MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
November 9th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2008

Posts: 1,086

----------------------------------------------------------------------------



Preziosi: "Rossi? Fatal attraction"

http://www.gpone.com/index.php/en/sl...ricolosoq.html





Valencia - There was a lot to discuss during the press conference held by Filippo Preziosi this afternoon. Fifteen minutes in English and fifteen in Italian, to explain, to a packed Ducati hospitality area, the work program for the next two days of testing. Two days that will see Valentino Rossi on the Desmosedici for the first time.





Chosing an engine. “This is the most important aspect of the test - Preziosi began - to chose which motor to move forward with (between the big bang or the screamer, ed.) To decide we will give the riders - Rossi and Hayden - three bikes: a big bang GP10, and two GP11's; one with a big bang evolution and one with a screamer. He will start with the big bang GP11, and then move on to the others."



Help! Just as Preziosi was talking about the big bang, a gust of wind nearly took down the hospitality structure. Luckily that big bang was avoided, and there were no "screamers" during the scare either.



Problem: keeping Rossi calm. “All this - Preziosi said, picking up where he left off - means working without worrying too much about lap times. But I think Rossi might not agree. I'll have to find a way to convince him." In some strange way, he will actually get some help with this from Yamaha. The Japanese manufacturer has strictly forbid Rossi (and they have ways of enforcing it) from talking about the Ducati or the test.



Thank you, Yamaha. No, not for putting the gag order on Rossi, but for allowing him to test with Ducati this week. A formal gesture of fair play that isn't all that common in the paddock these days.





The truth doesn't exist. “I don't have any particular preference for one engine or another. Aside from the different sounds they make, which you notice immediately, they are actually quite similar in terms of performance. The better one is the one that wins. The better one is the one that the riders feel better with.



If you want to talk about the truth, you have to realize that objective measures can only provide less than 50% of the answer, the rest comes from the rider's feelings. For this reason, even if we have charts and graphs with all the data, and even if we have feedback from the test rider, it is still up to the race riders to decide."



I would have killed Casey. “Sunday night, when it hit me that Stoner was no longer our rider, I suddenly felt very sad. I didn't think I was so attached to him. He is a fast rider, and an honest man. He is able to push a bike to its limits within a few laps, which is a big advantage. These are his strengths. You know them. He also has defects, for which there have been moments when I could have killed him. You know those as well..."



The fatal attraction to Valentino. “I spoke with Valentino a few times, even before he decided to race with us. There is something dangerously charming about him: dangerous because you find yourself liking your one of your opponents, which is never good. I understand why there are people that would do anything for him. The engineers that know him, they can tell you that his debriefings are like university lectures. Well, I would think they are more fun than that. He is the greatest rider of all time. As a motorcycle enthusiast and a fan, I am curious to see what he will do at Ducati."



Burgess and Preziosi's youth. “The first rider that I admired, when I was a kid, was Freddie Spencer. He had Jeremy Burgess for a crew chief. I'm almost nervous to work with him. I have spoken with him several times, and found him to be a nice person. He isn't the slightest bit arrogant, and he is very logical." .



Ducati: an atom bomb. “This morning, with Burgess and his group, we did an engine change. This afternoon we will put it all back together. I could see in their eyes that they were somewhat perplexed. Taking the engine out of a Desmosedici is like setting off an atomic bomb: the biggest piece that is left couldn't fill up a cup."



When Rossi pulls into the garage. “The work method won't change too much compared to a week ago. When Stoner would pull into the garage, three people would immediately go to him. The center of it all was C2 (Cristian Gabarrini's nickname, ed). There will be three people with Rossi as well, but the main reference will be Burgess.” With C2, the emphasis was always on the data; with Burgess it will be his vast experience.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.
Attached Thumbnails
Preziosi: Rossi is the greatest rider of all time-preziosi.jpg  
rossiofsky is offline  
 
November 9th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
cliché guevara's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
From: siebenbürgen süße heimat!

Posts: 3,155
Likes: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossiofsky View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------------



I would have killed Casey. “Sunday night, when it hit me that Stoner was no longer our rider, I suddenly felt very sad. I didn't think I was so attached to him. He is a fast rider, and an honest man. He is able to push a bike to its limits within a few laps, which is a big advantage. These are his strengths. You know them. He also has defects, for which there have been moments when I could have killed him. You know those as well..."



The fatal attraction to Valentino. “I spoke with Valentino a few times, even before he decided to race with us. There is something dangerously charming about him: dangerous because you find yourself liking your one of your opponents, which is never good.

