MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree134Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
July 12th, 2015, 11:41 AM   #91
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: Inside my body

Posts: 215
Likes: 161

With all the attention being focused on the Hondas supposed woes, Ducatis woes are swept under the rug. Just about every person on the site including Mototainment journalist Kropo was singing its praises. It didn't take but a few races before normal order was restored.
The ducati is still the steaming pile of shit it always was.
#22 and JPSLotus like this.
SuperManatee is offline  
 
July 12th, 2015, 11:49 AM   #92
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,181
Likes: 2472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Here is what's really funny. Lets apply Krop's logic today. Its easy to revise after the thought, but if we are to believe the rationale that we were all fooled ("tricked") by Marc's brilliance then today the RCV is STILL a dog. I'd like to know who here would like to take that position? Sure it's easy for Krops to say, look, see this and that to support his ridiculous assessment 12 months AFTER. But today, who is ready to say the RCV sucks? If it has declined because of Honda's incompetence, then it should still be shit right now. Has Honda re-begun another cycle of incompetence for Kropo to point to and Kesh to buy in about 12 months OR the next time the law of probability starts to catch up to Marc (whichever is sooner)?
I've come to the conclusion that Kropo has a "blame Honda for MM not winning a race" folder filled with excuses all meant to exonerate the anointed one.

What you say about if it has declined because of Honda, it should still be shit is exactly what seems to be flying over Kesh's head along with the rest.

Honda gets a 1-2 finish.

That means they finished in front of everyone on the grid, unless there are some imaginary bikes that somehow exist in front of the Honda's. Though reading Kesh and Kropo, you might think the RCV was still garbage, and MM is winning through sheer talent and drive. What about his midget teammate who wasn't too far behind?

Why aren't you saying Dani does similar things especially in light of Dani's podium finish in Catalunya when MM crashed out trying to ram J-Lo out of his way? Why is it when Dani finishes well, no one cares, or thinks, "It's about time he did something." If MM finishes well it's destiny. If he does poorly, it's something with the bike....or once when the planets and moons align, you'll get some flowery horseshit like, "MM crashed out with a slightly over ambitious maneuver while trying to compensate for the RCV's deficiencies."
JPSLotus is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 12:17 PM   #93
Senior Member
 
basspete's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Back home in Beautiful Perthshire

Posts: 3,065
Likes: 165

I Ride: Harley Davidson Sportster
Not the most exciting race, but stunning form by Marky Mark. Didn't look like he was trying to kill anyone either. Respect to Pedders too. There is no truth in the rumours he went to the Clinica Mobile instead of the podium, because that's what usually happens. Rossi rode his wee socks off, but, it wasn't to be today, he was pushing though. Jorge just didn't want to play today, shame, he needs to keep beating Rossi straight up to get another title. Mature Joe doesn't have the same ring to it, but its doing him the world of good, his first year in Moto 2 he was incredible, so no surprises. No shame in being beaten that year by Scud either. Felt for Maverick when Espargaro snr passed him, the kid is awesome.

Bizarrely, Ive fallen asleep during every moto2 race this year, it used to be the place for racing, but the moto3 races are immense.
Keshav, Arrabbiata1 and Mick D like this.
basspete is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 12:46 PM   #94
Blue Smoker
 
Arrabbiata1's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: Out of Nowhere

Posts: 6,905
Likes: 2556

I Ride: The original
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Here is what's really funny. Lets apply Krop's logic today. Its easy to revise after the thought, but if we are to believe the rationale that we were all fooled ("tricked") by Marc's brilliance then today the RCV is STILL a dog. I'd like to know who here would like to take that position? Sure it's easy for Krops to say, look, see this and that to support his ridiculous assessment 12 months AFTER. But today, who is ready to say the RCV sucks? If it has declined because of Honda's incompetence, then it should still be shit right now. Has Honda re-begun another cycle of incompetence for Kropo to point to and Kesh to buy in about 12 months OR the next time the law of probability starts to catch up to Marc (whichever is sooner)?
I really don't understand any of this preoccupation/obsession with the RCV being the 'best bike'. Since the end of the 990 era, throughout the dismal 800cc formula and now with the advent of the 1 litre bikes the balance of power has vacillated largely between Honda and Yamaha, also responding to changes in the rules and tyre provision, but overall (bar the disastrous Pedrocycle) these differences have been minute. I say this, perhaps because I wasn't privy to any of the assertions supposedly made by Krop, but ultimately I fail to see why all this even 'matters'. Last year, the RCV was a better package all round...this year it isn't, and given the circuits to come, the riders concerned, the variables in tyre preferences, it all makes for a fascinating dynamic.

