MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
December 29th, 2015, 01:16 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
shovelhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
From: Vancouver

Posts: 1,030
Likes: 314

Valentino Rossi and Dani Pedrosa with Suzuki in 2017

Valentino Rossi and Dani Pedrosa with Suzuki in 2017 - autoevolution for Mobile

It looks like 2017 will bring even more changes to MotoGP than the comeback of KTM. The Spanish online edition of Motociclismo "informs" us that two of the top four riders, Rossi and Pedrosa, will jump boat.

Both riders are said to have discussed the matter with their respective teams, Movistar Yamaha for Rossi and Repsol Honda for Pedrosa. According to the mentioned source, the two riders agreed mutually to try their hand with Suzuki, which means they will become teammates in 2017.

Repsol Honda was okay with Dani Pedrosa's choice and intends to bring one of Suzuki's current riders as a teammate for Marc Marquez. Apparently, Repsol Honda is looking forward to fielding only young riders from now on, so they chose Maverick Vinales as a replacement for Dani Pedrosa.

Is Rossi trying to win his tenth world title astride a Suzuki bike?

It's not hard to understand that Rossi is no longer feeling too happy being forced to meet Lorenzo in official Yamaha events, such as model launches, press photos, and the likes of these. Likewise, it's hard to predict how competitive the Doctor will be at the helm of the Yamaha bike in 2016, or whether he will win the tenth title of his career next year.

Still, it looks like the day of his retirement is still far, and he is willing to explore road racing with other manufacturers, too. Suzuki still has a full season to improve their machines and have them ready for the two top riders. This move might be one of the milestones in Suzuki's history, and the big step they needed to become a top-player in Grand Prix.

None of the interested parts could be contacted, most likely because it's December 28,.....
shovelhead is offline  
 
December 29th, 2015, 01:34 PM   #2
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,281
Likes: 1737

You saw the satire as well?


I saw that article elsewhere and it was explained as Spanish equal to April Fools day or similar.

Will see if I can find it


EDIT - found.
It is general chatter saying that December 28th is the Spanish equal of April Fools day, nothing official



EDIT - it was up with this one - a Marquez backflip (that wasn't) -

Last edited by Gaz; December 29th, 2015 at 01:43 PM.
Gaz is offline  
December 29th, 2015, 02:24 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
shovelhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
From: Vancouver

Posts: 1,030
Likes: 314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
You saw the satire as well?


I saw that article elsewhere and it was explained as Spanish equal to April Fools day or similar.

Will see if I can find it


EDIT - found.
It is general chatter saying that December 28th is the Spanish equal of April Fools day, nothing official


EDIT - it was up with this one - a Marquez backflip (that wasn't) -


Magic bike, 4 stroke to 2 stroke and back to 4 stroke lol

Awesome editing
shovelhead is offline  
December 29th, 2015, 07:15 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Motokitty's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2015
From: San Diego

Posts: 624
Likes: 559

I Ride: Mini rice rocket.
Valentino Rossi: 2015 wasn't my last MotoGP title chance - MotoGP news - AUTOSPORT.com

Joke aside, he is really not gonna retire soon. 36 and 37 is not that different. Maybe 40 is...
Motokitty is offline  
December 30th, 2015, 05:48 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Iowegian's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Iowa

Posts: 358
Likes: 155

I Ride: FZ6
I dos see another Spansih journalist reporting Carmelo was retiring and King Kenny was taking his place. I definitely was having a "what the fuck" moment until someone explained the fools day thing.

As far as VR retiring, unless he somehow redeems himself next year, I simply see Yamaha not renewing his contract. In which case I don't see another factory picking him up.
Iowegian is offline  
December 30th, 2015, 06:22 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
yamaka46's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
From: here

Posts: 1,605
Likes: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowegian View Post
I dos see another Spansih journalist reporting Carmelo was retiring and King Kenny was taking his place. I definitely was having a "what the fuck" moment until someone explained the fools day thing.

