MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
June 3rd, 2012, 08:32 AM   #21
Desert Varmint
 
Geonerd's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
From: Southern Aridzona - Hell's doorstep.

Posts: 3,336
Likes: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx CURVE xx View Post
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!



Damitspies....


Is that his new name?



(Just now watching a download.)

Had a feeling that something like that might happen; Ben was looking ragged from the start. Still, a blunder like that is not the sort of thing you expect from Mr. Cool.



Feel free to join us Nicky fans in our standard post-race meditation:

"Well, that sucked, as usual. How soon 'till the next race?"
Geonerd is offline  
 
June 3rd, 2012, 08:43 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2009
From: New Orleans

Posts: 1,180
Likes: 7

Well this isn't the first time CS has had to bounce back from a bad tire decision, it's going to be interesting to watch what strategies him and Jlo use for the next few races. Does Jlo turn up the wick now that he can afford to lose a few points or does he keep playing it safe, the next few races should be fun to watch. Dovi and Cal continue to impress and Pedro is showing HRC that he isn't gonna be enough when and if CS retires.
hawkdriver is offline  
June 3rd, 2012, 09:25 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
J4rn0's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Tuscany, Italy

Posts: 3,798
Likes: 726

I Ride: Yamaha and Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Damn Lorenzo has too many electronics, the best tyres, a bike anybody can win on, the fastest bike, ............ and i don't like his personality!!







Other than that he's pretty good, nice job.




Same feeling here... damn, Pedro really let me down this time.
J4rn0 is offline  
June 3rd, 2012, 10:02 AM   #24
 
Joined: Sep 2006

Posts: 22,701
Likes: 2

Great ride by Lorenzo, love that foam stuff. Where can i get some?

Great ride from Pedrosa until the wheelie

Another great ride by Dovi. First podium on a yam

Stoner now 20 points down. losing the ground wars will not fair well if he wants to retire at the top.

Cal's 2nd time here so inexperienced but still a solid result . Pity he couldn't get past stoner as i think he was faster today and could have made a push for a podium.

Rossi not looking too bad today. 7th on a dry track i9s an improvement.
chopperman is offline  
June 3rd, 2012, 10:16 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: California, USA

Posts: 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperman View Post
Great ride by Lorenzo, love that foam stuff. Where can i get some?

Great ride from Pedrosa until the wheelie

Another great ride by Dovi. First podium on a yam

Stoner now 20 points down. losing the ground wars will not fair well if he wants to retire at the top.

Cal's 2nd time here so inexperienced but still a solid result . Pity he couldn't get past stoner as i think he was faster today and could have made a push for a podium.

Rossi not looking too bad today. 7th on a dry track i9s an improvement.


and within camera shot of another podium for a good while too..



spies, spies, spies.. man i had such high hopes for this race.. and when he got the good start.. all over the back of pedrosa i was foaming at the mouth.. but used his card a lil too soon, or just outbraked himself.. hard to say.. ya know, a few years ago.. whoever was at the front at the outset had the highest probability of winning, but lately there's been alot of midrace passes for the lead etc.. my advice to spies would be to do what he's always done and let the races come to him.. but you couldnt help but think about the soft/hard tire war for the race.. thinking you're soft is going to go off, you need to push in the beginning etc..



anyway good race.. felt bad for crutchlow stuck behind stoner, but good for dovi.. pedrosa.. you are the GSPOT, (Greatest Second Placer Of (all) Time).. and Lorenzo.. what can ya say.. calm, collected.. came to him.. good stuff
truent is offline  
June 3rd, 2012, 10:30 AM   #26
 
Joined: Sep 2006

Posts: 22,701
Likes: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by truent View Post
and within camera shot of another podium for a good while too..



spies, spies, spies.. man i had such high hopes for this race.. and when he got the good start.. all over the back of pedrosa i was foaming at the mouth.. but used his card a lil too soon, or just outbraked himself.. hard to say.. ya know, a few years ago.. whoever was at the front at the outset had the highest probability of winning, but lately there's been alot of midrace passes for the lead etc.. my advice to spies would be to do what he's always done and let the races come to him.. but you couldnt help but think about the soft/hard tire war for the race.. thinking you're soft is going to go off, you need to push in the beginning etc..



anyway good race.. felt bad for crutchlow stuck behind stoner, but good for dovi.. pedrosa.. you are the GSPOT, (Greatest Second Placer Of (all) Time).. and Lorenzo.. what can ya say.. calm, collected.. came to him.. good stuff
chopperman is offline  
June 3rd, 2012, 11:06 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
cliché guevara's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
From: siebenbürgen süße heimat!

Posts: 3,155
Likes: 2

starting to like pedrosa more and more,

no excuses about bad tire choice or anything, just said hats off to jorge and that he will try harder next time.
cliché guevara is offline  
June 3rd, 2012, 11:16 AM   #28
 
Joined: Sep 2006

Posts: 22,701
Likes: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliché guevara View Post
starting to like pedrosa more and more,

no excuses about bad tire choice or anything, just said hats off to jorge and that he will try harder next time.
Yeah, i was also impressed with his attitude.
chopperman is offline  
June 3rd, 2012, 11:31 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
cliché guevara's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
From: siebenbürgen süße heimat!

Posts: 3,155
Likes: 2

i really start to feel bad for him. he had his share of bad luck and injuries to make up for the special treatment in 06-07.



hope he will continue to perform this season, if hes not too much behind stoner in the points ,2013 could finally be his year.

this years title will be stoner vs lorenzo
cliché guevara is offline  
June 3rd, 2012, 12:07 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,424
Likes: 1368

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion Blaster4 View Post
Even though Spies fucked up on the third lap, he at least shows he had the pace for the race... This is getting extremely pathetic though. And Dovi got 3rd >.>



Pedrosa also looked really strong until the end, even if coming from a pedro fan... Great job on Lorenzos part.



Rossi also lacked the pace i was expecting from him this weekend.



And why is this forum so quiet after the race? Was if anything the most exciting one this year.



Its also pretty ironic Spies finished closer to the leaders in this race than he did in Jerez... o.O
Spies and company finally found the right set-up. Just a bit of shit luck. Hope he brings whatever he had today

to Silverstone.
Little Walter likes this.
Keshav is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
catalunya, race, spoilers



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP 2013: Sachsenring, Build up (spoilers) Practice (spoilers) Qualifying (spoilers) Bautista (spoilers) Big Jorge MotoGP 209 July 30th, 2013 09:42 PM
MotoGP: 2013 Round 06 - CATALUNYA (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 154 June 21st, 2013 07:35 AM
Catalunya Race Thread (Spoilers) Mental Anarchist MotoGP 209 June 8th, 2011 12:52 AM
Catalunya GP - SPOILERS!!! somedamnwriter MotoGP 124 July 9th, 2010 06:41 AM
Catalunya Race Rd 6 frosty58 MotoGP 182 July 4th, 2009 08:42 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.