Based upon my own observations and from the comments that I've either seen or heard by Marquez, he didn't like the 2015 bike, and voiced this immediately at the Valencia test last November. That simply, it doesn't work as well for him as the 2014 machine. As I've said before, and I may well be wrong, but the higher temperatures at the subsequent test at Sepang may have softened the package, both in terms of the greater flex in the chassis and the motor, but that is entirely my own speculation. COTA ridiculously favours the Honda, to a far greater extent than even Sachsenring IMO, and also likely mitigated the 'problems' earlier in the season that Marquez claimed were afflicting him.

Given that Marquez rides the front harder than anyone, the combination of engine character/chassis balance/electronics (call it what you will, delete as applicable...I don't really care) appears to me to have been transferring excessive load onto the front during corner entry - particularly once rear grip is compromised. And where the rear grip diminishes, instead of slewing/kicking sideways like last year - it instead tends to have been snapping back violently. At Mugello, he crashed out loading the front trying to match the pace late in the race, however at Qatar, Argentina and Catalunya, he made a series of unforced errors - and I've yet to see anyone dispute that. He's a racer and he's human...which is after all something that all bike racing enthusiasts tend to celebrate over their contemporary F1 counterparts.

Marc requested a return to the 2014 chassis and since then, at both Assen and Sachsenring the bike has looked settled, far smoother and it appears to be answering to his will - although oddly, since then his approach seems to draw more from the Lawson school of late than the Schwantz rodeo ride that we are accustomed to seeing.

In '06 Rossi reverted to the previous years chassis which revived his fortunes and in the same year, HRC did its best to sabotage Nicky's title bid with the inexorable raft of parts on the EVO machine, (although it's worth pointing out that the imposition of the dodgy clutch was a myth and his own preference). HRC, pride themselves on their progressive philosophy as we were all reminded by Colin and Hodgy during today's BT coverage...(yeah, so progressive that they've flung last years frame into the most expensive race bike on the planet). Riders constantly push for new parts ( be careful what you wish for Cal), and factories enforce testing and development, the sport is in continual flux... but when something works well, conversely those riders become acutely conservative by nature. I still believe that the Honda is a tricky machine to exploit to its maximum, excessively complex in comparison to the M1 and maybe, Marc nudged development in a direction that pushed those parameters beyond the reach of even his high risk riding style...much like Casey banished the Desmo far from the reach of mortal man.

Top riders can and do challenge the factories. The arrival of Rossi at Yamaha saw four bespoke designs by Yoda which he had carte blanche to choose from in favour of the machine that practically broke Barros's back and busted his balls the season before...not to mention later subverting an entire brand and race DNA at Ducati. Something as simple in comparison as substituting a chassis in favour of an earlier or familiar iteration is not unusual .. and it very often works. Remember Rainey in '93, bolting his factory motor into an old production version Roc frame? Doohan simply used to intimidate the HRC hierarchy and threaten engineers until they bent to his will. Marquez, meanwhile voiced similar concerns about the new bike. He's reverted to last years chassis and both watching the bike on track at both Assen and Sachsenring, and based upon his results it's working.

I'm glad.

Who gives a shit about what Krop said or journo's pandering to HRC...there are many that don't. Anyone with all but a cursory interest in this sport understands the inherent inequities if not the mechanics the machinations and mutability. Marquez was flawless this weekend - give the guy some Kudos, some credit, - he's got what he needs, be that psychologically or physically and he's delivered in response...mellow, and enjoy the second half of the season.

