MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree97Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
October 6th, 2015, 08:06 AM   #91
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,726
Likes: 3980

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Braker View Post
Honda supposedly have new CBR in the works, or is this a ploy to get Hayden signed?

Nicky Hayden to WSBK...Aprilia or Honda? | Sport Rider
Hey L8, good to read from you.
Jumkie is online now  
 
October 6th, 2015, 09:20 AM   #92
Senior Member
 
L8Braker's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Tar Heel State

Posts: 2,515
Likes: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Hey L8, good to read from you.
Hey Jums...yea haven't been around in a while, I'll try and stick around to see reactions when Jorge wins the championship this year.....
L8Braker is offline  
October 6th, 2015, 01:11 PM   #93
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: Netherlands

Posts: 2,127
Likes: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Speaking of which, wrong thread but is van der Mark on anybody's radar? I ask because I also sense that youth is highly coveted even over older guys who are doing the business.
Very much so. Everyone's contract is up at the end of next year. Expect to see Van der Mark's name come up a lot next year.
Jumkie likes this.
Kropotkin is offline  
October 6th, 2015, 01:13 PM   #94
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: Netherlands

Posts: 2,127
Likes: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Band On The Run View Post
Krop any ideas about where the future of superbike racing is going. The litre bikes are a dead platform. There collecting dust on showroom floors and the last gen update was years ago. Are these guys soon to be racing R3's and CBR 300's
A really, really good question, and one to which I don't readily have an answer. This is a problem WSBK has to face, but it needs the manufacturers to make up their minds what it is they want to promote with superbike racing.
Jumkie likes this.
Kropotkin is offline  
October 6th, 2015, 03:18 PM   #95
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,324
Likes: 2548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
A really, really good question, and one to which I don't readily have an answer. This is a problem WSBK has to face, but it needs the manufacturers to make up their minds what it is they want to promote with superbike racing.
Interesting.

If the manufacturers decide to promote useful road bikes, I'd like to see them downsize to worked up 600cc sport bikes. I suppose the liter bikes will always have a place in the product lineup, but they are so ridiculous for a plethora of reasons, the biggest being lack of practical use. People will bag on me for riding agricultural machinery (Harley Davidson) but what I realized one day is that unless you're doing track riding, the supersport class is a colossal waste of money for street use.

That being said, in the every day world, people buy them regardless of practicality. I think the 600cc bikes would be a better focus for WSBK since that tends to be what the bulk of those looking to ride supersports go for. Liter bikes are absurd in price, insurance, and speed.
JPSLotus is offline  
October 6th, 2015, 05:30 PM   #96
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,338
Likes: 1329

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
Interesting.

If the manufacturers decide to promote useful road bikes, I'd like to see them downsize to worked up 600cc sport bikes. I suppose the liter bikes will always have a place in the product lineup, but they are so ridiculous for a plethora of reasons, the biggest being lack of practical use. People will bag on me for riding agricultural machinery (Harley Davidson) but what I realized one day is that unless you're doing track riding, the supersport class is a colossal waste of money for street use.

That being said, in the every day world, people buy them regardless of practicality. I think the 600cc bikes would be a better focus for WSBK since that tends to be what the bulk of those looking to ride supersports go for. Liter bikes are absurd in price, insurance, and speed.
There's never a shortage of posers cruisin' for burgers; just like there's no shortage of bachelors riding around in Porsches with their straight, never-get-laid bachelor friends in the shotgun seat. I got no problem with a Harley if it looks like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Hayden to WSBK (Again)?-1factory-harley-davisonxr75.jpg  

Last edited by Keshav; October 6th, 2015 at 05:35 PM.
Keshav is online now  
October 7th, 2015, 07:46 AM   #97
Senior Member
 
propagandhi's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: the red corner