As far as VR retiring, unless he somehow redeems himself next year, I simply see Yamaha not renewing his contract. In which case I don't see another factory picking him up.
Redeems himself - from 2nd in the WC!? A one-two for Yamaha, together with VR's yellow hordes having purchasing power on this years Yamaha motorcycles.... you're 'avin' a larf

Regardless of his minor meltdown from PI onwards 2015 I'm sure that Yamaha will be quite happy to have the 7 times top class WC riding for them as long as he's vaguely competitive. And I mean vaguely, not like 2015.
Gaz, shovelhead and Dr No like this.
yamaka46 is offline  
December 30th, 2015, 07:11 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 568
Likes: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaka46 View Post
Redeems himself - from 2nd in the WC!? A one-two for Yamaha, together with VR's yellow hordes having purchasing power on this years Yamaha motorcycles.... you're 'avin' a larf

Regardless of his minor meltdown from PI onwards 2015 I'm sure that Yamaha will be quite happy to have the 7 times top class WC riding for them as long as he's vaguely competitive. And I mean vaguely, not like 2015.

Keep dreaming! There are younger & batter than him. If they yamahaha wants rins, flossi has to go. His action & poor sportmanship has reduce his sponsership value.
evo9 is offline  
December 30th, 2015, 07:53 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
yamaka46's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
From: here

Posts: 1,605
Likes: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo9 View Post
Keep dreaming! There are younger & batter than him. If they yamahaha wants rins, flossi has to go. His action & poor sportmanship has reduce his sponsership value.
And what of DP - hw many years with HRC and zero WCs. You think HRC want to lose Dani? Just because you dislike VR for whatever reasons and give him a stupid nickname, doesn't mean you understand sponsorship values. Luckily, you don't run HRC or Yam Racing. We shall see.

BTW, WTF would Yamaha want to replace VR with Rins - Rins is just moving up to Moto2 in 2016 and whilst 2nd last year in moto3, he's done 4 years in that class with 5th, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd. Hardly setting the world alight. In San Marino this year Rins took out Aegerter who was fighting for the title with Rins, and having rejoined, ended up being given the black flag for battling with the lead riders despite being a lap down. He was shown the black flag after not moving back two places after this incident.

Are you really sure that this paragon of virtue with his world beating Moto3 ways (sarc) would be a better bet for Yamaha than the 7 times 500cc/MotoGP class WC who was, at the end of the day, runner up in the WC in 2015?
yamaka46 is offline  
December 30th, 2015, 10:08 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,015
Likes: 1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaka46 View Post
And what of DP - hw many years with HRC and zero WCs. You think HRC want to lose Dani? Just because you dislike VR for whatever reasons and give him a stupid nickname, doesn't mean you understand sponsorship values. Luckily, you don't run HRC or Yam Racing. We shall see.

BTW, WTF would Yamaha want to replace VR with Rins - Rins is just moving up to Moto2 in 2016 and whilst 2nd last year in moto3, he's done 4 years in that class with 5th, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd. Hardly setting the world alight. In San Marino this year Rins took out Aegerter who was fighting for the title with Rins, and having rejoined, ended up being given the black flag for battling with the lead riders despite being a lap down. He was shown the black flag after not moving back two places after this incident.

Are you really sure that this paragon of virtue with his world beating Moto3 ways (sarc) would be a better bet for Yamaha than the 7 times 500cc/MotoGP class WC who was, at the end of the day, runner up in the WC in 2015?
Rins was a Moto2 Rookie in 2015 and finished second in the championship. Not bad from where im sitting, and is considered the hottest prospect in the lower division at the moment. He will be favorite to win title in 2016 and will have one of the major factories knocking on his door for 2017. If Yamaha doesnt snatch him up, Honda or Suzuki just might,
shovelhead likes this.
povol is offline  
December 30th, 2015, 10:35 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
shovelhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
From: Vancouver

Posts: 1,030
Likes: 314

Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
Rins was a Moto2 Rookie in 2015 and finished second in the championship. Not bad from where im sitting, and is considered the hottest prospect in the lower division at the moment. He will be favorite to win title in 2016 and will have one of the major factories knocking on his door for 2017. If Yamaha doesnt snatch him up, Honda or Suzuki just might,
Before the 2015 season started, Zarco said that his biggest competition will be Rins. He was bang on.
shovelhead is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2017, dani, pedrosa, rossi, suzuki, valentino



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dani Pedrosa? D Wheeler MotoGP 156 September 24th, 2007 04:39 AM
Dani Pedrosa... louise MotoGP 34 March 25th, 2007 11:35 AM
Dani Pedrosa valentinorossi MotoGP 23 March 16th, 2007 08:19 AM
Dani Pedrosa Austin MotoGP 1 May 17th, 2005 12:08 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.