MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree90Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
November 29th, 2015, 11:16 AM   #111
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: On the edge in California

Posts: 237
Likes: 94

I Ride: 1972 BMW R75/5
Yup.
It's refreshing to come here and escape the "anything Rossi does is ok" line. I started to doubt my sanity. Some of my dearest friends belong to the yellow horde and desperately wanted the Tavulia boy to win. I tried not to crow about the final points tally.

I used the Senna line: "the results speak for themselves."

I think it would be great or us and good for him he took up rallying full time next year. Or maybe better yet, Nascar. I think it's fully acceptable there to move other competitors with your car.
Bern1 is offline  
 
November 29th, 2015, 12:10 PM   #112
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,726
Likes: 3982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern1 View Post
Yup.
It's refreshing to come here and escape the "anything Rossi does is ok" line. I started to doubt my sanity. Some of my dearest friends belong to the yellow horde and desperately wanted the Tavulia boy to win. I tried not to crow about the final points tally.

I used the Senna line: "the results speak for themselves."

I think it would be great or us and good for him he took up rallying full time next year. Or maybe better yet, Nascar. I think it's fully acceptable there to move other competitors with your car.
I know what you mean. Hell it even prompted a MotoGP champion to put "the numbers don't lie" on his leathers because the Yellow Hordes were convinced it only happened because something had failed Rossi. Its never Rossi, it's always something else. Thing is quite the opposite is the reality, with such a stacked and rigged playing field, it's a wonder anybody else ever wins. Rossi is the ultimate sore loser in history, and all its done is 'rally' the Faithful to solidify their insanity.
Jumkie is offline  
November 29th, 2015, 02:23 PM   #113
Senior Member
 
The Burning Barber's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 204
Likes: 120

Makes me think about Rossi's famous "Is racing" line. Apparently it doesn't apply when Rossi comes off second best though.
The Burning Barber is offline  
November 29th, 2015, 10:47 PM   #114
#22
Senior Member
 
#22's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: In Cider

Posts: 4,049
Likes: 1816

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
There was nothing but admiration flooding out of the orifice Nick Harris who was intent on telling the fans that it was the mark of a man who never gives up. Heck, he even brought up Gibernau 2005 during the Motegi race.

Is it no wonder we have people arguing that the contact and behavior of VR is okay?

They've been conditioned to believe it because the mouth of MotoGP, and race direction has opted to do nothing, and chalk everything up to a racing incident when it comes to Valentino Rossi.

Kinda brings the 'obsession with Rossi' article I posted sharply into context.

Doctored: MotoGP?s Obsession with Valentino Rossi ? Part 2 | Trunk Talk


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
I know what you mean. Hell it even prompted a MotoGP champion to put "the numbers don't lie" on his leathers because the Yellow Hordes were convinced it only happened because something had failed Rossi. Its never Rossi, it's always something else. Thing is quite the opposite is the reality, with such a stacked and rigged playing field, it's a wonder anybody else ever wins. Rossi is the ultimate sore loser in history, and all its done is 'rally' the Faithful to solidify their insanity.
Funny, my wife has only been watching MotoGP intently with me this yr, and even she said the exact same words as you: "It's never Rossi, it's always something else"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Burning Barber View Post
Makes me think about Rossi's famous "Is racing" line. Apparently it doesn't apply when Rossi comes off second best though.
Ahh yes, that line was brought up a number of times post Sepang, but as you say the boppers conveniently forgot it. Karma is a bitch...
JPSLotus likes this.
#22 is offline  
November 30th, 2015, 03:01 AM   #115
Senior Member
 
The Burning Barber's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 204
Likes: 120

A great read. Thanks for posting that link.
The Burning Barber is offline  
November 30th, 2015, 01:18 PM   #116
Senior Member
 
moto vudu's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Texas

Posts: 1,782
Likes: 754

Quote:
Originally Posted by #22 View Post
Kinda brings the 'obsession with Rossi' article I posted sharply into context.

Doctored: MotoGP?s Obsession with Valentino Rossi ? Part 2 | Trunk Talk




Funny, my wife has only been watching MotoGP intently with me this yr, and even she said the exact same words as you: "It's never Rossi, it's always something else"



Ahh yes, that line was brought up a number of times post Sepang, but as you say the boppers conveniently forgot it. Karma is a bitch...
The same can be said for all the top riders except maybe Pedrosa. Lorenzo blamed the races he didn't win on his helmet, visor, weather, and tires. Marc blamed crashing in Argentina on Rossi and also blamed Rossi for not moving out his way so he could win in Assen. Marc also blamed Stoner for a "terrible" 2015 chassis.

It's a confidence thing, they believe they're the best unless something outside of their control holds them back.
michaelm, paparazzo and BEK like this.
moto vudu is offline  
November 30th, 2015, 04:41 PM   #117
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,765
Likes: 2207

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto vudu View Post
The same can be said for all the top riders except maybe Pedrosa. Lorenzo blamed the races he didn't win on his helmet, visor, weather, and tires. Marc blamed crashing in Argentina on Rossi and also blamed Rossi for not moving out his way so he could win in Assen. Marc also blamed Stoner for a "terrible" 2015 chassis.

