MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,726
Likes: 3980

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4rn0 View Post
Only way is if he can get younger.
Luck can help -- and occasional brilliance will shine here and there, as it did in Qatar (and yes on a good day he can still win the odd race I think); but his decline has been evident for some time imho.
The turning point was in 2010.
U mistake "decline" with not having exclusively all his way on a competitive machine, with special tires to boot. No "decline", just normal for his talent given the reality that most other riders have dealt with all their careers. Rossi would have been another Roberts JR, Lorenzo, Pedrosa had he not been given every possible exclusive benefit (while detrimental to others). Had he been on a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD to other similarly talented riders, as he is NOW, his records would have been 1/5 of what they are now.
Jumkie is offline  
 
May 7th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
MigsAngel's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: UK

Posts: 2,599
Likes: 271

I Ride: 675...
Jumkie
Quote:
3509821367993147

U mistake "decline" with not having exclusively all his way on a competitive machine, with special tires to boot. No "decline", just normal for his talent given the reality that most other riders have dealt with all their careers. Rossi would have been another Roberts JR, Lorenzo, Pedrosa had he not been given every possible exclusive benefit (while detrimental to others). Had he been on a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD to other similarly talented riders, as he is NOW, his records would have been 1/5 of what they are now.




LOL....still beating the same old horse.....





Would have been....Could have been.....Should have been.....Are all just words to begin speculation and bullocks...




the Fact is Rossi has multiple titles and races.....so speculating about his not having won them is just fantasy and delusion.....





Will he win races again? Maybe...i for one hope he does....and if he does not well at least we know and can remember what he has accomplished in his career....
MigsAngel is offline  
May 8th, 2013, 01:35 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: UK

Posts: 1,394

Jumkie
Quote:
3509821367993147

U mistake "decline" with not having exclusively all his way on a competitive machine, with special tires to boot. No "decline", just normal for his talent given the reality that most other riders have dealt with all their careers. Rossi would have been another Roberts JR, Lorenzo, Pedrosa had he not been given every possible exclusive benefit (while detrimental to others). Had he been on a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD to other similarly talented riders, as he is NOW, his records would have been 1/5 of what they are now.

Agreed,to be honest he is barely quicker than Cal in real terms and given the the same treatment over many years most in MGP could achieve similar.
thedeal is offline  
May 8th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: UK

Posts: 1,394

MigsAngel
Quote:
3509851367996151

LOL....still beating the same old horse.....





Would have been....Could have been.....Should have been.....Are all just words to begin speculation and bullocks...




the Fact is Rossi has multiple titles and races.....so speculating about his not having won them is just fantasy and delusion.....





Will he win races again? Maybe...i for one hope he does....and if he does not well at least we know and can remember what he has accomplished in his career....

Yet you ignore facts like tyres flown in over night for one rider, and jum is deluded?
thedeal is offline  
May 8th, 2013, 01:44 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: Netherlands

Posts: 2,127
Likes: 457

Jumkie
Quote:
3509801367992505

Krops, i think what has been buried this weekend (given the exemplary last turn racing craft making the headlines) has been the difficulties experienced by M1's and the Bstones for the event. The question is, will this continue?

Lorenzo nearly finished second, and three seconds off the pace. Lorenzo and Forcada did very well. Unlike the crew next door.
Kropotkin is offline  
May 8th, 2013, 01:49 AM   #56
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: The third dimension

Posts: 254



He showed some fight with MM at the beginning, but faded. I think the Honda is the better bike this year, but at least Jorge rides the Yam to it's potential and mixed it with the Hondas. Rossi aint in the same league as Jorge, it's plain to see. Give the seat to someone young and who has the balls to push it to the maximum. Time to take the goat out to pasture...
mad mick is offline  
May 8th, 2013, 02:09 AM   #57
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Alaska

Posts: 2,428
Likes: 50

Kropotkin
Quote:
3509971368002696

Lorenzo nearly finished second, and three seconds off the pace. Lorenzo and Forcada did very well. Unlike the crew next door.



Kropotkin
Quote:
3509971368002696

Actually Jorge was bumped, to third by two Hondas on a Yamaha track, and VR was only a few seconds back on the WC.......you've beenswallowingto much of the BS here on PS Kropo, either that or you're selectively marketing by agreeing with these clowns.......





