MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree134Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
July 12th, 2015, 02:37 PM   #101
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,237
Likes: 1301

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
Please, the journos have little interest in admitting that the real reason the RCV hasn't looked like a worldbeater this year is because the other bike [M1] has caught up to it.

Oh good god, look at you with your straw man argument. Where the fuck did I say anything about MM not being talented? I'm on record as stating he is talented, but a moron in between the ears hence the string of bad luck. He could easily have crashed out at Assen.


No one made the claim it's so good it can ride itself.


I believe the argument made is that it's a very good bike that just didn't make a step forward that was at least equal to the step forward that the M1 made. Hence why the gap between the Yamaha and Honda is much smaller from 2014 to 2015.

I have been arguing for the last month that there's nothing really that wrong with the RCV. Stop trying to twist it into an either/or proposition since myself, nor Jums even made that ridiculous claim you're trying to attribute to us.

Notice how there were 5 components that were at fault for the supposed "underperforming" of the RCV and suddenly nothing is being mentioned now?

-Chassis
-Brakes
-Swingarm
-Flywheel
-Engine

Why is this?

Maybe because all of those supposed problems were nothing more than red herrings.

There's all these vague allusions from MM about how Honda "is close" and that things have "improved" yet no mention of anything other than the supposed improved braking feel that has gotten with the reversion of the 2014 chassis.

A few weeks ago he was blaming Casey Stoner for the bike being garbage.

Now all of a sudden it's just fine?

lol he's a moron.

Rank technical amateur that would blame the sun being at the wrong angle in the sky if he failed to take a corner at the speed he intended to.

If we both agree that he's not lacking in ability - then what else would account for the fact that he's had such a dreadful season thus far?


Sorry - you're relatively new around here. "The bike can ride itself" has for years been short-hand for the rider is without merit; an assertion made time and again by boppers about Stoner.

The Five Possiblities as it were - were theories mooted about. That not all five are likely to be true - doesn't ergo rule out that one or more of these things were the issue.

All of a sudden? Dude... how many races has MM struggled to even get on the podium. In the relatively short period that comprises the MGP season - that's a long time, especially given the reasonable assumption that Honda was throwing every possible resource into the mix to fix the problem.

And I can see one or two or three journos perhaps being less than objective - but pretty much all of them? Besides - according to you and Jum - Rossi has everybody down to the french fry chefs at the hamburger stand in his pocket. Going by that way of thinking - the journos should by all lights be saying Rossi has "broken" MM, or Rossi has triumphed over the evil empire's riders despite the massively unfair advantage of the Hondas. Your implication would appear to be that all the journos in the paddock are somehow beholden to Marquez or Honda and incapable of objective reporting. So only you and your fellow arm chair expert have more insight into this situation than all the professional journalists? Hey... if that fits your narrative - go with it.

Re: nothing being mentioned now. MM reverted to the 2014 frame and his crew sorted out the problems. That's what engineers do. The fact that Honda hasn't published a detailed report of all the tricks and refinements required shouldn't be a huge surprise to you. The companies only reveal as much as they want the competitors to know.

Whatever refinements Honda accomplished were, they were clearly effective. Not only did MM win... but he won by a huge margin. And Pedrosa (who admittedly loves Sachsenring) had his best showing of the season. Coincidence? I think not.

Last edited by Keshav; July 12th, 2015 at 03:15 PM.
Keshav is offline  
 
July 12th, 2015, 02:45 PM   #102
Senior Member
 
basspete's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Back home in Beautiful Perthshire

Posts: 3,065
Likes: 166

I Ride: Harley Davidson Sportster
looks like your VSGs outweighed your talent mate
Arrabbiata1 likes this.
basspete is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 02:45 PM   #103
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,237
Likes: 1301

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
Damn this place hasn't changed one bit. Well Jums posts seem to be shorter but thats about it. Whats crackin kesh?
Other than Jum's ability to make a coherent argument - not much. You look well. Did you lose weight?

Last edited by Keshav; July 12th, 2015 at 06:00 PM.
Keshav is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 02:53 PM   #104
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,237
Likes: 1301

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by basspete View Post
looks like your VSGs outweighed your talent mate

Wussup Pete? You seeing someone we can't all see? Maybe you have a touch of Barry-Barry fever?