(EDIT: Unless you are a fan of either Pol Espagaro or Ducati)
Keshav, yamaka46, #22 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Arrabbiata1; July 12th, 2015 at 12:56 PM.
Arrabbiata1 is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 12:54 PM   #95
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,181
Likes: 2472

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperManatee View Post
With all the attention being focused on the Hondas supposed woes, Ducatis woes are swept under the rug. Just about every person on the site including Mototainment journalist Kropo was singing its praises. It didn't take but a few races before normal order was restored.
The ducati is still the steaming pile of shit it always was.
Kind of makes you wonder about Dorna's rush to end their concessions.
JPSLotus is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 01:18 PM   #96
Senior Member
 
J4rn0's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Tuscany, Italy

Posts: 3,756
Likes: 651

I Ride: Yamaha and Ducati
Regarding both Honda and Ducati, there is too much rushing to conclusions.

Honda have now found something that was easily available to them all the time -- last year's chassis, and it works. Great. It remains true that the development done for 2015 was a failure. So those who said the RCV wasn't performing well, were not wrong...
They have now restored their 2014 level, but Yamaha have caught up with that level, so they are now evenly matched. Don't be deceived by Honda's dominance at Sachsenring -- by Marquez' and Pedro's own admission, this is a favorable track for them.

Ducati started the season beyond expectations and for a few races were strong contenders, reaching the podium with relative ease (thanks also to the fact that Honda was in trouble). Now that Honda is back with two riders, they have to displace at least two out of four Jap factory bikes to put a foot on th podium -- so it's harder. At the same time the last two tracks were not the best for them -- they need long straights and fast bends to stretch their desmo legs.
At Indy the Ducatis will do better than at Assen or Sachs.
J4rn0 is online now  
July 12th, 2015, 02:02 PM   #97
Senior Member
 
basspete's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Back home in Beautiful Perthshire

Posts: 3,065
Likes: 165

I Ride: Harley Davidson Sportster
Yep, it proves Casay's development skills are up there with his sense of humour.
#22, SuperManatee, Theo and 1 others like this.
basspete is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 02:05 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,167
Likes: 1269

I Ride: DRZ400sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumkie View Post
Riders' don't blame bikes, fan boys blame bikes!
Again, Jum... you're always bemoaning about how the first four bikes finishing being Hondas and Yamahas.... because??? Because they're better bikes and have the best crews to do the set-up.


And on the other hand you contradict yourself by saying the winning has only to do with the rider. Make up your mind. Which is it?
Keshav is online now  
July 12th, 2015, 02:19 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,281
Likes: 232

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Again, Jum... you're always bemoaning about how the first four bikes finishing being Hondas and Yamahas.... because??? Because they're better bikes and have the best crews to do the set-up.


And on the other hand you contradict yourself by saying the winning has only to do with the rider. Make up your mind. Which is it?
I expect the real reason that Honda and Yamaha are up in the 1st 4 places is because they throw more money at their bikes than the rest of the grid combined
Theo is offline  
July 12th, 2015, 02:35 PM   #100
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,851
Likes: 1646

I Ride: your mom
Damn this place hasn't changed one bit. Well Jums posts seem to be shorter but thats about it. Whats crackin kesh?
Keshav, Mick D, #22 and 1 others like this.
MdubSTYLIE is online now  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2015, deutschland, gopro, grand, motogp, motorrad, prix, round, spoilers



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP: 2015 Round 07 - Catalunya (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 136 June 16th, 2015 11:05 PM
MotoGP: 2015 Round 02 - Circuit of the Americas (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 39 April 19th, 2015 01:06 PM
MotoGP: 2014 Race 18 - Valencia Grand Prix (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 10 November 9th, 2014 01:00 PM
MotoGP: 2014 Race 16 - Tissot Australian Grand Prix (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 14 October 21st, 2014 08:17 PM
MotoGP 2014 Round 5 - Monster Energy Grand Prix de France duc MotoGP 82 May 21st, 2014 09:03 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.