on the duc just to rub salt in rossi's wounds even more.

Never mind hope, I think he can. Can't do any worse than the supposed goat when he was on the red machine
Richy56 is offline  
April 18th, 2016, 10:54 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
L8Braker's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Tar Heel State

Posts: 2,508
Likes: 23

Will Jorge's smooth style mesh with the new Duc?
L8Braker is offline  
April 18th, 2016, 10:57 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 8,499
Likes: 528

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy56 View Post
Can't do any worse than the supposed goat when he was on the red machine
But Stoner did pretty well on the Duc.
gekko1ro and libby like this.
BarryMachine is online now  
April 18th, 2016, 10:59 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Bababooey

Posts: 632
Likes: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
But Stoner did pretty well on the Duc.
Stoner secretly rode Ducati's as a small boy in Autralia
tps7c is offline  
April 18th, 2016, 11:18 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,006
Likes: 1274

Without Lorenzo at Yamaha to keep Marquez in check, we might just see 2014 over and over again, and that is a boppers worst nightmare.
povol is offline  
April 18th, 2016, 11:28 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,192
Likes: 3380

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto vudu View Post
Take some risks and experience different bikes.
You just summarized (though subtly, perhaps unintentionally) the narrative Rossi provided his fans to echo, which they have been. However, let us be clear, Rossi did NOT switch manufacturers because he wanted to take on some 'heroic risky challenge'. He did NOT do it for some honorable reason, quite the contrary, it was over a lack of character!

Rossi left in a fit of ego because he demanded all the control, credit, and preferential treatment. Honda wanted to point out they were responsible for engineering a great machine (how mean of them) Yamaha at the time wanted to offer Lorenzo equal support (a crime, i know). Rossi saying "it takes balls to switch" is bullshit, he didnít switch for that reason himself and was clearly trying to goad Lorenzo. I don't believe Lorenzo left Yamaha over goading. I don't believe he was too affected by Rossi's ongoing petulant behavior, the problem was his employer not only allowed Rossi to foment dissonance but worse Yamaha contributed to the debacle by publicly backing up VR for an indefensible act. I don't believe Jorge left over money, a new challenge, or to prove something he had already proved at Yamaha (like Julian Ryder hypothesized on a whim in coach, and I'm sure the message will be echoed by his colleagues); I think Jorge left Yamaha because he places human relationships who conduct themselves with principles for life, such as honor, respect, honesty, and fairness above other tangibles.
#22, levigarrett, JPSLotus and 4 others like this.
Jumkie is offline  
April 18th, 2016, 11:31 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Bababooey

Posts: 632
Likes: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
You just summarized (though subtly, perhaps unintentionally) the narrative Rossi provided his fans to echo, which they have been. However, let us be clear, Rossi did NOT switch manufacturers because he wanted to take on some 'heroic risky challenge'. He did NOT do it for some honorable reason, quite the contrary, it was over a lack of character!

Rossi left in a fit of ego because he demanded all the control, credit, and preferential treatment. Honda wanted to point out they were responsible for engineering a great machine (how mean of them) Yamaha at the time wanted to offer Lorenzo equal support (a crime, i know). Rossi saying "it takes balls to switch" is bullshit, he didnít switch for that reason himself and was clearly trying to goad Lorenzo. I don't believe Lorenzo left Yamaha over goading. I don't believe he was too affected by Rossi's ongoing petulant behavior, the problem was his employer not only allowed Rossi to foment dissonance but worse Yamaha contributed to the debacle by publicly backing up VR for an indefensible act. I don't believe Jorge left over money, a new challenge, or to prove something he had already proved at Yamaha (like Julian Ryder hypothesized on a whim in coach, and I'm sure the message will be echoed by his colleagues); I think Jorge left Yamaha because he places human relationships who conduct themselves with principles for life, such as honor, respect, honesty, and fairness above other tangibles.
you act is if Lorenzo is a Saint, yet he is truly a scoundrel...
tps7c is offline  
April 18th, 2016, 11:33 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
WVMotoGP99's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2015
From: Hurricane, WV

Posts: 791
Likes: 327

I Ride: 2008 Yamaha FZ6 & 2004 Fatboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tps7c View Post
you act is if Lorenzo is a Saint, yet he is truly a scoundrel...


Just curious as to what "scoundrel" act you are referencing?
WVMotoGP99 is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
confirmed, ducati, finally, lorenzo



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FINALLY CONFIRMED! Yamaha will welcome valentiono rossi officially tomorrow morning naseefbaramy MotoGP 297 April 23rd, 2016 07:03 PM
FINALLY CONFIRMED! Andrea Dovisioso signs for Ducati #22 MotoGP 72 August 23rd, 2012 08:10 AM
Yamaha finally as fast as Ducati cygnus88 MotoGP 7 August 12th, 2009 11:35 AM
UPDATE 1-Ducati 9-month profit soars, 2007 forecast confirmed Pinky MotoGP 19 November 2nd, 2007 08:41 PM
Yamaha deal with Lorenzo confirmed stv21 MotoGP 63 July 26th, 2007 04:46 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2017 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.