MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree255Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
February 12th, 2016, 07:02 AM   #81
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,881
Likes: 1686

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
Kesh has tried to provoke me 2-3 times recently with snide remarks about political affiliation that had nothing to do with the topic that was being discussed. You know what I did, nothing. I ignored it for what it was . Like I said the last time, grow some skin and ignore it. Quit running around like the school yard tattle tale trying to get someone sent to the principles office because your feelings got hurt. You gotta know that in the scheme of things, this shit ain't worth it. Feed a stray dog, he will never leave your porch, ignore him and he goes away to find his needs elsewhere.
I can't argue with that provol
MdubSTYLIE is offline  
 
February 12th, 2016, 07:06 AM   #82
Senior Member
 
WVMotoGP99's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2015
From: Hurricane, WV

Posts: 812
Likes: 336

I Ride: 2008 Yamaha FZ6 & 2004 Fatboy
Can you guys at least start a "Bitching, Whining, Fighting because he said this or that and I don't like him (or her)" thread? My ADHD short attention span is having a real hard time trying to stay on actual topic of the thread. At this point I think Rossi said something in post 52 about Jumkie, so Jorge jumped in and smacked down Kesh, when Mdub wasn't signed by Honda... But I might be getting my posts confused a bit..
WVMotoGP99 is offline  
February 12th, 2016, 07:40 AM   #83
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: Netherlands

Posts: 2,127
Likes: 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr No View Post
99% with you, Kropo...except that I drank half a dozen pints earlier.
Week off. Sun shining. My tolerance for Impy Units is high.
I am perfectly happy for beer to be sold in pints. As long as it is calibrated using SI units.
Dr No likes this.
Kropotkin is offline  
February 12th, 2016, 07:44 AM   #84
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: Netherlands

Posts: 2,127
Likes: 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
I don't know how you write out dates over there in long form, but if you are, using 2/11/16 is just a shortened version of the long form...

February 11, 2016 = 2/11/16

Unless you want to be more proper and say, the 11th day of February, Two Thousand and Sixteen, then you'd get 11/2/16 in shortened form.

2/11/16 makes perfect sense.

Or you could do 2/11/2016.

Issuing proclamations is better suited for a more proper written form of month, day, and year.

Or you could go with Y-M-D... 2016-2-11 which is also acceptable. Sometimes I use that depending on which country the person I am conversing with hails from.

Issuing proclamations using the month - day form in words is just as idiotic as writing the month before the day when using numerals. It is illogical and irrational, and the only reason it persists is because of custom. By that measure, using rodents to forecast weather is also perfectly reasonable.

When using date forms on file names, etc, I will often use the form yyyy-mm-dd. Because it sorts better. Then again, I could also just use ls -alt, or ls -alrt to reverse the sort.
Cool Blue likes this.
Kropotkin is offline  
February 12th, 2016, 07:49 AM   #85
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2014
From: Melbourne

Posts: 599
Likes: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
When will you Americans learn to do dates properly. You know, like the rest of the world?



I use American spelling for almost everything, and am happy to use American grammar, and generally, I'm a big fan of the country, but there's a few things that really grips my shit, as we say here:



1. Dates. You don't say 45:2 when it's a quarter to three, so why the fuck do you say 2/11? It makes no sense.



2. Imperial units. Fuck off. How many furlongs per hour were you going?

3. Calling the main course an entrée
Kropotkin and Dr No like this.
Cool Blue is offline  
February 12th, 2016, 07:57 AM   #86
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,488
Likes: 1650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
When will you Americans learn to do dates properly. You know, like the rest of the world?

I use American spelling for almost everything, and am happy to use American grammar, and generally, I'm a big fan of the country, but there's a few things that really grips my shit, as we say here:

1. Dates. You don't say 45:2 when it's a quarter to three, so why the fuck do you say 2/11? It makes no sense.

2. Imperial units. Fuck off. How many furlongs per hour were you going?
When will you Europeans quit worrying about how we do things in America?
.
povol is offline  
February 12th, 2016, 08:23 AM   #87
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2014
From: Melbourne

Posts: 599
Likes: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post



Unless you want to be more proper and say, the 11th day of February, Two Thousand and Sixteen, then you'd get 11/2/16 in shortened form.



2/11/16 makes perfect sense.



Or you could do 2/11/2016.



We just say 11th of February 2016, no need for the marble in yer mouth.

But it makes mathematical sense because the significance of each part increases from left to right. And when your scanning dates and sorting them in your mind it's a lot less cognitive load than the switcharoo format you guys use.

The Chinese convention you mentioned is also consistent but from right to left. Like normal numbers. Which, when you think about it, are arse-about-face coz we read from left to right.
Cool Blue is offline  
February 12th, 2016, 08:25 AM   #88
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2014
From: Melbourne

Posts: 599
Likes: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
When will you Europeans quit worrying about how we do things in America?

.

When you stop fucking up your foreign policy?
Cool Blue is offline  
February 12th, 2016, 08:37 AM   #89
Senior Member
 
JohnnyKnockdown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: unda cheese

Posts: 4,923
Likes: 1065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Blue View Post
When you stop fucking up your foreign policy?
Coming from the one country who has followed us to every single conflict around the globe. Not even the Brits can claim that.
Aussies are great allies, they just show up and say " hey mate, who we here to kill?"
Jumkie and JPSLotus like this.
JohnnyKnockdown is offline  
February 12th, 2016, 08:45 AM   #90
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,726
Likes: 3982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
When will you Americans learn to do dates properly. You know, like the rest of the world?

I use American spelling for almost everything, and am happy to use American grammar, and generally, I'm a big fan of the country, but there's a few things that really grips my shit, as we say here:

1. Dates. You don't say 45:2 when it's a quarter to three, so why the fuck do you say 2/11? It makes no sense.

2. Imperial units. Fuck off. How many furlongs per hour were you going?
It's funny you should mention this because I almost never write the date as I did. 99% of the time I write it like this:

12FEB2016

Its a habit I developed in the military. Thing is almost nobody writes it like this, and truth be told it's mildly annoying as u express because I lived in S.America and they prefer: 2/12/16. However, I wouldn't say it's an "American" thing though Krops, because I have found plenty of inconsistencies in Europe, UK, Asia, and both N & S America, including publications. I've seen it often in publications as 16/12/2 as much as I've seen 2/12/16, 12/2/16.

Its because of this I prefer my way. 12FEB2016. Absolutely no confusion.


(Anyway, thing is for whatever reason I got lazy in my post, distracted actually because originally I was going to call out MigsAngel, Dr.No, and MickD, who indirectly express interest in the flow and health of the forum by siding with the guy most responsible for personal flame wars. More info than you needed of course).
Mick D and Kropotkin like this.
Jumkie is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
normal, prefer, rossi, yamaha



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ROSSI: The Yamaha years Jumkie MotoGP 32 November 16th, 2010 02:40 PM
Thank You God for Rossi and Yamaha, ...what would it be without them? xx CURVE xx MotoGP 29 October 15th, 2008 02:35 PM
Americans: Which do you prefer? mylexicon MotoGP 22 June 25th, 2008 03:38 PM
Rossi and Yamaha together again jhoon MotoGP 40 June 20th, 2006 02:00 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2019 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.