MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree110Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 20th, 2016, 03:09 PM   #71
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,739
Likes: 2146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
You may want to see a doctor about your olfaction sense then.

I disagree. Iannone was not making a passing attempt, he was attempting to guard his flank from a possible Jerez 05.

Pedrosa was something utterly different.


So we disagree then .... awesome as after all we cannot agree on all things

To me, Ianonne was making an overtake attempt, or at least an attempt of 'I am here' showing of the wheel and fucked it.

Pedrosa was making an overtake attempt and fucked it.

As for my olfaction, it is all good last time it was checked and given that I can smell dog farts at 50 feet I will say it is still ok
Gaz is offline  
 
April 20th, 2016, 03:19 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,726
Likes: 3982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post

To me, Ianonne was making an overtake attempt, or at least an attempt of 'I am here' showing of the wheel and fucked it.
You know, my initial thoughts were Iannone screwed up a passing attempt, but when I reviewed it immediately I detected something that did not convince me he was trying to overtake at all. When Iannone explain what happened I wholeheartedly believed him, both because I had seen something that didn't quite jive and because I have no reason to think he was lying.
Jumkie is offline  
April 20th, 2016, 10:40 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,891
Likes: 2247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
This was the quote I was looking for, thanks, great find. A couple of things I'd like to highlight:

#1: Pedrosa rejected tires supposedly 'tailored for HIM". This flys in the face of those arguing that other riders got tailor made tires with them in mind. Migs said based on the Michelin statement (as if they were going to admit to providing unfair advantages) that it proved others got tires tailored to them. YET, Pedrosa rejected these tires and elected to use....wait for it, tires that were NOT tailored for him! Logical? Why would he do that? Maybe because the tires were tailored, yes, but SUITED someone else? That would certainly make sense.

#2: Those tires were NOT destined for TONI ELIAS, and they were NOT 'TAILORED" for TONI ELIAS. This is a matter of FACT. Not conspiracy or conjecture. However here is another FACT: Toni Elias won the race on these exact tires! Tires that otherwise were NOT destined for Toni Elias, and quite possibly decided the 2006 World Championship! (Stop, if you are reading this, and consider this last statement.) It is quite reasonable and probable that Toni Elias would not have won the Estoril race, and Valentino Rossi would have been a further 5 points up going into Valencia, 5 points was in fact the margin that decided the 2006 championship!

#3: Notice that these 'tailored' "Saturday Night Specials" were described as going "spare". That means they were not going to be used. A small twist of fait, they ended up on Toni Elias' wheels. Multiple this times several years of having 'tailor" made tires for Valentino Rossi. Is there still any doubt in a person capable of reading these word, with the minimal capacity to reason, that this did not translate into a real advantage that decided championships?
The Kropotkin quote was the one I remembered as well. Certainly the tyres proved an advantage for Elias and it seems he didn't get them normally even riding for Gresini Honda.

This whole thread is spurious in any case, involving nitpicking about ancillary evidence, one piece of which has now been produced.

There are very candid quotes as per the OP regarding the race-day tyres from Colin Edwards, Rossi's team-mate and continuing supporter who rode on the tyres, and it is hard to imagine a more direct source.

As I have said, I have my doubts about how much they benefited VR against his major rivals, not because of Paps' quaint avowals that his faith in the Great Yellow One overcomes things like pesky facts and actual occurrences, but because Biaggi, Hayden and Gibernau seemed happy with them. It seems pretty clear that Colin Edwards and others were not, however, and that the likes of Casey Stoner and usually Toni Elias didn't get them at all.

I don't think it was a conspiracy either, just the way Michelin worked then and had worked historically before then; someone posted Mick Doohan wasn't on the list for the top tyres initially.

Last edited by michaelm; April 21st, 2016 at 01:25 AM.
michaelm is offline  
April 21st, 2016, 03:11 AM   #74
Senior Member
 
yamfan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: Uk

Posts: 771
Likes: 385

It's pretty much reported by the press who were "in the know" that the tyres Elias was given that day allowed him to slide his way to victory and do this...

yamfan is offline  
April 21st, 2016, 06:34 AM   #75
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Bababooey

Posts: 632
Likes: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamfan View Post
It's pretty much reported by the press who were "in the know" that the tyres Elias was given that day allowed him to slide his way to victory and do this...

Do what?? Shoot his load all over a bunch of men???
tps7c is offline  
April 22nd, 2016, 12:00 PM   #76
Senior Member
 
gekko1ro's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Romania

Posts: 470
Likes: 187

I Ride: suzuki sv 650, honda xl 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tps7c View Post
Do what?? Shoot his load all over a bunch of men???
lame. this is the best "david vs goliath" moment in gp i can think of from my very limited knowledge.
Jumkie and Dr No like this.
gekko1ro is offline  
April 22nd, 2016, 12:57 PM   #77
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 1,038
Likes: 262

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/factory-2-op-ed/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID EMMETT
It also highlights where the difference lays between the top teams and the satellite teams. Winning a race as a satellite rider has become virtually impossible. The last time that happened was when Toni Elias won at Estoril in 2006.
That victory was due in large part to the tires which Elias had, a set of tires made especially for Dani Pedrosa, which the Repsol Honda rider had rejected. They gave Elias enough of a boost for him to win the race.
Jumkie likes this.

Last edited by evo9; April 22nd, 2016 at 01:01 PM.
evo9 is offline  
April 22nd, 2016, 01:06 PM   #78
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Bababooey

Posts: 632
Likes: 69

So if you guys are so convinced the sport is rigged and Rossi is the puppet master, why on earth do you continue to watch, year after year?!?!?!
ultraImAn likes this.
tps7c is offline  
April 22nd, 2016, 05:58 PM   #79
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Quebec

Posts: 238
Likes: 73

I Ride: RZ500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tps7c View Post
So if you guys are so convinced the sport is rigged and Rossi is the puppet master, why on earth do you continue to watch, year after year?!?!?!
This 'SNS' bullshit is just another exaggeration created by this forum to undermine Valentino and his achievements. This is the reason why OP can not find any concrete information not even from the great Google. I watched the race and remember it like yesterday. Elias was wired, riding out of his skin, and out dragged VR in a photo finish with Kenny right behind them. He could have easily been 3rd and no one would be discussing this SNS bullshit.
ultraImAn and tps7c like this.
paparazzo is offline  
April 22nd, 2016, 06:02 PM   #80
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Bababooey

Posts: 632
Likes: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by paparazzo View Post
This 'SNS' bullshit is just another exaggeration created by this forum to undermine Valentino and his achievements. This is the reason why OP can not find any concrete information not even from the great Google. I watched the race and remember it like yesterday. Elias was wired, riding out of his skin, and out dragged VR in a photo finish with Kenny right behind them. He could have easily been 3rd and no one would be discussing this SNS bullshit.
These guys never want to admit they are wrong about ANYTHING!!!
ultraImAn likes this.
tps7c is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
bridgestone, info, needed, sns, switch



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suzuki switch appealing for Andrea Dovizioso roscoe MotoGP 0 May 14th, 2014 08:53 PM
Aspar to Drop Ducati Switch To CRT Status Pigeon MotoGP 11 October 15th, 2011 12:59 PM
Rossi considering Superbike switch ryan92 World Superbike 16 April 7th, 2011 02:01 PM
Ducati To Switch To Michelin alex29 MotoGP 53 September 27th, 2008 11:18 PM
Rossi keen on rallying switch?? Dazza Motorsports 26 December 9th, 2006 07:37 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2020 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.