MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
November 27th, 2013, 05:43 AM   #1
 
Joined: Sep 2006

Posts: 22,701
Likes: 2



In an interview with Mediaset in Italy, The Doctor said

that performances at early tests and the first six races of the year

would determine whether he would carry on call it a day when his Yamaha

contract runs out at the end of 2014.



"If I'm here and I want to keep running, I will have to stay ahead in

2014, closer to the first three. From February to June, the test and

the first six races will be crucial for deciding whether to continue or

stop racing in MotoGP at the end of the season. I'd like to continue for

another couple of years, but only if they are competitive," said Rossi.



It just so happens that his home round of Mugello is the sixth race

of the schedule. It is more than possible there will be a lot of tears

on that Sunday night...



Read the original article on bikesportnews.com
chopperman is offline  
 
November 27th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
rezonator636's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Louisiana, USA

Posts: 342
Likes: 1



If Rossi is talking like this now, then I'm guessing he's kinda sorta made up his mind already. Looks like 2014 is the Doctor's last year.





The question now is, who's going to take over his seat in 2015?
rezonator636 is offline  
November 27th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #3
 
Joined: Sep 2006

Posts: 22,701
Likes: 2

rezonator636
Quote:
3697621385567280

If Rossi is talking like this now, then I'm guessing he's kinda sorta made up his mind already. Looks like 2014 is the Doctor's last year.





The question now is, who's going to take over his seat in 2015?

I agree, sounds quite despondent to me. Obviously i would have liked to see Cal on his bike but now he has signed for ducati thats out. Scott would be grewat but i think we all know its going to be Pol espagaro.
chopperman is offline  
November 27th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
JohnnyKnockdown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: unda cheese

Posts: 4,889
Likes: 1032

chopperman
Quote:
3697631385570135

I agree, sounds quite despondent to me. Obviously i would have liked to see Cal on his bike but now he has signed for ducati thats out. Scott would be grewat but i think we all know its going to be Pol espagaro.

I think he sounds quite forthcoming and practical. A character trait that many here ( YELLOW CLOWN, YELLOW CLOWN, YELLOW CLOWN) believe he is incapable of and microscopically criticize his every move as selfless.

I still think hes capable of doing better then last years performance
JohnnyKnockdown is offline  
November 27th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Big Jorge's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013

Posts: 579
Likes: 2



Someone who enjoys getting beat week in week out off Jorge.
Big Jorge is offline  
November 27th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
J4rn0's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Tuscany, Italy

Posts: 3,764
Likes: 664

I Ride: Yamaha and Ducati


I wouldn't attach too much importance to that interview, it was recorded one month ago, went on air only now, and someone jumped on a sentence, took it out of context and made a headline.


For sure Rossi's results will have to be better in 2014 for him (and Yamaha...) to continue, but there is no deadline of five or six or seven races.
J4rn0 is offline  
November 27th, 2013, 08:25 AM   #7
 
Joined: Sep 2006

Posts: 22,701
Likes: 2

J4rn0
Quote:
3697671385572695

I wouldn't attach too much importance to that interview, it was recorded one month ago, went on air only now, and someone jumped on a sentence, took it out of context and made a headline.


For sure Rossi's results will have to be better in 2014 for him (and Yamaha...) to continue, but there is no deadline of five or six or seven races.

Well it's not called "the silly season" for nothing. indecently still no news on Motogp site about Puig packing his bags.


.I think it may not just be Rossi's decision to retire if he doest become competitive next season. I can't see Yamaha wanting to re-sign him anyway. Maybe this was more a pre-emptive "i quit" rather than "i was sacked" speech ?
chopperman is offline  
November 27th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
bonnielass's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
From: Alpha Setti 5

Posts: 2,302



His retirement date can't be too far away next season or the season after. Perhaps it depends more on another contract, maybe in a rally car, Talks of running a Moto3 team, his little bro is up and coming. There is an awful lot of options for him.
bonnielass is offline  
November 27th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
rezonator636's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: Louisiana, USA

Posts: 342
Likes: 1



Speculation or not, I think Rossi feels it's time to move on. I'd rather see him move to rally cars than WSBK, though, and I think he's leaning in that direction. The dude seems pretty handy with four wheels on a dirt road.
rezonator636 is offline  
November 27th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #10
 
Joined: Sep 2006

Posts: 22,701
Likes: 2

rezonator636
Quote:
3697711385578403

Speculation or not, I think Rossi feels it's time to move on. I'd rather see him move to rally cars than WSBK, though, and I think he's leaning in that direction. The dude seems pretty handy with four wheels on a dirt road.

Nah don't think so. Rally is just a hobby and up against the big boys he would not be anywhere near competitive. Rossi needs to be competitive and the way he can even at his age is in team ownership / management.
chopperman is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
deadline, decision, retirement, rossi, sets



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time of Rossi's retirement gui22a MotoGP 84 June 15th, 2011 10:47 PM
2012 Entry Deadline Jumkie MotoGP 6 April 6th, 2011 07:46 PM
Rossi Retirement Contract Jumkie MotoGP 17 December 24th, 2009 01:04 PM
Rossi Sets Pole Record For home Grand Prix Moto GP News Bot MotoGP 0 June 10th, 2005 09:07 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.