Posts: 795
Likes: 424

I Ride: the inevitable waves of change
Not sure I agree jps. Over here dealers can't sell 600s anymore. No wonder, they're as expensive as literbikes and their peak power makes them like a less exciting 2 stroke.
I think the literbikes as we know them will become or be advertised as gp replicas a la the new r1m . If sbk wants to stay relevant ,beyond a world class cup series, they need to embrace what is actually still being sold and what were the original sbks. Big nakeds
Mick D likes this.
propagandhi is offline  
October 7th, 2015, 08:32 AM   #98
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,726
Likes: 3980

Quote:
Originally Posted by propagandhi View Post
Not sure I agree jps. Over here dealers can't sell 600s anymore. No wonder, they're as expensive as literbikes and their peak power makes them like a less exciting 2 stroke.
I think the literbikes as we know them will become or be advertised as gp replicas a la the new r1m . If sbk wants to stay relevant ,beyond a world class cup series, they need to embrace what is actually still being sold and what were the original sbks. Big nakeds
Good point, and to piggyback on Band Run's excellent question to Krops, the US market is reluctant to buy in to the naked bike sector. I dont know if its a cultural thing or what but only peeps who I sense really appreciate machines buy naked bikes. We are however seeing an up tick on small bore full fairing bikes being sold. As a "production" series, it will need to head in a different direction if its to stay viable.

Last edited by Jumkie; October 7th, 2015 at 08:35 AM.
Jumkie is online now  
October 7th, 2015, 08:37 AM   #99
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,324
Likes: 2548

Quote:
Originally Posted by propagandhi View Post
Not sure I agree jps. Over here dealers can't sell 600s anymore. No wonder, they're as expensive as literbikes and their peak power makes them like a less exciting 2 stroke.
I think the literbikes as we know them will become or be advertised as gp replicas a la the new r1m . If sbk wants to stay relevant ,beyond a world class cup series, they need to embrace what is actually still being sold and what were the original sbks. Big nakeds
Well the problem is most of the major 600cc sportbikes have not been updated for years.

The Yamaha R6 last got an update in 2006....if they don't update 2016, then it'll be 10 years.

The updated Triumph Daytona 675 I heard was a risk for Triumph because in the face of flagging 600cc sales, no one wants to spend money on updating the bike.

I see endless 600's around this area. You get the periodic liter bikes, but they aren't in abundance.

I don't really get what a lot of the manufacturers are doing. Suzuki has the GSXR 600, 750, and 1000. Seems overkill to me since the 600 and 750 aren't that far apart.

Meh, I'm not buying a supersport any time soon, or ever, so it doesn't matter to me what they all do.

Agreed on the naked's. I'd be far more likely to buy a naked than a supersport. At least you're not hunched over the bike when you're supposedly "pleasure riding".
JPSLotus is offline  
October 7th, 2015, 08:56 AM   #100
Senior Member
 
propagandhi's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: the red corner

Posts: 795
Likes: 424

I Ride: the inevitable waves of change
Chicken or egg? I'd pull out some numbers of new bikes sold (a 2004 vs 2008 vs 2012 comparison will make you cry) and point out that all these bikes at least receive updates but I can't be arsed right now. Also what more is there to improve without dumping god knows how much into development . These things are too expensive already(relative to the sbks) and they're already beyond 200hp/liter. We won't see pneumatics and titanium (hey lex!) In what are supposed to be mid range bikes.
Really hope yamaha wise up and just dump their 900cc triple in a somewhat sporty chassis. The more modest 600s of the 90s were quite alright IMO
propagandhi is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
hayden, wsbk



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hayden has offers to WSBK povol World Superbike 13 July 20th, 2013 07:19 AM
RL Hayden to WSBK povol World Superbike 44 January 15th, 2010 12:45 PM
Could Stoner or Hayden replace Bayliss as the Ducati WSBK King? #22 MotoGP 26 November 16th, 2008 12:33 PM
Is Hayden's Ego getting the best of him?? Sheri MotoGP 150 February 15th, 2007 04:46 AM
Hayden tinks MotoGP 203 February 4th, 2007 12:04 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.