.


i really like nicky and i'm sure he does a lot for the team and everybodys happy that he's there,but i can't help feeling that ducati would have loved to keep stoner.

i'm just thinking,was it impossible to pay for a third bike?was it impossible to move hayden to another bike because rossi insisted on hayden being his teammate?



i was just reading about the supposed advantage honda has next year with 3 factory riders.just imagine what a force rossi-stoner-hayden would have been



i'd love to hear some facts about the big bang or the screamer,like what is the power and torque difference .from what i know a big bang configuration always has the disadvantage of having less peak horsepower and very unlinear torque curves compared to screamers. and i can't think of a reason why someone would choose screamer if they do not get that peak power advantage. but maybe theres a techhead here that knows more?
cliché guevara is offline  
November 10th, 2010, 05:13 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2008

Posts: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliché guevara View Post
i really like nicky and i'm sure he does a lot for the team and everybodys happy that he's there,but i can't help feeling that ducati would have loved to keep stoner.

i'm just thinking,was it impossible to pay for a third bike?was it impossible to move hayden to another bike because rossi insisted on hayden being his teammate?



i was just reading about the supposed advantage honda has next year with 3 factory riders.just imagine what a force rossi-stoner-hayden would have been



i'd love to hear some facts about the big bang or the screamer,like what is the power and torque difference .from what i know a big bang configuration always has the disadvantage of having less peak horsepower and very unlinear torque curves compared to screamers. and i can't think of a reason why someone would choose screamer if they do not get that peak power advantage. but maybe theres a techhead here that knows more?




About keeping Stoner, i think Ducati loved to keep him, but for whatever reason he didn't want to continue with ducati, and chose for Honda, so they hadn't any reason/option for a 3th bike, like Honda did.(Honda had already 2 riders in contract for 2011 when they went for Stoner)



Preziosi has said a little about those engines: the engine that wins and is more rideable for the riders is the best.(so both are good, but it depends on riders and results)



Last year Presiosi said: Stoner is the fastest rider of motogp, and now for the first time he gives his opinion on Rossi's in media.
rossiofsky is offline  
November 10th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #4
 
Joined: Sep 2006

Posts: 22,701
Likes: 2

Filippo Preziosi and Vale look like there best buddies looks like a winning team in the making.
chopperman is offline  
November 10th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,724
Likes: 3972

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperman View Post
Filippo Preziosi and Vale look like there best buddies looks like a winning team in the making.
11022:rossi_preziosi.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails
Preziosi: Rossi is the greatest rider of all time-rossi_preziosi.jpg  
Jumkie is offline  
November 11th, 2010, 02:28 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2008

Posts: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperman View Post
Filippo Preziosi and Vale look like there best buddies looks like a winning team in the making.




Yes, and he ís letting everybody know about how excited he is to work with Rossi. and let's not forget they were friends already before Rossi joined them.

but i like it how he still loves and talks about Casey. usually the team bosses dont talk about their last riders at all, but he doesn't mind to still thank and talk about Stoner.
rossiofsky is offline  
November 11th, 2010, 02:30 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2008

Posts: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
11022:rossi_preziosi.jpg]




Preziosi looks like he is in Love with Vale, in these pictures.
rossiofsky is offline  
November 11th, 2010, 05:47 AM   #8
BEN
Site Founder
 
BEN's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
From: Lancashire UK

Posts: 4,482
Likes: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
11022:rossi_preziosi.jpg]


Uccio's days are numbered



Intresting read that - cheers.
BEN is offline  
November 11th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2008

Posts: 1,086

if Uccio could only hear you
rossiofsky is offline  
November 15th, 2010, 01:47 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: Netherlands

Posts: 2,127
Likes: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliché guevara View Post
i really like nicky and i'm sure he does a lot for the team and everybodys happy that he's there,but i can't help feeling that ducati would have loved to keep stoner.

i'm just thinking,was it impossible to pay for a third bike?was it impossible to move hayden to another bike because rossi insisted on hayden being his teammate?


I get a strong sense from Stoner that he wanted to leave Ducati because they wouldn't develop the bike. He kept asking for new parts, but they came only slowly, and not quickly enough to help deal with his problems. His biggest problem was that he was quick whatever the state of the bike, whether it got fixed or not. I think the Rossi-Preziosi love-in could be very short-lived.
Kropotkin is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
greatest, preziosi, rider, rossi, time



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jorge Lorenzo: Greatest 1000cc GP Rider In History mylexicon MotoGP 77 May 2nd, 2012 03:49 AM
Aleix Espargaro: Greatest CRT Rider In History mylexicon MotoGP 8 April 30th, 2012 02:12 PM
Greatest crew chief of all time #46 MotoGP 4 October 23rd, 2008 12:17 AM
Greatest All-time Choke! Jumkie MotoGP 36 March 14th, 2007 06:14 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.