Last edited by Keshav; July 12th, 2015 at 03:16 PM.
Keshav is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 03:37 PM   #105
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2015
From: Berkeley

Posts: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Risky prediction, going out on a limp, eh?

Oh, I get it, its because the RCV is such a dog, and you're thinking it will just continue its much documented decline. And the upside is, if MurderMac wins you can again claim he has 'evolved'.

Honda 1-2. Oh but wait, Crashslow was in 9th, surely Kropo can use his result to support why the RCV is shambolic.

"Impressive, the Honda doesn't look like it has any problems. They brake very late, they accelerate very soon." Jorge Lorenzo

In response to Jorge's assessment: "Jorge Lorenzo is spot on." Nicky Harris

Translation: 'The Honda is the worst factory bike this year, and it was probably the worse last year too.' Kropo


I just hope some day poor Marc can ride with both hands, it must really be hard to crush previous year's lap records with one arm shackled behind his back on a bike that obviously has gone to shit.
I can't see anything in Keshav's post that merits such a hostile response ... I'm guessing there's some history here?

(I'm new here).

Last edited by neti1; July 12th, 2015 at 04:18 PM.
neti1 is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 03:40 PM   #106
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2015
From: Berkeley

Posts: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I am not arguing with you either, MM is obviously extremely fast but I am basically not a fan as you know, going back to the Willairot incident and in the absence of any evidence he has developed much more concern for fellow riders since then.

... so I don't think it is outrageous to suggest that the change back to the old chassis or other possible recent changes to the Honda have resulted in a bike which suits him better ...
Especially since he explicitly stated that the old chassis suits him better
neti1 is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 04:40 PM   #107
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,725
Likes: 3980

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
Damn this place hasn't changed one bit. Well Jums posts seem to be shorter but thats about it. Whats crackin kesh?
Haha, great to see you back. Oh this is gonna get good. Kesh is still sore you 'upended' the bet and had the last laff. Let me update u: Kropo is still in love with MurderMac, Kesh is still a modern art masterpiece. Migs is still upset Nicky is heterosexual, Willski is still trying to convert us to Christianity, and Arrabbiata1 is still trying to get BarryMachine to visit (as u can imagine, BM just can't find the time being simultaneously the director of NORAD and the Mars Space Program). Rog is still MIA, sadly, and MickD I suspect is Kesh from a parallel universe, albeit with not as much wrinkled skin.

Oh we have a few new members too. U missed a great bitch fight between lil Sparrow and some noob chick.

Povol you ask? Well he is in Carolina trying to stop them from taking down the Confederate flag.
Jumkie is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 04:42 PM   #108
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,725
Likes: 3980

Quote:
Originally Posted by neti1 View Post
I can't see anything in Keshav's post that merits such a hostile response ... I'm guessing there's some history here?

(I'm new here).
Your ability to deduct the obvious is impeccable.
Jumkie is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 04:55 PM   #109
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2007
From: Texas

Posts: 6,833
Likes: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Povol you ask? Well he is in Carolina trying to stop them from taking down the Confederate flag.
No one believes less in the freedom to troll than Jumkie. He's all about prudent censorship.
mylexicon is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 05:09 PM   #110
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2007
From: Texas

Posts: 6,833
Likes: 76

Race was predictable, except Lorenzo leading early. RCV is a terrible bike.

Also pleased that Redding and Miller are still riding decent Honda equipment, while Hayden and Laverty languish on HRC's junk production bike.
mylexicon is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2015, deutschland, gopro, grand, motogp, motorrad, prix, round, spoilers



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP: 2015 Round 07 - Catalunya (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 136 June 16th, 2015 11:05 PM
MotoGP: 2015 Round 02 - Circuit of the Americas (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 39 April 19th, 2015 01:06 PM
MotoGP: 2014 Race 18 - Valencia Grand Prix (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 10 November 9th, 2014 01:00 PM
MotoGP: 2014 Race 16 - Tissot Australian Grand Prix (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 14 October 21st, 2014 08:17 PM
MotoGP 2014 Round 5 - Monster Energy Grand Prix de France duc MotoGP 82 May 21st, 2014 09:03 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.