Actually, besides Qatar 2013, Honda have whipped Jorge and Yamaha since mid 2012.......I would say the crew up the road is showing Forcada's boys how to operate.....actually


Honda will win the title this year, Easily, Yamaha are well behind and need to re-evaluatetheir direction, great bike, but needs updating, Jorge's style is being found seriously wanting at present by two factory Hondas......maybethat'sa good place to start





Ducati need to quit right now, and the control tyre situation is worse than ever.........glad to see some here are re-iteratingthesentimentsI've beenpreaching around the Bridgestones control rubber issuesfor a while.
Talpa is offline  
May 8th, 2013, 02:23 AM   #58
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,508
Likes: 444

I Ride: R6
Jumkie
Quote:
3509821367993147

U mistake "decline" with not having exclusively all his way on a competitive machine, with special tires to boot. No "decline", just normal for his talent given the reality that most other riders have dealt with all their careers. Rossi would have been another Roberts JR, Lorenzo, Pedrosa had he not been given every possible exclusive benefit (while detrimental to others). Had he been on a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD to other similarly talented riders, as he is NOW, his records would have been 1/5 of what they are now.

Ah yes,the tall gangly kid had it 'all his way' on a 125cc machine (which I'm sure you've never ridden - they are so sensitive to input that a tall lad will struggle immensely).



Rossi took Lorenzo around the outside at Catalunya in 09, because he had it 'all his way'. He owned Lorenzo on the last corner because his machine must have been better. And again and again and again throughout that season.He never missed a race for 15 years because he had it 'all his way' - or maybe, he just hadenough skillto be able to judge traction.



It's nonsense. The bike needs to be competitive for anyone to win, but against similarly competitive bikes, he has kicked immense arse over his career. What, you think that when he moved to Yamaha, Honda/HRC just stopped trying? He's my favourite rider, but Nicky Hayden had a factory Honda for six years - how many races did he win? Do you think in 09, Lorenzo had a bad bike?
RCV600RR is offline  
May 8th, 2013, 02:33 AM   #59
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,508
Likes: 444

I Ride: R6
J4rn0
Quote:
3508691367874061

Only way is if he can get younger.


Luck can help -- and occasional brilliance will shine here and there, as it did in Qatar (and yes on a good day he can still win the odd race I think); but his decline has been evident for some time imho.


The turning point was in 2010.

I think the turning points were the two injuries, in particular.





If I recall correctly, he absolutely dominatedevery single day of the2010 pre-season testing, although I believe Casey might have topped the last day at Qatar. He won the first race in Qatar, then injured his shoulder. After the shoulder injury he had two bad races, then broke his leg in Mugello. From the occurrence of those injuries, he lost his dominance.
RCV600RR is offline  
May 8th, 2013, 03:07 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: UK

Posts: 1,394

RCV600RR
Quote:
3510021368004990

Ah yes,the tall gangly kid had it 'all his way' on a 125cc machine (which I'm sure you've never ridden - they are so sensitive to input that a tall lad will struggle immensely).



Rossi took Lorenzo around the outside at Catalunya in 09, because he had it 'all his way'. He owned Lorenzo on the last corner because his machine must have been better. And again and again and again throughout that season.He never missed a race for 15 years because he had it 'all his way' - or maybe, he just hadenough skillto be able to judge traction.


It's nonsense. The bike needs to be competitive for anyone to win, but against similarly competitive bikes, he has kicked immense arse over his career. What, you think that when he moved to Yamaha, Honda/HRC just stopped trying? He's my favourite rider, but Nicky Hayden had a factory Honda for six years - how many races did he win? Do you think in 09, Lorenzo had a bad bike?

Really? tell Casey and Ducati that.
thedeal is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
back, bit, race, rossi, time, win



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FIM confirm 2011 race time schedule bonnielass MotoGP 1 January 18th, 2011 02:02 AM
Long time race fan, new to the forum SprogTheDog New Users 16 July 9th, 2009 12:20 AM
In time for race season cl_snowb New Users 3 April 10th, 2009 04:36 AM
what time does the race air over the pond kngadrok MotoGP 5 July 20th, 2008 01:43 PM
Race day time changes in Malaysia. Capirex18 MotoGP 12 September 8th, 2006 07:37 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.