It's a confidence thing, they believe they're the best unless something outside of their control holds them back.
Definitely true that most elite riders have that attitude, and that it is far from unique to Rossi.

It is the belief of that element among Rossi fandom that it is always true and just telling it like it is when Rossi is the proponent whilst having a very different response to the same attitude when it is exhibited by other riders with which fans of those other riders have a problem.
moto vudu and Bern1 like this.
michaelm is offline  
November 30th, 2015, 10:20 PM   #118
Senior Member
 
kurre's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Seattle

Posts: 130
Likes: 67

I Ride: A motorcycle, obviously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Definitely true that most elite riders have that attitude, and that it is far from unique to Rossi.

It is the belief of that element among Rossi fandom that it is always true and just telling it like it is when Rossi is the proponent whilst having a very different response to the same attitude when it is exhibited by other riders with which fans of those other riders have a problem.
Taking that a step farther, if a fan of someone other than Rossi mentions "another" reason for their loss like the examples above, visor problems and what not, that fan's personal character is immediately assaulted and in many cases, the person is even threatened. Rossi "fans" are more than just fans. If Rossi were to post online that he wants his followers to drink cyanide with him so they could join him in the afterlife, it would be a shock to me if nobody followed him.

To those of you who may consider yourselves reasonable while still being a Rossi fan, then I'm not talking about you. But you've got to admit there's a lot of them.
kurre is offline  
November 30th, 2015, 11:00 PM   #119
#22
Senior Member
 
#22's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: In Cider

Posts: 4,049
Likes: 1816

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto vudu View Post
The same can be said for all the top riders except maybe Pedrosa. Lorenzo blamed the races he didn't win on his helmet, visor, weather, and tires. Marc blamed crashing in Argentina on Rossi and also blamed Rossi for not moving out his way so he could win in Assen. Marc also blamed Stoner for a "terrible" 2015 chassis.

It's a confidence thing, they believe they're the best unless something outside of their control holds them back.
Agreed, to an extent. However, this is the exact point that Trunkman makes in his article. Lorenzo said his helmet lining on his forehead came loose in Qatar and he couldn't see, he then had fogging issues in another race. This was a rider who when asked why his pace suddenly dropped off midway through a race, was honest and explained exactly what happened, and yet that is perceived by the majority as 'moaning' or 'blaming'. What is he supposed to say?

Quote:
TrunkMan said:
Rossi is the king, the funloving, charismatic, good guy. Pedrosa is boring, Lorenzo sulks and Stoner moaned. For example. Well, all four of quick character bios are both as true as they are false. Rossi is undeniably characteristic. It’s part of why the fans flocked to him in the first place. But I have also seen, first hand, that same man chuck a tantrum with the best of them. But that doesn’t fit the narrative and so it is not covered. When the toys get chucked out of Lorenzo’s pram though, that is covered because that’s the character the media has set him up as. And here in lies the problem.
Rossi then explains reasons for him not winning races and it is glossed over. Even the commentators use language like "Poor Rossi" or "He is stuck behind the Ducati's", when it was a shitty start or qualifying by him that put him there. Call a spade a spade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurre View Post
Taking that a step farther, if a fan of someone other than Rossi mentions "another" reason for their loss like the examples above, visor problems and what not, that fan's personal character is immediately assaulted and in many cases, the person is even threatened. Rossi "fans" are more than just fans. If Rossi were to post online that he wants his followers to drink cyanide with him so they could join him in the afterlife, it would be a shock to me if nobody followed him.

To those of you who may consider yourselves reasonable while still being a Rossi fan, then I'm not talking about you. But you've got to admit there's a lot of them.
Interesting point, and trunkman covers it here:

Doctored ? MotoGP?s Obsession with Valentino Rossi | Trunk Talk

He basically says that his rabid fanbase are so invested in him, that that take any criticism of him personally.

"You come at Rossi, you’re coming at us."

Last edited by #22; November 30th, 2015 at 11:02 PM. Reason: I before E, except after C
#22 is offline  
December 1st, 2015, 12:04 AM   #120
Senior Member
 
kurre's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Seattle

Posts: 130
Likes: 67

I Ride: A motorcycle, obviously.
Actually I saw that article posted earlier in the thread when I was reading through it today and read both parts 1 and 2. I thought it laid out a lot of the problems that I've had in my mind for the last couple years in a really clear way.

The only thing about that article that made me squirm a bit was the criticism of Nick Harris, the motogp.com announcer. I know he might speak a little too much about Rossi and I definitely think that the media has a big part in the cult of Rossi, but I love Nick's commentary... "Watery sunshine" and what not. A couple years ago in Phillip Island when Iannone hit that bird, and Nick was talking with Gavin Emmett about it and said that the event was "catastrophic for the bird" or whatever, that really cracked me up.

Sorry...off topic.
kurre is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
effect, negative, repercussion



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Too much negative, I want a race like this for the title bh84 MotoGP 8 November 4th, 2015 11:00 AM
How does tyre performance effect racing? Mental Anarchist MotoGP 29 March 28th, 2011 09:38 AM
Brno Will the new rules effect the Title outcome Pigeon MotoGP 48 August 14th, 2009 01:54 PM
Friendships and there effect on races citadina MotoGP 25 December 17th, 2007 08:51 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2019 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.