MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree134Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
July 12th, 2015, 08:32 AM   #81
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,340
Likes: 1333

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Because never has a rider blamed his bike for his own failings. Hey Kesh, I have some beach property in Kansas I'd like to sell u.
Oh stop already. I never made any absolute statements to that effect. Again;
Attached Thumbnails
MotoGP: 2015 Round 09 - GoPro Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland (SPOILERS)-screen-shot-2015-07-12-12.29.48-pm.jpg  
Keshav is offline  
 
July 12th, 2015, 08:39 AM   #82
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,340
Likes: 1333

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
Oh fucking please.

Why is it never mentioned that maybe Yamaha built a better bike this year while Honda improve only a little compared to the M1?

Instead MM has to fight with one hand tied behind his back because the Honda engineers didn't have the consideration to build a bike that was 3 seconds a lap better than the M1?

The RCV has managed to equal or better most of 2014's times (and it won the title with those times) yet the M1 also happened to do the same thing.

Today's ride was reminiscent of COTA, remember that race?

No one said anything about the RCV being a pile of shit till a wrong tire choice cost MM the race in Argentina. Then all of a sudden it was arms up in the air, and cries of "What the fuck is this shit, a Yamaha keeping up with a Honda? We were lead to believe that wouldn't happen again till 2025!"
Who said there was no mention of improvements in the M1? Rossi and Lorenzo's pleasure at the improvements in this year's iteration have been much discussed. Improving the bike however doesn't mean ergo - MM isn't younger and more fearless never having suffered serious injury and massively talented. Your argument seems to imply that mechanical parity negates more talent and a willingness to take more risks.

You guys need to make up your mind. Either the Honda is so good it rides itself and therefore is so vastly superior that even a nobody like MM can win on it - or the M1 is every bit it's equal. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Last edited by Keshav; July 12th, 2015 at 08:46 AM.
Keshav is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 08:57 AM   #83
Junior Member
 
Yumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2015
From: High Wycombe

Posts: 26
Likes: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Because never has a rider blamed his bike for his own failings. Hey Kesh, I have some beach property in Kansas I'd like to sell u.
Riders' don't blame bikes, fan boys blame bikes!
neti1 likes this.
Yumkie is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 09:17 AM   #84
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,324
Likes: 2548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Who said there was no mention of improvements in the M1? Rossi and Lorenzo's pleasure at the improvements in this year's iteration have been much discussed. Improving the bike however doesn't mean ergo - MM isn't younger and more fearless never having suffered serious injury and massively talented. Your argument seems to imply that mechanical parity negates more talent and a willingness to take more risks.
Please, the journos have little interest in admitting that the real reason the RCV hasn't looked like a worldbeater this year is because the other bike [M1] has caught up to it.

Oh good god, look at you with your straw man argument. Where the fuck did I say anything about MM not being talented? I'm on record as stating he is talented, but a moron in between the ears hence the string of bad luck. He could easily have crashed out at Assen.

Quote:
You guys need to make up your mind. Either the Honda is so good it rides itself and therefore is so vastly superior that even a nobody like MM can win on it - or the M1 is every bit it's equal. You can't have your cake and eat it.
No one made the claim it's so good it can ride itself.

I believe the argument made is that it's a very good bike that just didn't make a step forward that was at least equal to the step forward that the M1 made. Hence why the gap between the Yamaha and Honda is much smaller from 2014 to 2015.

I have been arguing for the last month that there's nothing really that wrong with the RCV. Stop trying to twist it into an either/or proposition since myself, nor Jums even made that ridiculous claim you're trying to attribute to us.

Notice how there were 5 components that were at fault for the supposed "underperforming" of the RCV and suddenly nothing is being mentioned now?

-Chassis
-Brakes
-Swingarm
-Flywheel
-Engine

Why is this?

Maybe because all of those supposed problems were nothing more than red herrings.

There's all these vague allusions from MM about how Honda "is close" and that things have "improved" yet no mention of anything other than the supposed improved braking feel that has gotten with the reversion of the 2014 chassis.

A few weeks ago he was blaming Casey Stoner for the bike being garbage.

Now all of a sudden it's just fine?

lol he's a moron.

Rank technical amateur that would blame the sun being at the wrong angle in the sky if he failed to take a corner at the speed he intended to.
JPSLotus is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 10:24 AM   #85
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2015
From: London

Posts: 4
Likes: 3

In other news... Did you see the trophy???!!! Looked like a sex you with that go pro stuck on the front!!
ponkjoolz is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 10:57 AM   #86
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,726
Likes: 3980

Lotus, Kesh wasn't implying anything with that pic, he was just uploading a pic of himself for our benefit. Helps to know sometimes who you're talking with.

On a related note, Casey stopped developing the RCV since his services were not appreciated. He is obviously developing the Suzuki now.
basspete and JPSLotus like this.

Last edited by Jumkie; July 12th, 2015 at 11:00 AM.
Jumkie is online now  
July 12th, 2015, 11:06 AM   #87
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,324
Likes: 2548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Lotus, Kesh wasn't implying anything with that pic, he was just uploading a pic of himself for our benefit. Helps to know sometimes who you're talking with.

On a related note, Casey stopped developing the RCV since his services were not appreciated. He is obviously developing the Suzuki now.
LOL
JPSLotus is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 11:14 AM   #88
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,726
Likes: 3980

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
LOL
Here is what's really funny. Lets apply Krop's logic today. Its easy to revise after the thought, but if we are to believe the rationale that we were all fooled ("tricked") by Marc's brilliance then today the RCV is STILL a dog. I'd like to know who here would like to take that position? Sure it's easy for Krops to say, look, see this and that to support his ridiculous assessment 12 months AFTER. But today, who is ready to say the RCV sucks? If it has declined because of Honda's incompetence, then it should still be shit right now. Has Honda re-begun another cycle of incompetence for Kropo to point to and Kesh to buy in about 12 months OR the next time the law of probability starts to catch up to Marc (whichever is sooner)?

Last edited by Jumkie; July 12th, 2015 at 11:18 AM.
Jumkie is online now  
July 12th, 2015, 11:23 AM   #89
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,726
Likes: 3980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Oh stop already. I never made any absolute statements to that effect. Again;
"I never said...." "I never made..."

The lady doth protest too much.
Jumkie is online now  
July 12th, 2015, 11:30 AM   #90
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: Inside my body

Posts: 215
Likes: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesparrows View Post
Maybe this will help you people who are stuck on the actual camera:

I work in advertising, I'm a graphic designer. I work on campaigns & try to think of ways to promote a product/brand/service. I was just saying - it was a cool & unique way to promote a new product.

I do not own a GoPro, so I don't even know what the fuck you are talking about with the microphone.

Sorry that I ever tried to point out something interesting.

Fuck.
This comment was more interesting than the race. Does anyone out there really believe that sparrow has a job that doesnt entail stuffing deer carcasses.
littlesparrows likes this.
SuperManatee is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2015, deutschland, gopro, grand, motogp, motorrad, prix, round, spoilers



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP: 2015 Round 07 - Catalunya (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 136 June 16th, 2015 11:05 PM
MotoGP: 2015 Round 02 - Circuit of the Americas (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 39 April 19th, 2015 01:06 PM
MotoGP: 2014 Race 18 - Valencia Grand Prix (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 10 November 9th, 2014 01:00 PM
MotoGP: 2014 Race 16 - Tissot Australian Grand Prix (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 14 October 21st, 2014 08:17 PM
MotoGP 2014 Round 5 - Monster Energy Grand Prix de France duc MotoGP 82 May 21st, 2014 09:03 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.